Forums

Serious Game Mechanic issue - Inventory Limit when Switching Class

Please +1 if you would like this issue fixed.

So the 15th anniversary reward for 15 year old players today was a raid master outfit, which can neither be destroyed or put into your warehouse. With all the gear in this game, my toon is almost always 120/184 inventory. Yet to switch class I need to be down to 95 inventory. Switching class from main to dual class, something that should be simple is very difficult. This is very annoying mechanic to the game that I feel can be easily fixed. Can I get some support? Maybe the Dev team can look into this. 

This 95/184 cap, makes it difficult to keep buying gear. And the most bound items added to my toon the worse the situation gets. Pretty soon Top players will not be able to switch class.

This is a very simple quality of life issue, ncsoft can fix. We just need to tell them as a community that it is important to us that they fix this.

Edited by weinerthezon
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Juji said:

The dev team is currently looking into the issue with the item properties preventing it from being deposited into the warehouse.

@JujiI'm sorry...but that's your only take away from this thread? O.o 

Main Point: This 95/184 cap, makes it difficult to keep buying gear. And the most bound items added to my toon the worse the situation gets. Pretty soon Top players will not be able to switch class.

PS. Hate to say 'I told you so' Wiener but as I said in chat in cp comms...it`s pointless. For the future, we should all just have our 15 yr momento toons that 99.9 % of ppl still around use solely for a WH. Forget the fact that ppl increased their WH + Inv storages via game items to not have this problem via a logical % based ability/threshold. PHYCH! LOL

• Thanks 2

You guys (NC Soft) keep introducing new items, but the inventory cap to switch class remains the same - it looks like an overlook from your end. I'm sure many players would appreciate if this was addressed. This cap is also annoying when claiming items from the Dimensional NPC next to the WH or returning quests.

----> To everyone annoyed when unable to switch class:

I'm not sure if you guys remember there is a workaround, but you need to have a character next to you, it can be anyone, you don't have to trust them.

1. Start a trade

2. Move random items into the trade (the number of items depends on how much you exceed the inventory limit), DO NOT PRESS OK

3. Change class

4. Cancel the trade

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weinerthezon said:

Please +1 if you would like this issue fixed.

So the 15th anniversary reward for 15 year old players today was a raid master outfit, which can neither be destroyed or put into your warehouse. With all the gear in this game, my toon is almost always 120/184 inventory. Yet to switch class I need to be down to 95 inventory. Switching class from main to dual class, something that should be simple is very difficult. This is very annoying mechanic to the game that I feel can be easily fixed. Can I get some support? Maybe the Dev team can look into this. 

This 95/184 cap, makes it difficult to keep buying gear. And the most bound items added to my toon the worse the situation gets. Pretty soon Top players will not be able to switch class.

This is a very simple quality of life issue, ncsoft can fix. We just need to tell them as a community that it is important to us that they fix this.

Totally agree.

Already have on max: number slot limit and weight limit on inventory and warehouse, and still is a problem when u need to change between main and dual 

something that should need to take u not more than 10 secs, take u more than 5 min sending a lot of mails with items to box chars or making fake trade to be able to change of class.

We need seriously something to increment weight and slots limit, cuz month by month we get new items but not new slots/limits

already there was a time that u remove weight from determinate items, still there are a lot of items in wich u need remove the weight

Yeah, it's about time this issue is seriously looked into, even having max inventory on main and dual classes doesn't fix the issue.

Why even spending elcyum to get these extra inventory slots if it's uselss in the end...

When pretty much every player in the server is facing the same problem, then it should be adressed (especially since it really seems like a poor programming job to begin with).

For a player with decent gear, all the equiped items, consumables, various runes and other various useful items already makes you at 90 or more items. So it means you have to to get rid of what's not strictly necessary everytime if you want to be able to change class freely. That's pretty ironic when you actually have more than enouh space to store everything.

That would be great if we can be freed from this after so long, that' would be a seriously great QoL improveent for the game, so please, Juji, talk with the dev team to do something about this (without causing server crashes ;) )!!

Agree

inventory slots number vs. dual switch or quest take under 80% weight is ridiculous. Moreover why @Juji we have in game plenty of not-destructible items with not use for example events items that remains, accesories, and many others. Are not tradable, not postable to other character on same account, not sellible and for god NOT DESTRUCTIBLE. After so many years these items only take place in warehause. I know that in some cases NCsupport could delete such items but why complicated such simple procedure. And dont tell me that people are stupid and put itemst to trash accidentally :)

+1 to all here

It really makes no sense for someone to increase inventory slots when the cap for changing to dual class remains the same.. This seems like an omission from the developers because i don't want to think that the company's preference is to annoy and make even the change of class hard for its customers...

Only dwarves have a higher limit as far as i know..

OMG, this feels like a bladder that we've been holding on to for 15 years and now finally went to see a Urinologist!!!  Goooodaaammnit!!  HELL YEAH ADDRESS THIS ISSUE NOW!!!  I don't understand why we can't even take Oriana quest item without resorting to inventory madness!  This thread is right, the dualclass issue is not 80%, it's like 40%.

16 hours ago, Juji said:

The dev team is currently looking into the issue with the item properties preventing it from being deposited into the warehouse.

This is a bandaid on busted water main. Although I appreciate it, as now I will only need to trade 29 items instead of 30 to switch class ^m^

16 hours ago, HiccUps said:

@JujiI'm sorry...but that's your only take away from this thread? O.o 

Main Point: This 95/184 cap, makes it difficult to keep buying gear. And the most bound items added to my toon the worse the situation gets. Pretty soon Top players will not be able to switch class.

PS. Hate to say 'I told you so' Wiener but as I said in chat in cp comms...it`s pointless. For the future, we should all just have our 15 yr momento toons that 99.9 % of ppl still around use solely for a WH. Forget the fact that ppl increased their WH + Inv storages via game items to not have this problem via a logical % based ability/threshold. PHYCH! LOL

Juji is just a reporter, he does not have any permission or responsibility.

this issue will most likely solve itself once we get the latest updates from Korea aka ~1year from now as Korea removed subclass so only main / dual remain

one of the reasons of the inventory restriction is due to subclass as a lot of those passives and gear related inventory slot boosts don't work on a subclass

also obviously due to lazy/bad coding but hey the game is 15+ years old so outdated code is to be expected..

btw +1 on getting this fixed as it's annoying for everyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019. 04. 18. at 4:21 AM, Juji said:

its really simple action.
In past we was need to go to npc to learn skills, dev team solve this problem, you can learn all skill anywhere,
Now need to go npc to put or gain item to wh, simple remove WH npc and add new window where you can put or take out item from wh. and dev team can edit send mail and gain main anywhere :D

• 1 month later...

With new event items, the talisman, the fork, 1-day jewels, anniversary coins, XP boosts and whatnot this has become a real nightmare.

Can't claim quest rewards, can't claim rewards from Clumsy Snow, can't switch class without wasting time. This is soooo annoying. Please do something about this.

• Like 1

Can you please remove the limit on the number of items in the inventory that are required to be able to claim rewards, switch class etc?????

This is extremely annoying, your event adds soooo many items to the inventory and then it's not possible to claim rewards, switch class etc when need it quick. You even somehow managed to make the Freya's Ice Rose (Event) to take 2 slots in the inventory: 1 from the previous event and the 2nd slot is taken by the item from this event, even thoug they are exactly the same! Oh yeah, in the description of the 1st one it says that it is a dimensional item, but you can't share it via Dimentional Merchant, so not really....

Ugh...

would help alot if there wouldnt bee x different versions of the same item. and this happens aloooooot, 

just an example: the bsoe and the brez we can get from ongoing event doesnt stack up with old items, why????