Serious Game Mechanic issue - Inventory Limit when Switching Class

16 hours ago, Juji said:

We requested last May to change the inventory slot restriction when switching between main and dual class and followed up again in December on a 2nd request regarding weight. The response we received was that the system (weight/inventory restrictions) is working as intended and there were no plans to change it.

Ok, the more I read this, if you are communicating  to some1 that speaks a different main language, if thats the case , it is working as intended, you aren't asking the right question.    your first sentence describes 2 separate things.   and your 2nd sentence could mean don't carry to much ss for weight and buy inventory slots for books for limit.

3 hours ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

Koreans had (or still have) MAIN/DUAL split service thus they don't have the issue of having to go main to do Oly while you grind on dual.

And they can play both chars at the same time on 1 acc? 

I don't really think that is related to our inventory issue. 

Edit: nor is the weight issue really related unless u are a dwarf with passive weight increases. 

The issue is we are allowed to have 180+ inventory slots, but we are forced to be at 93 inventory slots to change main to dual or dual to main. Most people average around 100-120 items in inventory at any given time.

Event items, runes, multiple event pots, all of those count towards this limit. 

The only option people have to swap is open a trade window with an Alt, trade everything in inventory possible to that Alt, swap class, and cancel trade.

If this is "working as intended", the person who decided that clearly doesn't play out region. Nor does Korea have this issue. 

• Like 4

@Juji we are not good with this answers. This has no logic and is madness to keep it as it is. Why NCsoft refuse correct simple mechanics like this? Maybe not ask NCsoft and better demand correction. At least do some simple steps:

1. make all untradable item possible to destroy in trash (this clear a little our warehouses)

2. increase maximal slots in warehouse (for free) or better make warehouse unlimited

3. and for God make swithing option posible on 80% capacity

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uriel831 said:

@Juji we are not good with this answers. This has no logic and is madness to keep it as it is. Why NCsoft refuse correct simple mechanics like this? Maybe not ask NCsoft and better demand correction. At least do some simple steps:

1. make all untradable item possible to destroy in trash (this clear a little our warehouses)

2. increase maximal slots in warehouse (for free) or better make warehouse unlimited

3. and for God make swithing option posible on 80% capacity

Yes, warehouse capacity storage is total trash. 

I had to delete all my spare lvl 2-4 LA vies just for space a few weeks back. I'm sure a trade in option for powers will come now because I did this. 

There should be no limit on warehouse, or keep allowing us to buy upgrades. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

And they can play both chars at the same time on 1 acc? 

I don't really think that is related to our inventory issue.

I meant with it that Naia and Chronos have TONS of people playing on dual class because either their main class is no longer viable (Wynn, Iss, Tank) for PvE/PvP or they got bored of main (reaching a certain level) and focused on dual class. I remember Draecke was doing big campaign to get the Dual->Main service reinstated or do the char split like Korea. So Naia/Chronos have a lot of people having to switch from their grind dual class to main to fight in Oly and farm Mark of Battles.

Also... to just get into the stupidity of inventory; If you have 158 inventory slots and 125 of them are filled with items you cannot receive rewards any more. Castilla NPC will just drop your reward box on the floor. Even if opening up the box it's MAX 4 items and you have 20 slots to spare. Logic does not apply in the world of Lineage II.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

I meant with it that Naia and Chronos have TONS of people playing on dual class because either their main class is no longer viable (Wynn, Iss, Tank) for PvE/PvP or they got bored of main (reaching a certain level) and focused on dual class. I remember Draecke was doing big campaign to get the Dual->Main service reinstated or do the char split like Korea. So Naia/Chronos have a lot of people having to switch from their grind dual class to main to fight in Oly and farm Mark of Battles.

Also... to just get into the stupidity of inventory; If you have 158 inventory slots and 125 of them are filled with items you cannot receive rewards any more. Castilla NPC will just drop your reward box on the floor. Even if opening up the box it's MAX 4 items and you have 20 slots to spare. Logic does not apply in the world of Lineage II.

The dual extraction to a main character would breath some new life into oly, that is for sure. 

Trasnfers, dual to main, etc, that won't ever come here. Just like this bug will never be fixed sadly. 

The Clan Missions will give you 16 total when you get to 105/105... https://www.lineage2.com/news/wild-horizons-patch-notes

Clan Missions

• The clan missions for main/dual class levels 99-120 have been improved:

Clan Mission Title

Level Achieved

Clan Rep

Personal Rep

Rewards

Main Class - Enhance the Basics 1

x1 Rune Stone (non-tradable)

Main Class - Enhance the Basics 2

Main Class - Start of Growth 1

Main Class - Start of Growth 2

Main Class - Start of Growth 3

Main Class - Start of Growth 4

Main Class - Start of Growth 5

X2 Rune Stones (non-tradable)

Dual Class - Enhance the Basics 1

Dual Class - Enhance the Basics 2

Dual Class - Start of Growth 1

Dual Class - Start of Growth 2

Dual Class - Start of Growth 3

Dual Class - Start of Growth 4

Dual Class - Start of Growth 5

x2 Rune Stones (non-tradable)

The skills that can be acquired using the previous tradable Rune Stone can also be acquired using the newly added ‘Rune Stone (non-tradable).’

• For the skills that require x8 Rune Stones, x8 of either the previous or the new Rune Stones can be used.

• The previous and new Rune Stones cannot be mixed.

11 hours ago, SammlerMull said:

The Clan Missions will give you 16 total when you get to 105/105... https://www.lineage2.com/news/wild-horizons-patch-notes

Clan Missions

• The clan missions for main/dual class levels 99-120 have been improved:

Clan Mission Title

Level Achieved

Clan Rep

Personal Rep

Rewards

Main Class - Enhance the Basics 1

Main Class - Enhance the Basics 2

Main Class - Start of Growth 1

Main Class - Start of Growth 2

Main Class - Start of Growth 3

Main Class - Start of Growth 4

Main Class - Start of Growth 5

X2 Rune Stones (non-tradable)

Dual Class - Enhance the Basics 1

Dual Class - Enhance the Basics 2

Dual Class - Start of Growth 1

Dual Class - Start of Growth 2

Dual Class - Start of Growth 3

Dual Class - Start of Growth 4

Dual Class - Start of Growth 5

x2 Rune Stones (non-tradable)

The skills that can be acquired using the previous tradable Rune Stone can also be acquired using the newly added ‘Rune Stone (non-tradable).’

• For the skills that require x8 Rune Stones, x8 of either the previous or the new Rune Stones can be used.

• The previous and new Rune Stones cannot be mixed.

This is like starving, being handed a box of spaghetti, a pot, and no water, thanks but when I need it, it's no good! So I;ll have 16 non-tradeable rune stones in my wh, awesome!!!

2 hours ago, Degus said:

This is like starving, being handed a box of spaghetti, a pot, and no water, thanks but when I need it, it's no good! So I;ll have 16 non-tradeable rune stones in my wh, awesome!!!

More warehouse spam. Just delete them. Or finish the quests to get 2 more. 

10 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

More warehouse spam. Just delete them. Or finish the quests to get 2 more. 

I know, just blows my mind, clan leader bsoe's to grab 2 rune stones from cwh, mails them to me, I bsoe, go claim, jump back, and to my surprise it doesn't work, it's just irritating and unnecessary stress.  Yes, it was printed in the notes, my bad for not seeing/caring at the time, but rather then tell people there is a problem, WTF wouldn't they just fix it ahead of time.  Dumpster they go, thanks for free stress,  at least at work I get paid for it.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Degus said:

Needed 8 runestones to learn my iss new skill, thank you ncsoft for the 6 free ones I earned along the way, but when I bought 2 more from ah, I have 6 + 2 but can't learn skill still, they aren't the same!!!

On 2/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Degus said:

I know, just blows my mind, clan leader bsoe's to grab 2 rune stones from cwh, mails them to me, I bsoe, go claim, jump back, and to my surprise it doesn't work, it's just irritating and unnecessary stress.  Yes, it was printed in the notes, my bad for not seeing/caring at the time, but rather then tell people there is a problem, WTF wouldn't they just fix it ahead of time.  Dumpster they go, thanks for free stress,  at least at work I get paid for it.

next time it will be you got them from PVP wager? or you mugged a Dwarf on Fantasy Isle? ANY Support needs more than 16, and there are skills that only require 4... but sure you are gonna toss them out cause you are having a tantrum.

4 hours ago, voo said:

@juji  just ask nova to get korean ncsoft bosses to fix...they have better connections than you.

Karrigan had a RL friend who was a GM on a game that wasn't L2, but Ncsoft related. They could check ticket statuses on bans, but this was years ago. I'm sure that person still exists along with many other unknown secrets to the L2 community, such as skippy's whereabouts and other things of the sort. 

15 hours ago, SammlerMull said:

next time it will be you got them from PVP wager? or you mugged a Dwarf on Fantasy Isle? ANY Support needs more than 16, and there are skills that only require 4... but sure you are gonna toss them out cause you are having a tantrum.

It was a dual class iss,  and when you paly as long as i, i pull 16 of the 200 in cwh and give to support, these new are trash, sorry if you're not in the same boat, between all my toons I've probably trashed over 100 of those stones.  mehhh

Yeah this needs to be changed asap. I got 10 weapons with rare augments (ooooold ones, and all types from the giant LS).

This and the collectors cloaks, etc. flooded my WH and my inventory.

Also when you are in party and some1 picking up you can not do the "trade" solution, cos the window gets closed every time....

On 2/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, Juji said:

We requested last May to change the inventory slot restriction when switching between main and dual class and followed up again in December on a 2nd request regarding weight. The response we received was that the system (weight/inventory restrictions) is working as intended and there were no plans to change it.

@Juji this is a very weak position by both sides.  Don't report it as a bug, don't ask if it "works as intended", ask for the functionality to be changed because it is hindering players.

Simple solution: change the inventory / warehouse increases from being bound to your class, and bind it to the character instead.  Include that increase to 80% increase.  Also include +inventory slots from equipment (like belts).  Also make it so no-trade items do not count towards the limit.

Simple changes like those should not take more than a few days to code and would save hours of work weekly for most players.  And ultimately you should try to reduce the down time between "fun".

19 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

@Juji this is a very weak position by both sides.  Don't report it as a bug, don't ask if it "works as intended", ask for the functionality to be changed because it is hindering players.

Simple solution: change the inventory / warehouse increases from being bound to your class, and bind it to the character instead.  Include that increase to 80% increase.  Also include +inventory slots from equipment (like belts).  Also make it so no-trade items do not count towards the limit.

Simple changes like those should not take more than a few days to code and would save hours of work weekly for most players.  And ultimately you should try to reduce the down time between "fun".

Kat i am starting to question if @Juji@Himestill actually work on L2?  Juji has not said much since the connections issues started neither has our community manager Hime I kind of taking the position most have and their lack of caring shows in the removal of mentee buff, removal the herb, downgraded IoS again, this obvious bug that exists, the melee lag, server issues, and big one an EVENT THAT NO ONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN not even thought out that they would have to activate the event for everyone to just be eligible but you have to take a castle to even get the chests.  Nothing said if the person has to participate in the siege just be log in when their castle is taken by their clan but i digress I do not think they care if are still putting cash into the game which at this point is becoming fruitless.

• 2 weeks later...

No its more like Juji asked for a kid sample ice cream. (This is a very simple minor coding change could be easily be done)

They said no ice cream for you hung his head and walked away.

@DegusIf you noticed since Dec/Early Jan Juji has been distanced and has taken a more defeated tact on any game changes, as NCSoft Korea will not budge at all to make this game better for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

No its more like Juji asked for a kid sample ice cream. (This is a very simple minor coding change could be easily be done)

They said no ice cream for you hung his head and walked away.

@DegusIf you noticed since Dec/Early Jan Juji has been distanced and has taken a more defeated tact on any game changes, as NCSoft Korea will not budge at all to make this game better for us.

Then he should grow a set and move on, not hurt the experience of all the rest of us.