Jump to content
Forums

My opinion - I think the balance is right!


Recommended Posts

Hey Guys!

Look, i know some of you are, for whatever reason, really unhappy with the state of the game.
I was this way too on launch especially with the nerfed drop rates; but now my opinion on the game has completely changed!

As someone who played on Bartz back in 2004-2006, the game was hard.. really hard, even if you had time to grind it was a slog.
Id just like to say, after taking a month off from classic and coming back, i am really happy with how the game currently is. My personal opinion is that the dev team has struck a great balance between what Lineage 2 was (originally) and what people can commit to. There is still a grind even with pots / scrolls, the drops are plentiful but not assured, the content is fantastic and the community (in game) is great; i always have noob questions and people always willing to answer!

I understand people are going to want to jump in, flame, point out all the issues and that is your prerogative. If you weren't passionate about Lineage 2 to some extent you wouldnt be on the forums (or youre just a troll and thats fine too).

- Tets.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to be mean here but the game was only "hard.. really hard" for you because you were clueless. This isn't an insult because you have to start learning somewhere.

I didn't have trouble because I already had many years of experience with Korean MMORPGS (RO for example) and I already knew what I needed to do when the closed beta started for north America. It also helped that the live servers back then had much better drop rates for everything than what we have currently in this bastardized "classic"...

I was really hoping for the oldschool experience including leveling with my wolf. I knew of course that things like MM SAs weren't going to be added back in.

Sadly that is not what I got :(

EDIT : I ended up on bartz at some point. I can't remember if it was when they merged servers or if when I restarted I changed servers. A lot has happened in the last decade and half since then.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never played l2 other than this classic release. No expectations.

The games I was exposed to were grindy KRMMOs. L2 is brutal and fun for me overall.

Community wise, since L2 is an old game, people seem to be mostly mature compared to current MMOs.

The hypocrisy however leaves me aghast when the topic of P2W gets brought up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think so.
I really liked oldschool quests which gave some shitty adena and really no xp... well I always liked first 20 levels the most... then yesterday I did one "new" quest and got two freakin lvls for nothing... I loved to get that 0.35 % xp per mob and the fact that this would bring me slow but steady adena... now on lvl 13 I have no money because new quests catapulted me from lvl 6 to 12 in seconds.
:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kuba666pl said:

I don't think so.
I really liked oldschool quests which gave some shitty adena and really no xp... well I always liked first 20 levels the most... then yesterday I did one "new" quest and got two freakin lvls for nothing... I loved to get that 0.35 % xp per mob and the fact that this would bring me slow but steady adena... now on lvl 13 I have no money because new quests catapulted me from lvl 6 to 12 in seconds.
:(

What are you talking about? I just leveled up 3 replacement characters and did not experience leveling from 6-12 in seconds.

 

The stuff you get from doing quests is good enough to get you well into your 20s. Along the way you can easily buy a top NG weapon for >250,000 adena from the variety of player shops sitting around. If you're on gludio then well sorry you're probably going to have to buy from the NPC shops. Buy NG shots in Giran as the price is cheapest there (use the warehouse NPC nearby to store extra shots for later). Concentrate on a weapon upgrade as the moonlight knight quest at 25 gives you solid armor you can use into C grade levels. Always do the collection quests where you're grinding. ruins of despair, abandoned camp, and Orc Barracks have collection quests. It's not a huge amount of adena but it's decent over time and will help offset the costs of shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did quest "Noise in the woods" and you know it gave me 70 k xp. That's a LOT. 
I'd say screw these new quests and do only old grind quests but most of these do not exist anymore. :(
Same goes for starter quests like "What women want" in EV. 
Almost all new... that's supposed to be classic? :S

The only way to feel old-style gameplay is to not take those new quests actually.

Edited by kuba666pl
Typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, kuba666pl said:

I did quest "Noise in the woods" and you know it gave me 70 k xp. That's a LOT. 
I'd say screw these new quests and do only old grind quests but most of these do not exist anymore. :(
Same goes for starter quests like "What women want" in EV. 
Almost all new... that's supposed to be classic? :S

The only way to feel old-style gameplay is to not take those new quests actually.

6 to 12 is basically 100k xp. You're exaggerating (you didn't complete the quest chain in "seconds") but I do appreciate you telling me what quest you did.

 

Feeling the old-style gameplay is impossible because drop rates on the classic servers are nerfed compared to the early days of the live server. That's why you have no money relative to where you would of been in the days of old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're being delusional.
I don't think you and I play in the same server or else you'd see how unbalanced this server REALLY is.

They choose to implement an item in the game that boosts your stats like CRAZY once enchanted with proper enchant scrolls up to Lv.3 +10 and after a while they remove it from the store. That was the most unfair move to make in this game. Yes, I'm talking about the pendants and let me tell you, they make gigantic difference.

First of all, you manage to make the game literally P2W, by forcing people to buy those pendants or else you will always be below others who have purchased them.
Second of all, those who started the game after the event's over, are forced to either purchase them for the insane price of 150 million adena or even more, depending on the seller or they accept the fact that they will never, and i mean NEVER defeat someone who has them.

I just became a Lv.40 Elemental Summoner and I asked from a passing through Abyss Walker to backstab me. We were both self-buffed, which means I had shield lv.1 and transfer pain lv.1 on (Transfer Pain lv.1, for those who don't know only gives 10% to the pet. not 50%. You need to level it up to increase the transfer percentage).
That particular dagger had a +12 C grade dagger, Fire Pendant lv.2 +6 or so. My HP is 950ish and my CP 450ish. I died with ONE backstab with the damage of 1800. I laughed so hard at how well they know how to literally destroy a server. I asked him to remove the pendant and backstab me again and the damage, this time, was 1100. I'd say it's due to +12 dagger.

Thing is, if the damage remained 1100, I could live through it later on when my Transfer Pain reaches its maximum level and give me 50% transfer. But the 1800? Jesus, he even one shot me with Deadly Blow =D

Solutions:

1. Remove the damn pendants from the game.
or, if you really want to make this P2W, at least,
2. Implement the pendants to the store again.

So, help me here, cause, I don't see where the hell do you see the "balance", friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Juji

TBH we need more l2 store events, like boxes that can give u epics/oe weapons ETC. 

Already, all the event droped items go instantly to pufa store, so why not just implement more l2store content?

Its a simple trade-off, taking money away from rmt players, and giving it back to the company? I wouldnt mind spending 300-400euro a month on some boxes that I can have a chance to get zaken/baium/oe weapon etc, probably there is more people like me in here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2019 at 9:34 AM, Speciallist said:

@Juji

TBH we need more l2 store events, like boxes that can give u epics/oe weapons ETC. 

Already, all the event droped items go instantly to pufa store, so why not just implement more l2store content?

Its a simple trade-off, taking money away from rmt players, and giving it back to the company? I wouldnt mind spending 300-400euro a month on some boxes that I can have a chance to get zaken/baium/oe weapon etc, probably there is more people like me in here.

Or they could go the way most MMORPGs go and give you the ability to actually get gear from grinding and questing (character bound). Instead of randomly bestowing godlike weapons they could actually reward their playerbase for actually playing the game.

Spending +$400 monthly on a 15 year old game for a small chance at gear.... That's the problem with modern gaming right there. The whales are just outright silly. If you're going to blow that kind of money you can get WAAAAy more out of it if you spent it elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude exactly as you said, its a 15 year old game, hence community is also old. There are no kids playing Lineage, as new MMO's offer much more pleasant gameplay, with bound easy obtainable gear etc.

This game's community is old, and most that stayed here, dont mind throwing $$ for some l2store boxes. ALL those items, are easily obtainable on RMT websites, so why not just put it all in nc store? its better if ppl spend more coins to obtain gear, than spend their money on rmt websites.

Game model is pay2win, no matter what. Without l2store, its pay2win through RMT -> so crying about pay2win for nc coins, is simply not right or its stimulated by RMT players. 

@Juji @Hime People want to give you their money, but we just need some l2store content to do so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, Speciallist said:

Dude exactly as you said, its a 15 year old game, hence community is also old. There are no kids playing Lineage, as new MMO's offer much more pleasant gameplay, with bound easy obtainable gear etc.

This game's community is old, and most that stayed here, dont mind throwing $$ for some l2store boxes. ALL those items, are easily obtainable on RMT websites, so why not just put it all in nc store? its better if ppl spend more coins to obtain gear, than spend their money on rmt websites.

Game model is pay2win, no matter what. Without l2store, its pay2win through RMT -> so crying about pay2win for nc coins, is simply not right or its stimulated by RMT players. 

@Juji @Hime People want to give you their money, but we just need some l2store content to do so!

I wouldn't consider the community members themselves as "old" based on my interactions in game and on the forums. There are only a couple people who still even post on the forums from the older days.

RMT = bannable which you conveniently forgot to mention in your spiel...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...