Best solution to get rid of BOTS

If it is not possible to ban all of them, the solution would be to make PK system as it is in other classic servers. Make it easier to clean, o give less karma points. Make a chance to drop items when dying from mobs. This is the best and easy way to solve problem. Thank you :)

36 minutes ago, meow123 said:

If it is not possible to ban all of them, the solution would be to make PK system as it is in other classic servers. Make it easier to clean, o give less karma points. Make a chance to drop items when dying from mobs. This is the best and easy way to solve problem. Thank you :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA....

You clearly never played live where all that existed AND bots were still all over. At least now you don't have to worry about the bot owners PKing and/or mob training you out of their preferred leveling area. Because in early years of the game that was a pretty common occurrence if you tried to level in a nice area that a bot train was already running or wanted to run..

Your suggestions are bad and things are the way they are now because people were heavily griefing and using exploits against non bots. People get bored messing with bots pretty quickly and end up griefing lowbies instead (you get much better reactions). That's why on the live servers cursed swords inevitably end up being used to kill lowbies...

Also item drop on death made it hard as hell to get a party because everyone was paranoid and refused to invite people they didn't personally know. There's a whole list of reasons but I don't have the time to flesh out the rest. I'm sure if you think about it you;'d understand.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

I have played on more classics then this one, so no need "HAHAHA". Its the first server with so big trouble with bots, and only cause there are no those things i mentioned before. Bot owners pking? They do it still. Now we have no hands to control anything. If dropping items from mob death at random chance would be made, no bot trais would run LOA, no bot trains would run Necropolis and so on, with good stuff on them as it is now. Other way everyone would be pking them or pulling trains on them. They hawe much more to loose then regular players do. Now its otherwise :) low players even cannot farm spellbooks at spots they need to. In all other classics the system is as i mentioned above. Thats how it should work. If you still try to defend it, u are probably one of them :)

45 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Also item drop on death made it hard as hell to get a party because everyone was paranoid and refused to invite people they didn't personally know. There's a whole list of reasons but I don't have the time to flesh out the rest. I'm sure if you think about it you;'d understand.

you made my day with that one :D

7 hours ago, meow123 said:

I have played on more classics then this one, so no need "HAHAHA". Its the first server with so big trouble with bots, and only cause there are no those things i mentioned before. Bot owners pking? They do it still. Now we have no hands to control anything. If dropping items from mob death at random chance would be made, no bot trais would run LOA, no bot trains would run Necropolis and so on, with good stuff on them as it is now. Other way everyone would be pking them or pulling trains on them. They hawe much more to loose then regular players do. Now its otherwise :) low players even cannot farm spellbooks at spots they need to. In all other classics the system is as i mentioned above. Thats how it should work. If you still try to defend it, u are probably one of them :)

I'm going to assume when you say "more classics" that you mean other servers. Well those are other servers located in other areas of the world which have vastly different player bases. Meanwhile I'm comparing current classic to how live here was at that stage of development and with the drops/PK settings you want. I've already told you how that went down and Ncwest agrees with me...

Feel free to move back to one of those "more classics" you have been playing..

I still find it hilarious that you actually believe bot trains wouldn't run....

• 2 weeks later...

Many areas are full of bots. are areas of only passive monsters, could have more aggressive per area because the chance to kill the bot would be higher, jah saw places that the bots die if it appears aggressive.

But it all depends on whether the server really wants to take out the bots.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, SandmanB said:

Many areas are full of bots. are areas of only passive monsters, could have more aggressive per area because the chance to kill the bot would be higher, jah saw places that the bots die if it appears aggressive.

But it all depends on whether the server really wants to take out the bots.

Wow that's so naive. These bots litterly automatically go to town to turn in quests and pick skills while repositioning automatically and you think they can't handle a few aggressive mobs? Even the most basic of "bots" aka macro users can deal with aggressive mobs pretty easily. It does make it hella more annoying for regular players just trying to finish a quest or two....

On 5/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, phono said:

Character Bazaar and Improved coin market, will get ride of bot. Like in eve online.

Holy cow that's a funny statement as whole sections of nullspace is packed with mining bots and anom bots....This is confirmed by CCP themselves in the various bot reports they've released over the years.

Edited by Tool_of_Society