Next Event

@Juji

Next Orianna event or similar ones too it, maybe consider tying the amount of disguises you get to VIP level.

I.e.

VIP 0  - 1 disguise

VIP 1 - 2 disguises

VIP 2/3 - 3 disguises

VIP 4 - 4 disguises

Its only natural in a F2P game you'll have some folks playing dozens of characters trying to game the system. Might as well make them VIP up or only give them one chance a day. I know you all deal with localization issues etc, but its certainly disheartening to myself and others when the same characters win the lottery multiple times.

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Juji

@Hime

To follow up on this suggestion, the population on Giran jumps anywhere from 1500 to over 2000 players during the prime time item raffle (20:00 - 23:59 server time).

So were seeing a HUGE spike in boxes being logged in purely to game the system.

You know what would curb that sort of problem? and(or) generate more VIP income? Permitting VIP players even VIP 1 and up to get disguises. Few people will log on hundreds of characters and pay to VIP 4 them to continue to "game" the system. If they did it would only mean more income win win. Most mains on this server are VIP 3 or 4 anyhow.

1 hour ago, ohfuggle said:

@Juji

@Hime

To follow up on this suggestion, the population on Giran jumps anywhere from 1500 to over 2000 players during the prime time item raffle (20:00 - 23:59 server time).

So were seeing a HUGE spike in boxes being logged in purely to game the system.

You know what would curb that sort of problem? and(or) generate more VIP income? Permitting VIP players even VIP 1 and up to get disguises. Few people will log on hundreds of characters and pay to VIP 4 them to continue to "game" the system. If they did it would only mean more income win win. Most mains on this server are VIP 3 or 4 anyhow.

If someone is logging in "hundreds of characters" it won't matter if it's one or four tries an account because at that point they can just log more over and over. Have you tried to register, setup and log in "hundreds of characters(accounts)"? It's not something you would do manually which means there's automation involved (and a lot of machines). At that point logging over to another set of "hundreds of characters" would just require a little more information being added in beforehand.

Where are you getting the data point of the number of people playing? On giran in my experience when leveling there is always an increase of players in the wee early hours CDT (4am and past). That would be late morning for Europeans and later for those east of Europe. Always felt like an European server based on how the majority of people I meet are located there.

You can easily use: https://l2.laby.fr/status/ to check.

The point of it is restrict non-vip to 1 disguise per day or something similar in the future. They throttled the amount of accounts that can be created per day awhile ago.

You could even make it so non-vip can only bid on reward pool #1 and #3, leaving #2 for "real" players.

21 hours ago, Fuggs said:

You can easily use: https://l2.laby.fr/status/ to check.

The point of it is restrict non-vip to 1 disguise per day or something similar in the future. They throttled the amount of accounts that can be created per day awhile ago.

You could even make it so non-vip can only bid on reward pool #1 and #3, leaving #2 for "real" players.

Yes that shows an unverifiable number updated at an unknown rate with no history or any sort of really useful information. Also according to it right now TI is down...Here's an example of that concept done in a manner that would actually be useful for what you're trying to do with it. https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Regardless there's a thing some people call "prime time" for games/servers which is when the largest number of people are playing and that prime time for giran seems to coincide with Europe's time zones. To leap to the conclusion that it's actually only because some unknown people are logging in hundreds of accounts each to exploit the system is dubious at best.

The point is you missed my point completely. Characters already have to be level 20 to even use the disguises which means automation is definitely involved in anyone doing "hundreds" of accounts. So switching to the number of disguises based on VIP level would have no effect on the cheaters while needlessly screwing over the real players who only have one or two accounts. Since there are "hundreds" of accounts being logged in for this event according to the OP then clearly the "throttle" you speak of isn't working or is made up. So on one hand OP is claiming people are creating hundreds of accounts to exploit the event and on the other hand you're claiming it's impossible because they are throttled. Considering the similarity of your name to the OP I can't help but wonder if you're arguing with yourself at this point.

Certainly this is the first time I've seen someone claim there is a "throttle" on account creation.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Ok so let's break this down so you can understand.

The https://l2.laby.fr/status/ is a simple tool to provide some sort of insight into population swings on any server, its in no way 100% accurate but provides a better view then simple "low" "normal" "heavy".

I've played on Giran extensively for months and the euro time zone begins simmering down after the RB respawn. The population continues to dwindle throughout the evening into the morning. Users log in again around 11 am - Noon. The population drops about one hour after RBs and spikes about 5-6 hours before then. During the event the spike goes from Normal (which is how the population settled for a month+) to Heavy between the three hours the main rewards are available. The "prime" time hour begins one hour before RBs respawn. Based on trends the population shouldn't remain heavy till 1am server time, but with the sheer amount of low level characters being logged on, it does. Prior to this event Giran never hit "heavy" for weeks.

There is no doubt that players are manipulating the current reward system, anyone who denies it clearly hasn't level'd from 1-20 during the event, furthermore for fun I attempted to level a character to 20 using the current reward packs available (free). It took me under 1 hour. Recognizing that with the use of virtual machines and VPNs some users can log in dozens of characters; some most likely log in hundreds. I knew people on Zaken who automated account creation and had hundreds going at anytime, I was in clan with them, I know for a 100% fact its all available out there for the right price. Did you level up from 1-40 on Giran? Lol. There are hundreds and hundreds of automated bots running.

Placing a VIP restriction would limit this abuse, free to play players can still participate, but VIP status limits those who clearly abuse the system. For example there is a guy on Giran who has won 8 items from raffles. You want to call that luck? Let's just say he's naturally trading those items... but not for adena *hint hint*. This is the kind of player who should be limited, or at least forced to pay his fair share.

Now as for the "claim" to throttle account creation, almost every week maintenance goes into account creation. Furthermore they implemented a limit on accounts created per IP before the launch of classic servers like 1.5 years ago, and have tweaked it since. Users complained because naturally the requirements were too stringent and appreciation packs were available for free at the time, yadda yadda, people were trying to make dozens of spare accounts to claim items. Your welcome to dig through the maintenance logs to find the post, but it did happen.

So let's recap..You believe that:

• If a extensive, transparent tool doesn't exist no other source of information can help lend credibility.
  • You don't believe there are people logging in dozens or hundreds of accounts although botting is extensive and a rampant issue all over the place. 
  • Leveling to lv20 with free dual*SLS + runes + 100% boosts etc isn't possible in a VERY short amount of time.
  • Account creation limits aren't in place - Although a major patch occurred on live servers prior to the creation of classic servers.
  • VPNs or virtual machines don't work.
  • Giran's population is always "heavy" from 12am - 2am server, even though prior to this event it didn't hit "heavy" for over a month.

Based on all of this information it becomes clear that you don't know a lot. You're clearly confused and(or) naive to the situation and you definitely have nothing of value to add to the conversation. Why don't you stop diluting other users posts with negativity when what's being asked is clearly in the best interest for the average player who doesn't run more then 3-5 accounts at a time.

That site is a "tool" that has many issues. One issue is that it's clearly unreliable as it will report servers as down that are not down. That shows it's pulling numbers in a very unreliable manner. It also lacks anything resembling a history so it's impossible to see any real trends. You checking in at set times to just look at the number isn't anywhere near good enough to be considered data points. If you had bothered to look at my example you would see why your site is bad at giving "data"...

I've played on Giran since day one so what?

I can log in hundreds of characters but I don't have the tools setup to automate the creation of hundreds of email accounts and the corresponding creation of the character accounts while keeping all that information in a format that is usable to do mass log ins. Neither do you but you'd rather pretend the whole concept is super easy and can be done by anyone. Meanwhile whales which exist in vastly more numbers are using their real life money to gain massive advantages over you in game...

People are getting banned for creating one account and leveling it up too fast in one day. Those are usually temporary bans because it's considered suspicious behaviour. Doing that with "hundreds" of accounts would be noticed. Interestingly I've been leveling up a BD to replace the sorc in my party and I've been seeing very few bots in the process. I got to OB before running RBs to catch up. It's been kind of creepy how few low level bots I've seen.

Those bots I do see aren't using the coin costumes ever. I litterly have a list of names of bots that I would see every day when grinding and never once did they have a costume on. Seems like a waste opportunity to maximize income but the reality is those bots are disposable and spending time to get the quest item to get the costumes is time not well spent in the botter's eyes. There's far better bang for the buck to just head out and bot the usual spots.

There is a guy... I know a guy who has won 20 times with the raffle and he exists just as much as yours!!!

Your tool is not extensive nor transparent. It is decent when it's not getting things completely wrong.

You said hundreds from the start not "dozens". You're moving the goalposts really far at this point.

I never said that leveling one account to 20 manually is difficult or anything of that sort. I simply stated the fact that if someone is able to level hundreds of accounts to 20 then they have heavily automated the full process which means your "solution" would be irrelevant as the person in question already has the tools in place to make "hundreds" more accounts to log in....

I never said vpns or VMs don't work you're just straight up making stuff up all over your last post.

If account limits are in place then there's no problem as people can't create hundreds of accounts on short notice for an event....

Giran has not been heavy at 12-2am cdt. Giran doesn't pick up until much later with heavy being more a 6am and later thing.

Furthermore they implemented a limit on accounts created per IP before the launch of classic servers like 1.5 years ago,

I want to see where this stated by ncwest because limiting accounts based on IP is not practical as vast amounts of people are behind NATs and other things that would cause them to share the same apparent IP as dozens to tens of thousands of other people. It would be child's play for a botter to get around it. But a normal player would be screwed.

EDIT : Holy cow I had no idea I was playing on Giran for a year and half already.. Amazing.

TLDR : If someone is creating hundreds of accounts to game the event then they already have the tools in place to create hundreds more to get around your "solution".

It's interesting how people get so obsessed with screwing over bots that they end up screwing the legit playerbase massively more.

Boy this is too easy,

You know I started replying to all your points, but they make no sense. You have zero data that contradicts my facts outside of your opinions based on some presumption that your experience on Giran permits you in depth knowledge - it doesn't Lol. My previous statements all hold true.

If you correctly read my previous response you'd recognize that I stated adding a VIP requirement wouldn't solve the problem, but it would act as a deterrent to attempt to game the system on such a big scale. If people are going to cheat (and they will) at least recoup some money in the form of required VIP status. Maybe that extra revenue can go into funding better anti-botting measures, GM involvement, and overall better game support. You clearly can't see the forest for the tree's - Hilarious. Additionally, helpful positive feedback is 100% viewed by the staff here. During the last GM event I spoke with Juji one on one and he even passed a message along to a friend. The GM's do listen, they just don't have to implement every single idea nor answer every negative post.

If you're against possible solutions, and provide none of you're own, you're just apart of the problem. Maybe you're one the very people attempting to game the system in some form hence your aversion to an easily implemented solution. The legit player base has VIP status and plays the game by the rules, I've yet to meet anyone around my level (78.77) who doesn't have at least VIP1.

BTW you're welcome to look for the thread concerning the account creation/registration problem but it occurred sometime around the Ukrainian/Russian IP ban quite awhile ago. The entire point of it was to limit folks abusing VPNs botting etc. Clearly it didn't work as at first no one would create any accounts and were missing out on the reward packs. That change was either reverted or continually tweaked as I said. Reading comprehension is important, especially if your goal is to try and derail a thread that's giving substantial and positive feedback.

Edit - Lololol, your post history is riddled with you trying to suggest ideas and having to argue with people who shoot them down. Funny you're doing the SAME thing here. Btw 0% exp loss in pvp is for pu$$ies. Grow a pair.

And this thread is done! Just like the event! Hey maybe I'll run into you in PvP soon, you're definitely the top "tool" on Giran :D

Buh byee

p.s. TY Juji / Hime for taking the top posts of this thread into consideration and continuing to seek solutions to problems instead of just "living" with them!

Edited by ohfuggle
Lol