Baiums Mystery Box Event

Welcome everyone!! 

I want to see how much success you all have with this new event! 

I’m curious if anyone had any luck so far with obtaining +16 or +8 weapons.. 

Please share your high items rewards and experience that you have!

V/R,

Immabe

I bought a pack of boxes and nothing special, I think they should have said what is the chance of each item, these boxes aren't worth it I don't recommend it. If I had known that the chance was so bad I wouldn't have bought anything or I would have bought experience runes directly. I hope NCsoft fix it and give some compesation. I sent a ticket to the support and they told me to create a post to see the response of the community, well this is already created haha.

Edited by Dyaebl

3 hours ago, Dyaebl said:

I bought a pack of boxes and nothing special, I think they should have said what is the chance of each item, these boxes aren't worth it I don't recommend it. If I had known that the chance was so bad I wouldn't have bought anything or I would have bought experience runes directly. I hope NCsoft fix it and give some compesation. I sent a ticket to the support and they told me to create a post to see the response of the community, well this is already created haha.

Sorry man, but there will be no compensation.. I had the same issue with joy boxes event. Bought over 300 boxes and didn’t get the Joy Agathion.. all they will tell you is that there is a chance, it’s not guaranteed and blah blah blah ?

I really hope the US bans the virtual gambling from games like Belgium did.

While government bodies in Belgium and the Netherlands have determined that loot boxes are a form of gambling, commissions in the UK and New Zealand have come to the opposite conclusion. In the US, legislators in several states and the US Senate are looking at the issue, though no legislation has yet been enacted.

Edited by xxbutcherxx

5 minutes ago, xxbutcherxx said:

I really hope the US bans the virtual gambling from games like Belgium did.

While government bodies in Belgium and the Netherlands have determined that loot boxes are a form of gambling, commissions in the UK and New Zealand have come to the opposite conclusion. In the US, legislators in several states and the US Senate are looking at the issue, though no legislation has yet been enacted.

My man, why are bringing this up here? If ppl want to spend $5 or $1000 or more, I think that should be their choice. With this kind of logic you might as well start talking about alcohol and other **** that causes death in our society.. Please don’t deviate from the topic in this discussion. 

5 hours ago, xxbutcherxx said:

400 boxes and nothing special, only got a EWA and some level 6 runes.

And I’m sorry bro you spent that much money and got nothing.. that really sucks. You would think that at least you receive +8 weapon or +16 by spending $400..

8 hours ago, tlracerx3 said:

Purchased 200 and didn't get anything good from it unless you qualify lvl 4 runes as good.

Ehhh sorry bro.. lvl 4 rune you can make it yourself with ease ? it doesn’t come anywhere near to good items.. 

I think that this type of sales are ok, there are thousands of card games that do it and when you are in the game that when you buy a pack of cards,this package can give to you anything. But this is different, or work different from what I expected, I mean 50 boxes for 100 dollars to get a million white potions? I think there is a clear problem in this "event".

1 minute ago, Dyaebl said:

I think that this type of sales are ok, there are thousands of card games that do it and when you are in the game that when you buy a pack of cards,this package can give to you anything. But this is different, or work different from what I expected, I mean 50 boxes for 100 dollars to get a million white potions? I think there is a clear problem in this "event".

I’m with you! Maybe NcSoft can look into this and change the rates, so they won’t lose their income.. because from what ppl are saying at this point it’s not even worth of spending any money on this event because you have 0 chances of winning. We already know that for $400 you get EWA and lvl 6 rune.. it’s a joke. Unless some folks are rich and can spend $10k with ease then maybe this event is for them. 

14 minutes ago, Immabe said:

My man, why are bringing this up here? If ppl want to spend $5 or $1000 or more, I think that should be their choice. With this kind of logic you might as well start talking about alcohol and other **** that causes death in our society.. Please don’t deviate from the topic in this discussion. 

Alcohol.....what?

This has become an issue with developers and this is a good example. They need to force devs to reveal the odds for this kind of crap because nothing is stopping them from putting the odds of all items at .001% except the trash ones which make up the overwhelming majority.

I can't really feel sorry for anyone that bought these though, with the higher dollar amount per box and the fact that there are buff scrolls and heal pots in the reward list, it was easy to tell that this would not be worth investing a dime in. Although it was a nice touch adding the cloth pieces into the drop list, I'm sure people spent a lot of money on these boxes trying to get some of those to unseal their A grade.

It's the same deal with all of their item enchanting events they do on live now except instead of the item you receive being a lottery, whether or not your enchant fails is the lottery(and the enchant success rates on those items are way lower than normal item enchanting).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, best_singer said:

Alcohol.....what?

This has become an issue with developers and this is a good example. They need to force devs to reveal the odds for this kind of crap because nothing is stopping them from putting the odds of all items at .001% except the trash ones which make up the overwhelming majority.

I can't really feel sorry for anyone that bought these though, with the higher dollar amount per box and the fact that there are buff scrolls and heal pots in the reward list, it was easy to tell that this would not be worth investing a dime in. Although it was a nice touch adding the cloth pieces into the drop list, I'm sure people spent a lot of money on these boxes trying to get some of those to unseal their A grade.

It's the same deal with all of their item enchanting events they do on live now except instead of the item you receive being a lottery, whether or not your enchant fails is the lottery(and the enchant success rates on those items are way lower than normal item enchanting).

Consuming alcohol causes a lot of death.. good example is DUIs.  That’s what! ? look up the stats on how many ppl die from this alone and if you gonna start talking about banning and putting restrictions on things, you might as well start with alcohol.. ;) 

thats just one example of many that you can apply this to. 

5 minutes ago, xxbutcherxx said:

I don't think someone would die from buying loot boxes, I don't think alcohol has anything to do with this.

Ahhh I was being a little bit sarcastic, but when you are talking about bringing the government into this, you might as well start somewhere that really affect ppl. 

Edited by Immabe

I spent over 4k NCcoin got garbage you can get off a vend and a 2hr rune. Know a few people dropped several hundred and got dk as well.

Edited by Reign

Makes me sad :(

I seriously feel like we are in some Psych experiment to study how long a group of nostalgic people are willing to put up with abuse.

Not only do these boxes cheapen the "holiness" of over-enchanted weapons (used to take guts and determination to achieve), the boxes also insult the 'gamblers' intelligence with useless and cryptic information like 'VERY LOW'.    

Seriously?!

Is the community supposed to actually determine the hard numbers behind "VERY LOW"? Should I buy 1000 boxes on 10 separate accounts and start calculating the odds for the l2wiki page!? Probably still wouldn't get +16's :)