Forums

Getting extremely discouraged

Farming spellbooks is already difficult, only made more difficult by the sheer amount of bots farming in Ivory Tower and Sea of Spores. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I went to a farming area and saw a live player. I can maybe get an hour of farming in at Ivory Tower around 2AM MST before it gets completely flooded by bots. Some of the bots are "okay" because as soon as you tag the mob the bot will turn away. The biggest issue, however, are the aggressive bots that will actively attempt to steal the kill from you by either one shotting it because they're, of course, a summoner bot, or they just overwhelm your mob with a train of bots. It is absolutely abhorrent that NCSoft does next to nothing to fix this issue. NCSoft may as well remove the placebo button -- oops -- I mean the report bot button, because it does nothing. I have reported the same bots for days on end and they are still out there farming 24/7. 

Talking Island server needs to be purged. I recently watched a video on YouTube from someone farming Ivory Tower on the Gludio server and it blew my mind how there wasn't a single bot in sight. 

I love Lineage 2. I always have and I always will. But playing on the retail servers is getting less and less appealing by the minute.

Edited by Yummydain

The report button works but it only applies a debuff for an hour if enough people report the character. Your reports only count as one so that's why it seems to do nothing even if you report daily. What you should do is take screenshots and file a ticket to report the bots to customer support directly.

Frankly spellbooks should drop in far more places and/or at a much higher rate. It's silly how perfectly the system is setup for botters to exploit for adena farming.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

2 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The report button works but it only applies a debuff for an hour if enough people report the character. Your reports only count as one so that's why it seems to do nothing even if you report daily. What you should do is take screenshots and file a ticket to report the bots to customer support directly.

Frankly spellbooks should drop in far more places and/or at a much higher rate. It's silly how perfectly the system is setup for botters to exploit for adena farming.

I like to call it the placebo button because like you said, you need a lot of people to report the bots for it to do anything. With how many people are botting, there's not enough real people to report the same account. This is even more difficult if they are running a bot train... How do you know that the 3-4 real people that pass by them are all reporting the same character? Very unlikely. You're right, I could take screenshots, videos, do all of that and send it to support, but I shouldn't have to in the first place.

I don't mind farming for spellbooks for days on end, but having to compete with an army of bots that KS you and take all of the spawns is just ridiculous.

Sendin tickets with pictures. 
Devs have came onto TI and did mass bans of bot trains, and things went nice for 1-2days, before the bot fest returned. :/

Edited by Mishi

On 5/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, Yummydain said:

I like to call it the placebo button because like you said, you need a lot of people to report the bots for it to do anything. With how many people are botting, there's not enough real people to report the same account. This is even more difficult if they are running a bot train... How do you know that the 3-4 real people that pass by them are all reporting the same character? Very unlikely. You're right, I could take screenshots, videos, do all of that and send it to support, but I shouldn't have to in the first place.

I don't mind farming for spellbooks for days on end, but having to compete with an army of bots that KS you and take all of the spawns is just ridiculous.

I multibox because that's what I find fun in games. In the first few months on my server I averaged 1 captcha a day with my group. I wasn't even farming that hardcore or anything. Just running around with my "train" was enough to get reported (and yelled at). Now I can run anywhere and people don't even bother. It's entirely possible that I'm just running past bots these days so there's no one there to care.   I dunno.

As for the spellbooks that's why I suggested a possible fix of having more areas drop them so at least you can maybe find a spot to farm? God doing ivory tower for my second job quests was just a nightmare on some of the characters. I had to straight up use my PR's bow on my orc shaman (and some others) as I was doing it's second class transfer quests (WC) because the pony bots were just destroying the quest mobs.

I totally agree with you and this topic. These BOTS are disgusting and in my opinion nobody does anything about it. I never seen any GM online true the /gmlist. It´s very sad, because these BOTs realy ruining this server. You can´t do nothing, you cant grind, you can´t farm spellbooks. I bought some NCoins in hope of hard grinding like in oldtime, but not in this server. PLS do something and BAN them all.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:21 AM, Tool_of_Society said:

I multibox because that's what I find fun in games. In the first few months on my server I averaged 1 captcha a day with my group. I wasn't even farming that hardcore or anything. Just running around with my "train" was enough to get reported (and yelled at). Now I can run anywhere and people don't even bother. It's entirely possible that I'm just running past bots these days so there's no one there to care.   I dunno.

As for the spellbooks that's why I suggested a possible fix of having more areas drop them so at least you can maybe find a spot to farm? God doing ivory tower for my second job quests was just a nightmare on some of the characters. I had to straight up use my PR's bow on my orc shaman (and some others) as I was doing it's second class transfer quests (WC) because the pony bots were just destroying the quest mobs.

Well they just removed the bot report button in the update tomorrow. I guess I got what I wanted..?

• Haha 1