What to Upgrade next?

PinkFloyd

Im a lvl 101 PK Tank.. 

I have +8 Bloody Armor and a +10 1h sword with just Health..  SO my question is, Should i shoot for +10 Armor ( would be a wile before i can make it bloody/dark, i can work on that ) Or make my Sword Bloody so it gets a big boost?

in my experience as tank bloody weapond is worth only for the bonus hp, but not a great damage factor, i will go for the 20% p def bonus +9 +10 that you will need for elven for example and try a bloody or dark weapon after 103.. 104  but! bloody +8 heavy have better defense that a +10 hvy no blessed

could be better buy bloody parts +10 one by one? and add it to your current +8 armor

what i did in your situation is dual iss and bloody duals, to use the same armor and try to make some damage (exalted tiara ruby red cat eye, augment weapons etc) 

as tank you will not have problem to lvl up after 101 a good tank have plenty invitations to partys , and you can do your factions as iss

ofc if you have money for another armor (light) go for a diferent dual, heavy amor iss trying to do damage is for poor people like me 

Honestly, Sell the +10 sword with health, get a 2 or 3 SA Apoc, health/health/health weapon, use the remaining adena to start purchasing your +10 armor set. Damage output on tank isn't important at all if you have it set up to tank, any DD should and will out damage you by 10x 99% of the time with your gear.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, PinkFloyd said:

Im a lvl 101 PK Tank.. 

I have +8 Bloody Armor and a +10 1h sword with just Health..  SO my question is, Should i shoot for +10 Armor ( would be a wile before i can make it bloody/dark, i can work on that ) Or make my Sword Bloody so it gets a big boost?

Hi. Your goal?
Like already say a +8 bloody is better than a +10 normal / blessed or dark set for pve.  So if your goal is PVE the logic tell that  you should buy pieces to eventually get +10 bloody wihout loosing bloody bonus.....

On your sword... you have 3x HP SA and you seek bloody to add the 4th one? or you just have 1 SA only? if you have 1 sa only first fix that ASAP and put second and mystic SA. 

On my perspective, i think a +8 bloody and a +8 dark are enought to enjoy all game content.. with some perifericals ofc.. 

+8 bloody is enough for elven.... even on a +8 bless will be fine. For elven you need lvl, at least 103. 

So first tell us your goal, then ppl can add more things that add value to you.

Cheers.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, PinkFloyd said:

Im a lvl 101 PK Tank.. 

When I was where you are right now i made the reverse from pvp toon to pve toon.

My choice was ... i don't want to place a mortcage on my house so i'll keep upgrading my toon even if it will take 10 years :D

As someone already said go for

1) blessed apo +12 with at least 2 hp sas (you don't need an r99 +10 to do dmg cuz you aren't a dd and you will never be a dd)

2) +10 armor (yes i know +8 bloody is far way better but

- when it will be the time to resell that +8 bloody you will have to sit in town for like 6 months

- your final armor will be a +10, at least)

3) get all the jewels lvl 3, pvp and pve

4) grab a ferios cloack +7, at least

5) grab a noble circlet of grace +5, at least

When you will be 103-104 you will have to think to the next step.

So

- blessed apo +12 2hp sas = 7 to 9 b

- +10 r99 hv armor = 40b

- all jewels lvl 3= 2.5b x jewel

- noble circlet of grace +5= 10b

- ferios +7= ? (don't remember the price since tha last one i saw on naia was like 70b while on chronos it was 7b :D)

With 100b you should be ready to go. When you will be 103-104 you will have the time to think to the next upgrades.

About the dual ... many don't think at all about it.

You're going in the right direction save money using the same armor on both main and dual

Now just think about it. Which class can allow you to use

- same armor and

- same weapon

untill you will be 104?

:D

Edit: about elven exp parties. Personally i won't suggest to go there untill 104 but i understand 99% of the players in here are in a desperate run vs the top dogs even if they will never be able to catch up with them. If you want desperately to be 104 with an elven xp party pm missula on naia or some random ms scumbag on chronos. 103-104 in a few hours. Have fun.

7 hours ago, Quitted said:

1) blessed apo +12 with at least 2 hp sas (you don't need an r99 +10 to do dmg cuz you aren't a dd and you will never be a dd)

random ms scumbag on chronos. - the guy is so sore lol

What is the point of +12 bless apoc, if you already said that you will not be dealing any damage. 

Non-oe regular apoc, even requiem will give same hp bonuses, with under 1b costs. 

To author, 101 PK with +8 bloody armor set definitely can tank in Eleven Village (not the hard spots obvi), but you will have to actually play - kite, root, push, pull, spam raise shield/cubic etc. - can get to lvl 103 in a matter of days there. 

If I were you, I would sell bless +10 r99, buy apoc(or +4 r99 blessed, if you want to upgrade it later) 2sa, and work on getting +10 armor. Although, like Irulmir already said, +8 bloody armor is pretty much enough for any pve aspect of the game with appropriate lvl. 

25 minutes ago, MKULTRA said:

What is the point of +12 bless apoc, if you already said that you will not be dealing any damage. 

Non-oe regular apoc, even requiem will give same hp bonuses, with under 1b costs.

I said +12 bless apo for 3 main reasons

1) there's a lit bit of a mistundestanding about tanks. You said tanks don't do any damage i said tank isn't a damage dealer

If a tank doesn't do any damage why equip it with a sword ? why give to him several sword based skills?

A tank is supposed to do some sort of damage not as much as a dd. +12 blessed apo does more dmg than a +12 blessed requiem

2) cost of the 2 sas in terms of rgems

3) don't never ever underestimate the power of "link your weapon please"

even if you are in dh naia or nova chronos you will find at lvl 101 a lot of crackheads who will say that.

Last but not least reaching lvl 103 with random parties is a nightmare.

The gear i've listed above is the minimum to join a decent cp, not for sure a top dog one, but a decent one.

As for the lore i was only self promoting missula's pwling service :D

7 minutes ago, Quitted said:

I said +12 bless apo for 3 main reasons

1) there's a lit bit of a mistundestanding about tanks. You said tanks don't do any damage i said tank isn't a damage dealer

If a tank doesn't do any damage why equip it with a sword ? why give to him several sword based skills?

A tank is supposed to do some sort of damage not as much as a dd. +12 blessed apo does more dmg than a +12 blessed requiem

2) cost of the 2 sas in terms of rgems

3) don't never ever underestimate the power of "link your weapon please"

even if you are in dh naia or nova chronos you will find at lvl 101 a lot of crackheads who will say that.

Last but not least reaching lvl 103 with random parties is a nightmare.

The gear i've listed above is the minimum to join a decent cp, not for sure a top dog one, but a decent one.

As for the lore i was only self promoting missula's pwling service :D

Your +12 bless apoc will deal extra 200-500 dmg to a millions hp mobs. Tanks equip weapon to get hp bonus and use skills,and ALL of your offensive skills are either debuffs or disables, not damage dealing. In pve, both tanks with +4 apoc and +16 bloody/dark cutter/avenger will have pretty much the same impact (unless OE affects the land-rate of debuffs, not sure about that). In mass pvp you might need to have bloody/dark with 3 sa, but again, not for dmg, so impact of +4 bloody weapon is almost same as +16 dark. 

Regarding "link weapon", dude if somebody is not satisfied with your weapon, while it has hp set-up, you better not party with them yourself. 

Hi. I honestly think, sell your weapon, get a apoc or specter weapon( blessed or not) stack 3 health s.a.. set your ap for pdef/mdef. Set your dual skills to pdef mdef/ . Save for a +10 set or build your set to 10. Get a anakim tailismen, and at least a longing. Get a venirs lvl 11 at least. Get the AF tailisman to +10. Then work towards a blessed anthy. U should build in that order. Then start getting the small shit. (Brooch jewels at least lvl 3. Diamond first). Tanks r suppose to cc in pve, interupt and cc in pvp. So in my opinion this is the start for ya. If u planning to pvp this setup should be different depending on gear. Weapon on a tank really isnt important, unless u got gear like draeke but most tanks dont. See i see peeps trying muti combos of builds. And i see tanks die constantly. Especially in pvp. I say build your tank to be a complete wall. No gim8cs or shortcuts. Make him the most defencive u can get him. Be8ng a PK is a decent start (personally i think the ET is more defensive). So build to his powers. Hes heavy pdef. Then build heavy pdef and throw in mdef. In turn melee/archers wont do great damage to u at all. But mages will. So u spam your frenzy everytime its up and focus shield. ( or whiever one is the mdef one). If u have evas rune and blessed frint u can keep it up all the time. U should be rock solid once u hit 103 and able to tank everything in game. (I am Katrise in game. Pm on chronos if u wanna test builds)

• 2 months later...

Norbit, Aka Kitrise... hehe

Ive been busy with my tank.. I have +10 Bloody now.. love it.. 

The question that i have is.. With skills and AP

Skills i went

Vanish Stun +12 Hex

Shield Charge +10 Power

Shield impact +10 chance

Is that right for those skills or is there a better choice for PvP?

With AP...

Im going all Defense, brick wall build..

If you put 2 points into "Guardians Tunic Defense" you open up "Guardians Armor" for the 12% P.Def...

But doing that you waist 2 points.. then i cant take "Guardians Death Shield" and "Guardians Force Shield".

Is it worth not taking and wasting the 2 points for +12% P.Def? Or does the 2 skills at lvl2 much better for survival?

What i currently have in AP knight tree is..

3   1   3   1

2   0   0   0

4   1   0   0

2   2   0   0

Thank you in advance for any suggestions:)

6 hours ago, PinkFloyd said:

Norbit, Aka Kitrise... hehe

Ive been busy with my tank.. I have +10 Bloody now.. love it.. 

The question that i have is.. With skills and AP

Skills i went

Vanish Stun +12 Hex

Shield Charge +10 Power

Shield impact +10 chance

Is that right for those skills or is there a better choice for PvP?

With AP...

Im going all Defense, brick wall build..

If you put 2 points into "Guardians Tunic Defense" you open up "Guardians Armor" for the 12% P.Def...

But doing that you waist 2 points.. then i cant take "Guardians Death Shield" and "Guardians Force Shield".

Is it worth not taking and wasting the 2 points for +12% P.Def? Or does the 2 skills at lvl2 much better for survival?

What i currently have in AP knight tree is..

3   1   3   1

2   0   0   0

4   1   0   0

2   2   0   0

Thank you in advance for any suggestions:)

I take no hp nor mdef in my ap build. And my skills r enchanted for chance in pvp. Especially the one that silences. Very important for chance in pvp. Remember i build based off my gear and so on. But in pvp hp is the least important upgrade. I build my tank to fight dragon weapons and thw bows hurt. So u build straight pdef. The way i check my tank is if when full buffed with knights and rose barrier and con stew i am at 37k pdef, 20k mdef, and 112k hp then i am fine. M def isnt that important at the time also. Not too many mages hit that hard now. Zu, morpheous, jager and maybe 1 other that hits hard. Especially when skilled. Pepi use to be in this catagory but for some reason he doesnt hit as hard anymore. So figure....i run frenzy on cd, and also focus shield ( or whichever 9ne is for mdef) so 85% of the time my mdef is 40k+. As long as element is decent its enpugh. Also consider im only 104 and only have lvl 3 jewels. Nothing above 3. So i have to build this way to survive. Maybe if my jewels get better ( brooch jewels) i may change a few things but never will change rhe pdef build. With the current state of tanks it works wonders. Yes its definatly worth losing the 2 points in my opinion. Most people disagree with how i build my tank but man i run around solo without a healer. If people come to gank majority of the time i have plenty of time to react.  In most cases fight and hold up long enough for a clanny dd to come back me or some give up oncw they realize im not gonna die lol. Hope this helps. Congratz on the gear upgrade and lvl. 

13 minutes ago, PinkFloyd said:

That sounds good.. :) Now if i decided to go 100% PVE brick wall, a tank for high lvl instances and such.. would these same rules apply ? And how, if at all would it effect the Gems used and skill enchant paths?

There are currently no high level instances that you can't stand up easily with your current gear. The only place that might be able to give you a run for your money is Elven Village but with the right tank/healer combo that place really isn't that hard either.

+11 1h R99 Sword Bloody, 3 SA's  HP/Speed,HP/HP

+10 Bloody Heavy

LvL 1 Abundance, Longing, Anakim, Viner lvl 11, 

lvl 3 diamond, lvl4 ruby, lvl 3 topaz

+5% p.def hat

So if i switch to the p.def in the AP points.. I lose 20k HP but gain 1640 P.Def..  Still worth it?  with the p.def ap setup and standard ISS buffs i have 90k HP.. Thats cool?

theres archers.. healers.. daggers that are more tanky than a tank... and cant reach 90k hp.... why? bc high defense.... elemental defense.... u can have 150k hp.. but 1 archer can hit u for 200k if u dont have a good defense... if u have 90k hp and good defense.. u will being hit for 30k... thats the logic. some tanks can go for full hp... bc have full items... bless anthy insanity +10 set greater opal greater diaomind... seven signs etc... hp should come from ur dyes and items...not from ur ap or dual skills...

Now with the Dual class skills.. i went P.Def/M.Def and 24% HP.. I did look at the "Dual – Light of Protection"

but its a chance skill when being hit.. I figured that the HP was better than a "chance skill"..  What do ya think?

Im set to pvp. So every skill for menis chance. And as far as jewels go i run diamond, pearl, obsidian, topaz, and tanzanite. All lvl 3's

On 6/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, PinkFloyd said:

I also wanted to ask.. 

I have my chain pull "Chain Strike" at +11 for Distance..  Should i change it too Chance?

I also plain on running with, Diamond, Emerald, and a Garnet.. Is that fine for Gems?

On 6/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, PinkFloyd said:

Now with the Dual class skills.. i went P.Def/M.Def and 24% HP.. I did look at the "Dual – Light of Protection"

but its a chance skill when being hit.. I figured that the HP was better than a "chance skill"..  What do ya think?

I went no hp at all. But also consider gear n such. If hp works for u stay. I didnt work for me at all. I went completely mdef and pdef. I did take dual light of protection for a while. Its awesome in mass pvp but doesnt help elsewhere. Let me rephrase that, its not always up when u need it to be. So i figured +15% pdef or whatever the number is over the chance of 40%. When the 40% goes off its ver nice but its not often like it use to be. So i let that go. But PERSONALLY if it was a choice between hp and that skill i would have taken dual light of protection. Cause contrary to popular belief,  hp isnt as important on tank as u think. Damage reduction and elemental defence r priority., then pdef mdef, then cool downs, then lastly hp. But again i say this is gear dependant. My hp when fully buffed with rise barrier and con stew is 114k. On seiges it goes up to 150k with valiant and pow. Thats the only time im at 150k. I took hp on weapon and con tats only for hp.

Archived