Live Server Update: Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Cyan

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 5 a.m. PDT /  7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 1400 GMT+2 will be unavailable for approximately 8 hours

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance, migration, and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Fafurion update will go live.
  • Oriana’s Lucky Draw event will end and all event related items will be removed.
  • The 15th Anniversary Server Boost settings and Dance Cats will be no longer be available.
  • Circlets of Power and 15th Anniversary Veteran Rewards will be removed from the L2 Store.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

P.S. Hime is working on the patch note so I posted this maintenance notice for her!

• Cyan pinned this topic
14 minutes ago, EveningStar said:

The night before a major update and no patch notes. Again.
Wish I could say I'm surprised, guys, I really, really do...

Where in the world would this be considered professionalism?

Posting server maintenance without the patch notes is insulting to say the least but from the experience we all have so far we've come not to expect any better. At least this way is better than releasing preliminary patch notes that might lead to loss of adena as it has happened before in the past

37 minutes ago, Rachmaninoff said:

Posting server maintenance without the patch notes is insulting to say the least

Insulting?

They wrote already they'd be working on the notes, that should be enough. It doesn't matter if some forum troll accounts find it "insulting".

Seriously, if something like this insults you, you have way bigger problems and should seek help :D

1 minute ago, andikaze said:

Insulting?

They wrote already they'd be working on the notes, that should be enough. It doesn't matter if some forum troll accounts find it "insulting".

Seriously, if something like this insults you, you have way bigger problems and should seek help :D

The insult is the fact that they haven't posted the patch notes and it is already 7:30pm PST.

We are hours away from the update being released and they are unable to even release the patch notes at a decent time. It is irritating to say the least the level of professionalism that does not exist and lack of willingness to provide timely updates.

Just now, LightRider said:

The insult is the fact that they haven't posted the patch notes and it is already 7:30pm PST.

We are hours away from the update being released and they are unable to even release the patch notes at a decent time. It is irritating to say the least the level of professionalism that does not exist and lack of willingness to provide timely updates.

It doesn't matter if it's hours apart from the update. They post them when they're ready, and they stated already they're working on it. Don't be that impatient forum child. And especially, don't feel "insulted", because that opens you up to some serious hurt the real world will inflict on you ;)

Just now, andikaze said:

It doesn't matter if it's hours apart from the update. They post them when they're ready, and they stated already they're working on it. Don't be that impatient forum child. And especially, don't feel "insulted", because that opens you up to some serious hurt the real world will inflict on you ;)

I don't think you understand how bad it is now. I remember back in the day they would have patch notes posted and a public test realm a month or two before the actual update came out. What was wonderful is the GMs would be active and available to feedback and also held events in the game on the PTR to interact with their player base.

It is hard for one to settle for what is happening now from the treasures and glory I have once seen from this company.

• Like 2

It's a 15 year old game, receiving hand me down updates from Korea, lagging years behind, every few years. There's a skeleton crew of a handful guys sitting at West, trying to scramble the stuff together and keeping the servers smooth. I don't think telling them you find it "insulting" or "unprofessional", or venting in general, will make it any better.

You will have all that glory back when (if) Lineage 3 comes out. Lineage 2 is not worth the investment. Be glad they get it all done at all.

2 minutes ago, andikaze said:

It's a 15 year old game, receiving hand me down updates from Korea, lagging years behind, every few years. There's a skeleton crew of a handful guys sitting at West, trying to scramble the stuff together and keeping the servers smooth. I don't think telling them you find it "insulting" or "unprofessional", or venting in general, will make it any better.

You will have all that glory back when (if) Lineage 3 comes out. Lineage 2 is not worth the investment. Be glad they get it all done at all.

That is the difference between you and I.

It seems you will settle for crappy customer service when I expect consistency and to be informed in a timely manor.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

You need to see the reality of things. Sticking your head in the sand, ignoring it all, is not going to help you, and it's a spiral - you'll get angrier every lap.

Venting about it on the forums makes you look like that Rachmaninoff guy, created an account just to troll the thread ... pathetic. You sure you want to be put in the same category as him?

• Like 1

Not going to go in to an insulting spree with you. Just to clarify, in my personal opinion is not the GM's luck of trying. I am sure they are trying their best with the resources they have. However is it an understatement when I say that the result feels unprofessional? Again, not gonna answer to any further insults from you but in my professional life I always deliver what I promise on time and up to the expectations to the end customer. This account is not new btw...thanks

• Like 3

The most Problem for myself is not that there is still no Patchnotes. Its for me the Problem there is no Info about it coming from NC (i call it NC cause dont wanna call out names).

What i learned from my Job: Talk with the Customers, give Infos to Customers and the customer will be excited.

If u ask something (whatever it is) 95% of questions there is no comment or answer from the NC Side.

Im excited for fafurion even if i dont know what i have to expect...im more excited about "there will be a difference"

Greets from Germany

1 hour ago, andikaze said:

nope, if you as a game master, administrator or whatever you are, if you say "next week we post the patchnote", then change this to "on 14th" and then again nothing theres a problem. we are not talking about a minor maintenance of the server, we are talking about a BIG UPDATE, BIG CHANGES and releasing the patchnote some hours after the update, you make ppl angry cause they cant prepare for the new things or some ppl who dont read the forum,, never understand for ex the new guild system or why ppl lvl 40 are wearing R grade set instead of C grade, or why exalted quest change so much when you are stuck on DIM raids for exp...
btw if you compared real life with a forum of a game, you are the one with serious problems

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GoogleRU said:

Stay tuned for a more in-depth look at what’s coming with the update when the Lineage II: Fafurion patch notes arrive on May 14!

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

P.S. Hime is working on the patch note so I posted this maintenance notice for her!

It's already the 15th... If they are still "working" on the patch notes it means they didnt do their job in the 1st place... 

And probably the patch notes will be done like last time.. just a collection of all the small note they received on 1 big pdf with a google translation, nothing put in order.

If it was a new paid event we will have tons of info about it.. thats all they care for $

PS:because of the last sentance my post will be a 99.99% delete and i might get an account suspension as well, if not banned all together :)

Edited by Irub
  • Like 1

It's now officially the day of the patch (2am for me, 1am est, and midnight cst) and still no patch notes.
Good thing we were supposed to get them the 14th. :D

I've never been one for posting on the forums (as evidenced by the fact this is my second post in 14 years), but this is honestly just abysmal.

i am so grateful for the Fafurion Update, i ll wait for the patch notes. Thanks Hime, Cyan and the rest of the team. Hurry up for the notes pls ! :D i really impatientttt

Always i appreciate your Work, Thanks!

• Thanks 1