None of you remember real classic

I created my main account with an open beta key in April of 2003. Let's see what we can remember.

C1-

Instant cast 100% land rate sleep and other debuffs, damage doesn't break sleep.

LE archer too fast to catch

C2- 

Dagger skills completely ignore pdef, 1 shot everyone.

Healers don't flag while healing flagged people.

C3-

Cancel removes every buff

Aura flare spam 2 shots everyone

C4-

Focus Drac bow completely ruins the game when combined with CoV and baium/aq crit damage increase. Crit everyone for 8k damage with a bow normal attack.

Necro paralyze has 100% land rate, instant cast, 30second duration. nuff said

hero bow doesnt have focus and cancel sticks lol

C5-

Nerf the shit out of mages even more cause you can stack every resistance buff to get 90%+ elemental resist. I was permanent sorc hero at the time so I was very salty about this.

IL -

Add augments and mages can now get 100% mcrit rate with passive wild magic and valakas. Watch some videos of that Teon hero SH from X alliance mcritting archers for 300 damage with 100% mcrit rate due to elemental resistance stacking.

CT1 -

add Vortex busters and element, thereby bypassing the resistance crap and mages with 100% mcrit rate now hit everyone for 20k damage 100% of the time.

Added seal of blockade making everyone else completely worthless 100% of the time.

None of you remember this?

Edited by Soxy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I vividly remember my SPS PVP consisting of sleep nuke sleep nuke because sleep would break on damage during c2.  I played a de assasin in closed and open beta bot I quit when the server went live because the game wasn't ready yet. So I basically missed C1.

I remember. These were fun times. This was when skill & knowledge of game mechanics mattered. I was competing with maxed level heroes, equiped with the best gear. My low level nuker & summoner, equiped with mediocre gear, were winning on Hindemith. I could've easily been a permanent hero but I was too busy clubbing & partying with girls back then. I barely played 3-5 hours per week.

Not this pay2win platform of today. I see so many unskilled high level players with top gear & not knowing anything about their class, strategy or the game. It's all about how much you're willing to spend now.¬¬

I sure had fun back in the day with my spellsinger.

Also that thing they call Clan Parties killed the game. Damn how much I hate when kids put a title with their CP name.

Still.. it was way better than this s*** . Last week Sieges were a joke, no guard npcs ?   Wtf?¿

1 hour ago, Pelli said:

I sure had fun back in the day with my spellsinger.

Also that thing they call Clan Parties killed the game. Damn how much I hate when kids put a title with their CP name.

Still.. it was way better than this s*** . Last week Sieges were a joke, no guard npcs ?   Wtf?¿

Constant parties are a Teon thing, and it's a community killer. 

I remember when you actually had to hunt and kill things to progress in the game, I remember events that were built to make it FUN to play the game, not to let few become instant gods, I remember active parties and people always needing more, working together for a goal not trying to pk or kill others just because they were there. I remember a working economy and working adena rates, spoil rates, drop rates. Not to mention balanced pvp for the most part. 

When classic was first announced, I was looking forward to it. The old style game, (nothing changed) with the new UI, It seemed to good to be true, and I hoped that they would stretch it out over years like they did c1-Interlude. But we got this.. and it isn't even lineage. It's nothing like old lineage, which makes me sad to see it go.

Edited by Klyn

21 minutes ago, Klyn said:

I remember when you actually had to hunt and kill things to progress in the game, I remember events that were built to make it FUN to play the game, not to let few become instant gods, I remember active parties and people always needing more, working together for a goal not trying to pk or kill others just because they were there. I remember a working economy and working adena rates, spoil rates, drop rates. Not to mention balanced pvp for the most part. 

When classic was first announced, I was looking forward to it. The old style game, (nothing changed) with the new UI, It seemed to good to be true, and I hoped that they would stretch it out over years like they did c1-Interlude. But we got this.. and it isn't even lineage. It's nothing like old lineage, which makes me sad to see it go.

On the topic of adena rates, I think we have it much better than we did before (Mainly due to the events though). I started back in C2, and I still actually have the C3 and C4 souvenirs on the live servers to show for that. I remember having to farm in the perfect spots just to break even to afford soulshots to continue farming. I would find maybe 5 items from 1-40? I couldn't ever dream of affording D grade so I had to borrow a manticore set and a mithril dagger from a friend who bought adena. I had to do the same thing for C, B, but at level 64 I was finally able to buy A grade. This is because I couldn't afford to buy any of the previous grade items. Actually using the gatekeeper was rare, now everyone uses it as much as humanly possible. Porting was expensive as hell so you'd have to run more than halfway to the next city and then SOE. Now every single one of my toons are decked out in top D and C. I couldn't even imagine having accounts with this much gear back then...

I think this community is too used to illegal servers and no real adena or item issues from live servers. I agree that the adena rate needs to be boosted SOMEWHAT, because as it is I can't even break even on shots. Porting should always be a luxury.

46 minutes ago, Yummydain said:

On the topic of adena rates, I think we have it much better than we did before (Mainly due to the events though). I started back in C2, and I still actually have the C3 and C4 souvenirs on the live servers to show for that. I remember having to farm in the perfect spots just to break even to afford soulshots to continue farming. I would find maybe 5 items from 1-40? I couldn't ever dream of affording D grade so I had to borrow a manticore set and a mithril dagger from a friend who bought adena. I had to do the same thing for C, B, but at level 64 I was finally able to buy A grade. This is because I couldn't afford to buy any of the previous grade items. Actually using the gatekeeper was rare, now everyone uses it as much as humanly possible. Porting was expensive as hell so you'd have to run more than halfway to the next city and then SOE. Now every single one of my toons are decked out in top D and C. I couldn't even imagine having accounts with this much gear back then...

I think this community is too used to illegal servers and no real adena or item issues from live servers. I agree that the adena rate needs to be boosted SOMEWHAT, because as it is I can't even break even on shots. Porting should always be a luxury.

Probably because you were new to the game and thus didn't have everything optimized from day one. By that point in the server's life (C4)I was playing 4 accounts. I made adena every-time I headed out while using shots. In the closed and open betas I played one account and I had a top NG weapon just before 20 and I used shots. I was already well informed on the game and how korean mmorpgs worked in general so I had an advantage going into the game.

I did do a lot of run then SOE to get to the next area/town in the early days to save adena.

EDIT : Events were generally better then because there was no pay store requirement like there is for the modern version of the letter event. Requiring you to buy packs just to finish off the words was greedy.  I miss the old school squash and letter events.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

37 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Probably because you were new to the game and thus didn't have everything optimized from day one. By that point in the server's life (C4)I was playing 4 accounts. I made adena every-time I headed out while using shots. In the closed and open betas I played one account and I had a top NG weapon just before 20 and I used shots. I was already well informed on the game and how korean mmorpgs worked in general so I had an advantage going into the game.

I did do a lot of run then SOE to get to the next area/town in the early days to save adena.

EDIT : Events were generally better then because there was no pay store requirement like there is for the modern version of the letter event. Requiring you to buy packs just to finish off the words was greedy.  I miss the old school squash and letter events.

I've seen you mention this so many times in different threads. I also played other grindy korean games before I started Lineage 2, so it wasn't my first rodeo. I had friends who played since day 1 who knew way more about the game than I did that helped me out. Your ONLY advantage was that you had 4 accounts, and that's why you had an advantage over other players. There were maybe only a handful of people willing to pay $15 a month for 4 accounts. Farming with buffs vs farming without buffs made a HUGE difference back then. The only time that I was farming and came out greatly on top of what I left town with was when my 60+ WC friend came and buffed me. Don't try to sell me the idea that because you played beta and other korean games that you were better off... It's irrelevant. 

10 hours ago, Yummydain said:

I've seen you mention this so many times in different threads. I also played other grindy korean games before I started Lineage 2, so it wasn't my first rodeo. I had friends who played since day 1 who knew way more about the game than I did that helped me out. Your ONLY advantage was that you had 4 accounts, and that's why you had an advantage over other players. There were maybe only a handful of people willing to pay $15 a month for 4 accounts. Farming with buffs vs farming without buffs made a HUGE difference back then. The only time that I was farming and came out greatly on top of what I left town with was when my 60+ WC friend came and buffed me. Don't try to sell me the idea that because you played beta and other korean games that you were better off... It's irrelevant. 

I've said repeatedly that I started with one account and went through beta with one account. I bought the second copy of the game in 2005. I did end up having four accounts by the end of 2005 with the last two copies of the game being bought in late 2005.

In hindsight I made an error by not starting with two accounts. It didn't really matter as I  was able to make many in game connections from the first day so I didn't need a buffer. I leveled with and took good care of my buffer friends. Since it is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game I took advantage of the ability to socialize and made productive deals with my fellow players. It also helped that I was a no lifer who lived in the middle of a corn field with basically nothing to do during the cold season. Along with all the other standard things like making my own shots buying in no tax stores while playing the market etc..The game definitely taught me patience. The patience to wait for a good deal to appear. Patience to hold off on selling. the patience of sitting and waiting for my SPS to regen mp because clear mindwhatever wasn't nearly enough and the stupid pony wrecked my XP for little mp stupid bloody mana not REVGENING ARAFGASFASGHGHGH...That's actually what drove me to create my second account for a SE....

Maybe I just had a magically delicious luck of a time :shrug:

Edited by Tool_of_Society

I remember in prelude all the good leveling spots were always hotly contested for 24/7. Where full blown donnybrooks would break out at the drop of a hat. From ruins of Despair, to Cruma Tower, and into Antharas Lair.

It got so bad that you always ended up loosing so much exp in fights. SP was never in short supply when you leveled.

Eventually the server always devolved into two opposing camps and literally 2/3 of the server was always at each others throats for the entire 5 years of the game.  

Ya I remember the good old days.....

Edited by TypeBox

You forgot to mention a few:

Mighty mortal daggers

Boss jewels that only added resistances, not success chance.

Nuker AOE in PVP since no one knew what jewels were used for.

EE could effectively recharge themselves at a high enough level.

Spell Singers using sleep cloud and AOE to 1v9 full parties.

No mention of Kamael?

Soulhound- Shadow bind on Baium 100% soulhound couldn't move but neither could Baium lolololol.

Berserker - disarm 100% then mass disarm 100% for when that debuff fell. 

The addition of Elemental Attack attribute for dagger classes - +1 Enchanted Stabs for element and instant 20k Backstabs.

The uncapped crit damage modifiers for the entire history of the game making a full titan group with frenzy zealot able to kill any RB in game in 30 seconds with Rsk. Critical Blunts.

Ahh the good old days when everything was balanced, right?

47 minutes ago, Vlademere said:

You forgot to mention a few:

Mighty mortal daggers

Boss jewels that only added resistances, not success chance.

Nuker AOE in PVP since no one knew what jewels were used for.

EE could effectively recharge themselves at a high enough level.

Spell Singers using sleep cloud and AOE to 1v9 full parties.

No mention of Kamael?

Soulhound- Shadow bind on Baium 100% soulhound couldn't move but neither could Baium lolololol.

Berserker - disarm 100% then mass disarm 100% for when that debuff fell. 

The addition of Elemental Attack attribute for dagger classes - +1 Enchanted Stabs for element and instant 20k Backstabs.

The uncapped crit damage modifiers for the entire history of the game making a full titan group with frenzy zealot able to kill any RB in game in 30 seconds with Rsk. Critical Blunts.

Ahh the good old days when everything was balanced, right?

An excellent list! I did forget all of that. I have to say, seeing a single titan kill frintezza in about 2 hits because of Day of doom + stigma being added to the game was absolutely hilarious.

I was lucky enough to be a sorc with passive wild magic and was able to 1v9 full parties just because of that, but the dagger elemental enchants were also stupid. Also I have to say, being a bishop subclass with passive wild magic and valakas was ... just really unfair. Mass mana burn and everyone around you is out of MP.

Also I remember actually being on my sorc for an antharas fight and putting a volcano on the port in against TD... oh that was good. Loved seeing all the 40-90k damage hits.

Also, day of doom in pvp lol. it doesn't care if you're friend or foe EVERYONE gets half stats.

Edited by Soxy