Group leveling 65 - 76

@Juji

This is a two part question.

1. The best hunting ground for 65+ chars up to lvl 75 was clearly Antharas lair, but in the patch notes it says that the mobs has been changed to level 84-85 is this correct? Euro server changed levels on mobs by only 3 levels like in TOI why didn't US servers do the same?

2. With the above change there is limited places to level in 8-9 man groups at this level leaving only Catacombs/Necropolis and TOI.
Catas/Necros:

• Increased the XP reward for monsters placed in the Catacomb and Necropolis hunting zones, but changed the item drops.

TOI:

• Increased the level of monsters by 3, so that level 58-78 monsters will be placed there.
  • Slightly increased the Attack of monsters below level 70 and adjusted their rewards accordingly.
  • Reduced the respawn time of monsters that give only XP.
  • Added Spear and Bow Vulnerability, and reduced M. Def.

These changes which are done to make you level faster with more exp has an negative effect, basically you get less SP / Drops / Adena while leveling.
TOI was already really hard and you made is much harder higher level mobs means more HP/Def on mobs and also gave them more Atk power when they drop a 65 tank in 2-3 hits with full top B grade. I guess the changes are balanced for having a-grade at 61 but no one has that on that level cause the mobs you are killing dosen't drop that level of gear.

So with this I would like to say please consider leaving Antharas lair at lower level range and don't increase the attack of mobs in TOI, with a lot of only exp mobs the drop rate of other mobs around should be increased not decreased for better balance. Having only two places to level in groups for 10 levels are really crappy also because getting to the right floor in TOI with a 9 man group takes forever because there is no port or elevator like in Cruma. Where should we level?

Edited by Icens

2 minutes ago, mixa said:

Are you playing on the EU server or here? These are two completely different approaches to the classic. Don't expect to see the same your see there and vise versa.

I'm playing here on US but I compered the patch notes on US and EU servers for reference.
And since LOA is huge there is lots of room to level in but TOI and Catas/Necros are limited. There is a clear reason why there are not many leveling in TOI, it was to hard and it just got harder, leaving one choice catas/necros to level in and competing over rooms with all bot groups over 10 levels of gameplay. :(

Hello,

I had the exact thoughts yesterday with you. This update is pretty much a disaster for players 60-75.

Not only the farm spots are extremely difficult, but they don't even pay back as well. For example, i made 3 rebuffs at 65 lvl in abg and i got in return the adena i paid to port there. 

6k, 9 i.ore, 5 s.nugget, 1 o.ore, 2 varnish, 1 stem. 6 clients, 6k per client. 10k xp per mob while in lair i was getting 20-22k. With a warlord btw.

I believe Antharas Lair was an essential spot to at least have a chance to catch up with the server, but as it seems if you were 1 or 2 months behind, now you are 4-5.

A different approach to include players 60-75 would have been the mobs in lair to scale depending on spot. Like, entrance as it is and as you go deeper the levels to raise.

It's like forcing you to group with others to go in TOI or CATA's. You just need to find the idiot who is willing to play the bd/sws/wc/pp so as you just add the auto attack.

I would be fine with this update if Antharas Lair would remain as an option for level up, but the other options are just a joke compared to the benefits of Antharas Lair.

I have tried the last month with the non xp loss most of the spots, fields of massacre, toi, cata's with top b gear and the dmg received and couldn't handle was on toi and cata's.

Lair has deaths as well, but it's balanced in xp/drop/mats etc so you overcome eventually 1-2 deaths.

I don't want to jump the gun, but i think this will end up badly for NCSoft. At least i personally, it's the first two days the last 3 months i play that i didn't do anything in game except farm 1 hour and do the daily's. Of course there was the problem with adena which got fixed, or was it not? :)

The fact that you didn't get an answer didn't surprise me, it just confirmed the feeling it was created yesterday. If i knew 3 months ago this was coming i wouldn't have invested all this time.

Regards,

On Giran,

Hook up with RB clan, leech lv60-65 rbs.

Once the pvp dies down maybe leech 70 and 75.

Do that + the dailies in FoM, Seal, and SV - you'll be 76 very very quickly (like 3 weeks max).

The real fun starts at lv78.

It takes just over 6.6billion xp to get to 79.

ENJOY!

18 hours ago, Icens said:

I'm playing here on US but I compered the patch notes on US and EU servers for reference.
And since LOA is huge there is lots of room to level in but TOI and Catas/Necros are limited. There is a clear reason why there are not many leveling in TOI, it was to hard and it just got harder, leaving one choice catas/necros to level in and competing over rooms with all bot groups over 10 levels of gameplay. :(

Yea well, you got a good point there. The catas are still an option though, maybe try and focus on what you can do instead?

Good luck.

11 hours ago, ohfuggle said:

On Giran,

Hook up with RB clan, leech lv60-65 rbs.

Once the pvp dies down maybe leech 70 and 75.

Do that + the dailies in FoM, Seal, and SV - you'll be 76 very very quickly (like 3 weeks max).

The real fun starts at lv78.

It takes just over 6.6billion xp to get to 79.

ENJOY!

I play in Aden. If the server was empty before, you should see how it is now. Not all people's schedule fit in the raidings of clans. I'd rather quit than become a junkie watching a monitor. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the server reached 73-74 in Lair because it was the best option for xp except from raids.