Cursed Sword System Rewamp

Dawe

So, the new Cursed Sword System looked nice and to be a fun thing to do... at first....

But then i realized it will be useless for most people :( The adena reward is nice, very nice, but (i think) as most people i can't attend the event... because i have a job, people.

So i can't stay online till 1:00 AM (My timezone) to get a reward. (not to mention to have the sword untill then)

Friday or Saturday is fine, but sadly, the event runs only from Monday to Thursday :(

And therefore even the attempts to get the sword, or killing people is a waste of time in the end.

Question:

Is there anyone at all who will have time to stay ingame for that long? Raise the hand, don't be shy :)

10 hours ago, Dawe said:

So, the new Cursed Sword System looked nice and to be a fun thing to do... at first....

But then i realized it will be useless for most people :( The adena reward is nice, very nice, but (i think) as most people i can't attend the event... because i have a job, people.

So i can't stay online till 1:00 AM (My timezone) to get a reward. (not to mention to have the sword untill then)

Friday or Saturday is fine, but sadly, the event runs only from Monday to Thursday :(

And therefore even the attempts to get the sword, or killing people is a waste of time in the end.

Question:

Is there anyone at all who will have time to stay ingame for that long? Raise the hand, don't be shy :)

I know few on NAIA starting with OverDPS  :D

The 'event time' for the Demonic Swords are completely bonkers for Naia. Basically if you can hold the sword till after 11pm you'll keep it for the reward. Majority of players will log off between 11pm and 0am and there is nobody left to compete/fight the chest. And if you are, you'll run into protectors.

And then you have the douchebag move that people do and just camp Blackbird Campsite, Parnasus, AF Instance NPC etc. for easy leveling up of the sword.

The Demonic Sword thing is broken as f....

I had few adjustments in my head for the system so even working people had a chance to attend, but i realized  that NC will not implement it no matter what...

But due to increasing demand for a system change, i maybe write my thoughts down...

• 2 months later...

An that time has come....

Those ideas that I came up with aren't perfect, but i would like to see your comments on that. It doesn't matter if they're bad, those changes will not be implemented anyway :)

Here it comes...

New Cursed Sword System by Dawe

CursedSwords.jpg

Refined the Cursed Sword system

• The ownership of the existing Demonic Sword Zariche and Blood Sword Akamanah will be reset.

Life Cycle of the Cursed Sword

• The Cursed Swords are created every Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM Server Time.

• If a monster level 95 or higher is killed in the field, Demonic Sword Zariche or Blood Sword Akamanah is created and dropped onto the world.

• Only one Demonic Sword Zariche and Blood Sword Akamanah each exist in the world.

• The location of the Cursed Sword can be checked on the map (Alt+M) once it is created.

• If the character possessing a cursed sword is not logged in, the location of the sword in question is not displayed.

• If the owner of Zariche acquires Akamanah, Akamanah vanishes and is dropped again in the world (and Vice Versa).

• If the Cursed Sword is not picked up for 10 minutes after it is dropped, the sword vanishes and is re-dropped in the world.

• When picked up by the player character, the Cursed Sword vanishes after 2 hours.

• If the owner of the Cursed Sword enters an area where he cannot be attacked (Peace Zone, Fortress/Castle area etc.) for more than 10 minutes, or re/logs out, the sword vanishes and is re-dropped onto the world.

• If the player's connection to the server is lost, Cursed Sword remains for 30 minutes.

• At 11:30 PM Server Time, the Cursed Sword vanishes regardless of the state of the owner of the Cursed Sword.

Collecting a Cursed Sword

• If you collect the Cursed Sword dropped on the ground, the appearance of your weapon, armor and cloak are changed to Demonic Sword Zariche or Blood Sword Akamanah.

• Your character name is changed to Demonic Sword Zariche or Blood Sword Akamanah.

• Even while possessing a Cursed Sword, you can use the class skills that you originally acquired.

• Cursed Sword owner and Cursed Sword owner only can use the teleport notification icon to teleport to any town or hunting zone. (Free of charge)

• The owner of the Cursed Sword cannot participate in Ceremony of Chaos/Dimensional Server content/Olympiad.

• A hero can also acquire a Cursed Sword.

• The owner of the Cursed Sword can check the information by using the /cursedsword command in the chat.

• Colleting the Cursed Sword applies the following two passive skills:

Skill Name

Skill Description

Soul of Sword – Zariche/Soul of Sword - Akamanah

PvP damage +100% and PvP defense +90%.

Max HP/MP/CP +150000, P. Atk +45717, M. Atk +26586, Atk./Casting Spd. +1500, Normal Attack/M. Critical Rate +500 and Movement Spd. +300.

Amount of heal received -90%.

Demonic Sword Zariche/
Blood Sword Akamanah

Increases Kill Points when killing player characters.

Combat System

• After the update, you can be in a party with the owner of a Cursed Sword.

• The owner of the Cursed Sword cannot attack characters below level 20.

• However, characters below level 20 can attack the owner of the Cursed Sword.

• If the owner of the Cursed Sword strikes another character including heroes, CP will become 0.

• It must be a direct hit instead of magic/physical skills.

• If a hero strikes the owner of the Cursed Sword, the CP of the owner becomes 0 (It must be a direct hit instead of magic/physical skills).

• The battle between the owner of the Cursed Sword and other characters has no XP drop, item drop, karma increase, and PK penalty.

• If you are killed by the owner of the Cursed Sword, the Scar of Soul**debuff is applied.

Debuff Name

Debuff Description

Scar of Soul - Zariche/Scar of Soul - Akamanah

Your soul is shattered after being struck by the Cursed Sword.Your body has been petrified.

Kill Point System

• If you acquire the Cursed Sword, you receive a buff whose level represents the amount of accumulated Kill points.

• Buff name: Demonic Sword Zariche and Blood Sword Akamanah.

• Level: 1 ~ 5.

• At 6:30 AM Server Time the accumulated Kill points are reset.

• The Kill points are also reset when the owner of the Cursed Sword is killed, and the ownership of the Cursed Sword is lost.

[Kill Points for level up]

Lv. 2 (15,000) / Lv. 3 (45,000) / Lv. 4 (90,000) / Lv. 5 (180,000)

• The Cursed Sword owner receives points based on the level of killed character.

• Clan members, characters below level 20 are excluded.

• Killing the owner of another Cursed Sword gives you 1000 points.

[Kill Points per level]

21~84 (1 Point) / 85~99 (10 Points) / 100~105 (100 Points) / 106~110 (500 Points) / 111+ (700 Points)

Cursed Sword Rewards

• At the 12:00 AM Server Time, the player with the most Kill Points will be awarded with the Adena reward.

• Amount of Adena will be awarded depending on the buff level of Demonic Sword Zariche or Blood Sword Akamanah.

• Lv. 2 :: 500 million / Lv. 3 :: 1,5 billion / Lv. 4 :: 5 billion / Lv. 5 :: 10 billion.

** - Scar of Soul is a visual Petrification debuff that shows the character's last action before death, it is automaticaly lifted once the character is resurrected / returns to Town/Castle/Clan Hall.

I am not a fan of the Dragon-type Weapons, so that's why is the rest in red, aka "I don't want them in the game".

Cursed Sword Weapons

• A new weapon borne from the blood of Demonic Sword Zariche and Blood Sword Akamanah was added.

• There's a chance to acquire a "Blood-thirsty Cursed Weapon" from the new Cursed Sword rewards Zariche's Sealed Box and Akamanah's Sealed Box.

• The Cursed Sword weapons cannot be exchanged, dropped, sold in a private store, sold in the Auction, stored in a clan warehouse.

• Blood-thirsty Cursed Weapon and Cursed Blood can be used to craft a "Blood-stained Cursed Weapon" through NPC Kaysia.

Item Name

Blood-thirsty Zariche Shaper

Blood-stained Zariche Shaper

Blood-thirsty Zariche Cutter

Blood-stained Zariche Cutter

Blood-thirsty Zariche Slasher

Blood-stained Zariche Slasher

Blood-thirsty Zariche Avenger

Blood-stained Zariche Avenger

Blood-thirsty Zariche Fighter

Blood-stained Zariche Fighter

Blood-thirsty Zariche Stormer

Blood-stained Zariche Stormer

Blood-thirsty Zariche Thrower

Blood-stained Zariche Thrower

Blood-thirsty Zariche Shooter

Blood-stained Zariche Shooter

Blood-thirsty Zariche Buster

Blood-stained Zariche Buster

Blood-thirsty Zariche Caster

Blood-stained Zariche Caster

Blood-thirsty Zariche Retributer

Blood-stained Zariche Retributer

Blood-thirsty Zariche Dualsword

Blood-stained Zariche Dualsword

Blood-thirsty Zariche Dual Dagger

Blood-stained Zariche Dual Dagger

Blood-thirsty Zariche Dual Blunt Weapon

Blood-stained Zariche Dual Blunt Weapon

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Shaper

Blood-stained Akamanah Shaper

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Cutter

Blood-stained Akamanah Cutter

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Slasher

Blood-stained Akamanah Slasher

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Avenger

Blood-stained Akamanah Avenger

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Fighter

Blood-stained Akamanah Fighter

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Stormer

Blood-stained Akamanah Stormer

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Thrower

Blood-stained Akamanah Thrower

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Shooter

Blood-stained Akamanah Shooter

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Buster

Blood-stained Akamanah Buster

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Caster

Blood-stained Akamanah Caster

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Retributer

Blood-stained Akamanah Retributer

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Dualsword

Blood-stained Akamanah Dualsword

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Dual Dagger

Blood-stained Akamanah Dual Dagger

Blood-thirsty Akamanah Dual Blunt Weapon

Blood-stained Akamanah Dual Blunt Weapon

• New Blood-stained Cursed Weapon effects were added.

Skill Name

Type

Effects

Blood-stained Zariche

Physical

PvP Damage +30%, Max HP/MP/CP +30%, Movement Speed +30%, Normal Critical Rate +100, P. Skill Critical Rate +30%,
P. Skill Critical Damage +30%.

Blood-stained Zariche

Magic

PvP Damage +30%, Max HP/MP/CP +30%, Movement Speed +30%, Normal Critical Rate +100, M. Skill Critical Rate +30%,
M. Skill Critical Damage +30%.

Blood-stained Akamanah

Physical

PvP Damage +30%, Max HP/MP/CP +30%, Movement Speed +30%, Normal Critical Rate +100, P. Skill Critical Rate +30%,
P. Skill Critical Damage +30%.

Blood-stained Akamanah

Magic

PvP Damage +30%, Max HP/MP/CP +30%, Movement Speed +30%, Normal Critical Rate +100, M. Skill Critical Rate +30%,
M. Skill Critical Damage +30%.

• New Blood-stained Cursed Weapon active skills were added.

Skill Name

Effects

Soul's Insanity - Zariche

Limits damage received to 666 for 30 sec.

Soul's Confinement - Zariche

Immobilizes enemies near the target for 60 sec.

Soul's Release - Zariche

Cancels "Soul's Confinement" skill near the player.

Soul's Insanity - Akamanah

Limits damage received to 666 for 30 sec.

Soul's Confinement - Akamanah

Immobilizes enemies near the target for 60 sec.

Soul's Release - Akamanah

Cancels "Soul's Confinement" skill near the player.

Life Cycle of the Cursed Sword

• Once the Cursed Sword vanishes, there's a small chance that the previous Cursed Sword owner can obtain "Akamanah's Blood" or "Zariche's Blood" respectively.

Cursed Sword Rewards

• New rewards for Cursed Sword content have been added.

• Zariche's Sealed Box and Akamanah's Sealed Box were added on top of the preexisting Adena reward.

Item Name

Description

Zariche's Sealed Box

Box of darkness in which the madness of the Demonic Sword Zariche is sealed.
Use to have a chance to obtain a
Blood-thirsty Zariche weapon.

Akamanah's Sealed Box

Box of darkness in which the madness of the Blood Sword Akamanah is sealed.
Use to have a chance to obtain
a Blood-thirsty Akamanah weapon.

Sorry to say that you wasted your time with this revamp. This new akamanah zariche system was a way to make it relevant again but the only thing they managed to achieve is another cancerous mechanics that shits on all players who don't spend their lives and mortgage on L2. Only the rich will touch the high rewards, they just go through low level zone to farm kills where lower players just want to progress by playing, griefing them. Just the rich bullying the poor as usual NcSoft design. As retarded as the no PK consequences idea. All you got is people who wasted their lives and bank account on L2 who are now mad at themselves and take it out on poor players in-game to attempt to feel better. If this needs a revamp, it should be a revamp to boost new players and not reward already rich players who can 1 shot the swords who have no gear and vice versa, low gear ppl couldnt ever kill the swords.

P.S. bring back PK consequences, revamp if u want, but give it risks & consequences if you have at least a brain cell left