Forums

Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Conguero

15 hours ago, Conguero said:

All game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 1200 GMT and ending at approximately 8am PDT / 10am CDT / 11am EDT / 1500 GMT. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

With this maintenance:

• The Heine Fishing Expedition will return and run until April 25.
    • Four bundles will be added to the L2 Store.
    • New feature: NPC Peeves in Heine will exchange Embryo Bait Coupons for Master Fisherman's Blessing buffs.
      • Master Fisherman's Blessing increases fishing EXP by 100% and can be combined with the effects of the Fancy Fishing Rod for a 150% total bonus.
  • The following changes and bug fixes will be applied:
    • Fixed an issue where some bosses did not display properly on the Raid Boss map.
    • Improved memory performance when alt-tabbing and running multiple clients.
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.

Other updates and reminders:

• The Oriana's Lucky Draw event will continue until April 11, 2018, at which time event items will be deleted.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Ultimate Embryo Fishing Pack have only blessing + need taro card event or draco chest or jewel event (upgrade event from 1lvl to3)

Man, we are addicts, aren't we?  We complain constantly about how NCSoft has ruined the game.  Then we act like heroin addicts in need of a fix when it doesn't come up on time.  I'm as guilty as anyone, checking over and over again until I can get my L2 fix.

13 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

Well, per parts:

1. Price of items - Some of this items, like Crystals R, GE and EoD are being sold for incredible low prices. (Some of them at npc price, that says there's a big problem with the supply/demand of the items) The case of Dark Stones i remember having them sold for 1b each, now you can buy them way below half of that value. For me, that is a good indication of surplus of the item in question. Speaking the Freya case, although the Dark Stones are being sold at 400/450m (Some may argue that's a low price, but i admit thats subjective) the rest of the items are being sold sore stupid low prices. Crystals are being sold at npc price, GE are being sold way bellow the buy price on CH and EoD are not being sold at all because no one wants them.

2. Why NCSoft should care/do such thing - Well, creating demand for this items will increase the interest on some prizes of most of this NCSoft pay events. Thus increasing revenues from this events.

NC has been drying up the economy to fight back on inflation and to push more Ncoin sales, with less adena circulating there has been a deflationary effect on the server, (prices are going down steeply due to lack of demand/ money to buy stuff). I don't necessarily disagree with this, because price inflation was a major cause of problems for low/mid tier players to get their gears, but the problem is that this has been accompanied by a lack of access from all players to adena (no drops, very low adena acquisition through normal XP methods etc..); they have tied this to the "Updated" subscription package but when the drop rates are 0 a 300% upgrade on 0 is still 0..... So the solution remains to either i) increase the drops (items + adena) and police vs. adena sellers (the traditional approach) or ii) increase the drops (items + adena) and put an adena token in the L2 Store as a mechanism to get adena, (a novel approach that would at least make it pointless to buy/sell adena for RL currency with which the non official RMT for adena would dry up eventually, at least for adena). 

In any case, some items are market regulators, for example as long as Mammon sells Gemstone R for 1.2m no one in their right minds would buy for more; the same with other in game items. Another aspect that needs revision is the L2 store prices, they are simply too high, and some of the items are stupidly expensive, (I will not go into the jewels because it has been discussed too much already), but there is the 8k Ncoin pack (Ultimate?, i don't recall), I mean the one that people buy just to get the 30 days boss jewels. Basically the rest of the pack is crap, (with the exception perhaps of the Leona scrolls and maybe something else). This is only a sign that the whole store product offerings need to be revised, updated and prices adjusted. 

Finally, you're all aware these postings are in the maintenance notice from Conguero right?, so when he closes it, moves it or deletes it, don't complain saying that there was a life changing conversation going on here please....

14 hours ago, Orion said:

I want merdge too but checking online members in freya & naia and checking population of some koreans servers those freya/naia servers are more healthy than some korean servers, sad but l2 is losing players everyday, I don't expect merdge soon...maybe in a year even more..

http://l2.laby.fr/status/

80% of them are bots, 10% macro users....

1 hour ago, Oeste said:

NC has been drying up the economy to fight back on inflation and to push more Ncoin sales, with less adena circulating there has been a deflationary effect on the server, (prices are going down steeply due to lack of demand/ money to buy stuff). I don't necessarily disagree with this, because price inflation was a major cause of problems for low/mid tier players to get their gears, but the problem is that this has been accompanied by a lack of access from all players to adena (no drops, very low adena acquisition through normal XP methods etc..); they have tied this to the "Updated" subscription package but when the drop rates are 0 a 300% upgrade on 0 is still 0..... So the solution remains to either i) increase the drops (items + adena) and police vs. adena sellers (the traditional approach) or ii) increase the drops (items + adena) and put an adena token in the L2 Store as a mechanism to get adena, (a novel approach that would at least make it pointless to buy/sell adena for RL currency with which the non official RMT for adena would dry up eventually, at least for adena). 

In any case, some items are market regulators, for example as long as Mammon sells Gemstone R for 1.2m no one in their right minds would buy for more; the same with other in game items. Another aspect that needs revision is the L2 store prices, they are simply too high, and some of the items are stupidly expensive, (I will not go into the jewels because it has been discussed too much already), but there is the 8k Ncoin pack (Ultimate?, i don't recall), I mean the one that people buy just to get the 30 days boss jewels. Basically the rest of the pack is crap, (with the exception perhaps of the Leona scrolls and maybe something else). This is only a sign that the whole store product offerings need to be revised, updated and prices adjusted. 

Finally, you're all aware these postings are in the maintenance notice from Conguero right?, so when he closes it, moves it or deletes it, don't complain saying that there was a life changing conversation going on here please....

I posted what i did not to start a discussion but to ask @Conguero for an update on this feature. (mostly cause Europeans got it now too, being us the only ones that didn't get it)

Most of the posts created here were just flame so, not much real discussion anyway.

Just as a side note, people tend to forget the other side of the feature: the bonus from it are not that big. And the possible increase in price of some items work both ways, that means ppl would be able to sell most of their stuff for higher prices as a big part of this items are actually obtainable for everyone.

Edit: Just a remind of people that whatever is discussed here won't have any influence in our servers since our server decisions are made by the Koreans and them only.

9 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

Just as a side note, people tend to forget the other side of the feature: the bonus from it are not that big. And the possible increase in price of some items work both ways, that means ppl would be able to sell most of their stuff for higher prices as a big part of this items are actually obtainable for everyone.

My final remark was not addressed to you fyi. Anyway, the price increase of some items would work both ways only if the market was not dried up from currency, any price increase in the current conditions would only result on even less sales because no one has the adena to buy the stuff you're selling. So higher prices under the current monetary scarcity would be beneficial to no one.

12 hours ago, Oeste said:

My final remark was not addressed to you fyi. Anyway, the price increase of some items would work both ways only if the market was not dried up from currency, any price increase in the current conditions would only result on even less sales because no one has the adena to buy the stuff you're selling. So higher prices under the current monetary scarcity would be beneficial to no one.

You have to consider that most of the currency is saved up for something important like lv5/6 brooch jewels or new items. If an update like this would come, that currency would be used in basic items like gems/cryR meaning it would be distributed to the lower tie of the servers.

2 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

You have to consider that most of the currency is saved up for something important like lv5/6 brooch jewels or new items. If an update like this would come, that currency would be used in basic items like gems/cryR meaning it would be distributed to the lower tie of the servers.

I don't really know this. Most of the people, (in my clan/ally at least), are trying to save to upgrade weapons, armors and other basic items, very few are thinking in terms of Lvl 5/6 brooch jewels. Target for such items is mid tier at best, (for example lvl 3 jewels is the commonplace). For these people, an increase on the prices for basic items and armors like you suggest would be a dealbreaker and many would leave. I would agree tho that if you have access to the items from in game means even if it's through promos like the current one, this would slowly trickle down and reactivate the economy, the problem is that the rate would still be too low. IMO, what would have to happen is to increase the price of basic items such as Gem R, Crystal R, etc... that everyone has access to and maintain or decrease the price of the higher level items that few have access to, (like dark/ bloody stones). That would create a better wealth distribution. 

FYI, I am not talking about a small clan/ally either this is DR/Apex in Chronos I am referring to, so it's a lot of people. 

6 minutes ago, Oeste said:

I don't really know this. Most of the people, (in my clan/ally at least), are trying to save to upgrade weapons, armors and other basic items, very few are thinking in terms of Lvl 5/6 brooch jewels. Target for such items is mid tier at best, (for example lvl 3 jewels is the commonplace). For these people, an increase on the prices for basic items and armors like you suggest would be a dealbreaker and many would leave. I would agree tho that if you have access to the items from in game means even if it's through promos like the current one, this would slowly trickle down and reactivate the economy, the problem is that the rate would still be too low. IMO, what would have to happen is to increase the price of basic items such as Gem R, Crystal R, etc... that everyone has access to and maintain or decrease the price of the higher level items that few have access to, (like dark/ bloody stones). That would create a better wealth distribution. 

FYI, I am not talking about a small clan/ally either this is DR/Apex in Chronos I am referring to, so it's a lot of people. 

Gem R and Crystal R are some of the items needed to upgrade the armors (EAR is another good example of an item that everyone has access too) so those are the items that would have some demand. No disrespect to you or your clan, most of the adena is saved up is by the big whales form top clans, and they are the ones that gonna spend to get those armors to stage 6. And it's not a bad thing as they won't give that much big difference and would inject a good amount of adena in the market.

18 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

Gem R and Crystal R are some of the items needed to upgrade the armors (EAR is another good example of an item that everyone has access too) so those are the items that would have some demand. No disrespect to you or your clan, most of the adena is saved up is by the big whales form top clans, and they are the ones that gonna spend to get those armors to stage 6. And it's not a bad thing as they won't give that much big difference and would inject a good amount of adena in the market.

"Gem R and Crystal R are some of the items needed to upgrade the armors (EAR is another good example of an item that everyone has access too) so those are the items that would have some demand..."

---> What I am saying is these would be the ones where the price increase would benefit the most people, so yes, I agree to some extent, but I am also saying a price increase on dark/bloody stones or other "access restricted items" would be a negative not a positive.

"No disrespect to you or your clan, most of the adena is saved up is by the big whales form top clans, and they are the ones that gonna spend to get those armors to stage 6..."

---> None inferred, we're having an adult conversation so I understand you are making a point. But I believe "big whales from top clans" will not save the economy simply because there are not enough of them left or they simply they don't care anymore. If while managing the game, they disregard major clan /alliances, you're bound to loose 100's of people,  (I.e Apex might have maybe 200 or more active players in total?). What would an hemorrhage of that size lead the game to?, would the big whales be happy to just play amongst themselves when everyone else leaves? it will be a sad day when the total population of L2 chronos is composed fo 20 big whales, (and I don't think there's that many anymore). 

"And it's not a bad thing as they won't give that much big difference and would inject a good amount of adena in the market"

---> Again I am not sure about this, because the same way these big whales have hoarded adena, they have hoarded R Gemstones, EOD, GE's, BEARs, etc... I cannot imagine for example what @Tevas might have on his WH, (maybe he can upload some screenshots!, lol), but I can imagine he has more than enough of these low end items to make his new set not buying a lot of things from the market. Most of the big spenders will be in this position, I don't think they will be the solution, the solution IMO should come from creating a "middle class" that can buy/sell in game items and reactivate the economy, this will requiere 100's of players not a handful of big spenders and that is why the deflation we've been having would not be so bad IF players had access to acquire in game wealth through in game means, through the L2 Store at a reasonable price OR a combination of both. 

Archived