D Grade Armor and Weapons

I received the old Newbie package from the NCSoft Store (Classic Giran) I got some Soulshots and weapons NG. I am now level 25 looking for a D grade armor. I then found out from a friend that new characters 20+ get armor and weapons. In anycase the Moon Knight armor quest was removed but some people have characters like mine that are low level that cant get armor or weapons. Is there a quest for D Grade armor and weapon coming soon?

Just make new character, do the quests, it takes about 10 mins max to hit lvl 19, reward at the end of the quest is the moon armor set of your choise.

EDIT: And then use the Dimensional Merchant to transfer the armor to your main.

Edited by Kasemets
  • Like 1

I tried to do what you say but the L2Store Newbie pack is limited to one per account. I received the previous Newbie pack that didn't have the armor. So I thought I could atleast get the armor by doing the quest at level 25. This should be brought back into the game please.

Problem with Moon armor sets.

We no longer have an option for choosing light armor over robes because they are tied to the class transition you plan to choose, although my elves have light armor mastery as well as robes.

It says that the Moon set robes will increase casting speed, but the robes do not show that perk, and in fact the NG Devotion set gives my elves 60+ higher points for casting speed than the D Moon set.

There also does not seem to be an option for a weapon with casting speed increase in the shops [if one wanted to use light armor] according to their descriptions.  I have not yet seen a reward weapon, so don't know if they have casting speed.  A potion is available in shops [thanks for the freebies given], but standard price is 2800 a pop.

Not only are we being instantly kicked out of the starting villages and all their nice early quests, that Classic was allowing us to nostalgically enjoy, and that offered some flexibility in armor/weapon choices,  but all our options are narrowing.  I am feeling pushed, rushed and straight-jacketed into a linear game play.  One of the joys of Lineage 2 was it's open-endedness.  That now seems ended. 

@Tynk  I call Shade.  What you write actually shows you know nothing about classic.  You can wear any set you wanna but as every time in L2 history there were class+armor type combination... Mages were always robe, archer/dagger light and tanks/fist,glad,titan hvy.  Weapon with casting speed.. Well here is the reason i know you did not even study a bit before spiting this shade. There are runes which you can add into any weapon. So it actually give you more choices. cause you can have acumen in bow or polearm.

So get a tissue stop cry and play!

10 hours ago, Smajda said:

@Tynk  I call Shade.  What you write actually shows you know nothing about classic.  You can wear any set you wanna but as every time in L2 history there were class+armor type combination... Mages were always robe, archer/dagger light and tanks/fist,glad,titan hvy.  Weapon with casting speed.. Well here is the reason i know you did not even study a bit before spiting this shade. There are runes which you can add into any weapon. So it actually give you more choices. cause you can have acumen in bow or polearm.

Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I've been playing this game 13 years and gameplay has become more and more restrictive.  Nevertheless, I was enjoying the new Classic up until this latest upgrade.  

Everything I loved about L2 is now gone.  Some new features are appreciated, but every time I play, I am made aware of something I enjoyed that's changed and it breaks my heart.  

Yes, I can wear or use alternative armor or weapons, or save up to pay outrageous prices for runes or whatever, but skills have been more narrowly defined and don't always support alternatives. 

They may be trying to make each class more distinctive, less cross over, but ATM I feel straight-jacketed.

I will probably stay on and get deeper into the game to see if I am missing some new ingredients that would change my mind, but I am really grieving the loss of starting village play and freedoms I used to enjoy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Smajda said:

Uh no. Wearing heavy armor was a legit strategy for many classes that you just listed as always wearing something other than heavy. Hell even the heavy armor only classes you listed would wear light for the extra PVE damage. It's been an integral part of lineage 2 since day one.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

On 19/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Ephestion said:

I received the old Newbie package from the NCSoft Store (Classic Giran) I got some Soulshots and weapons NG. I am now level 25 looking for a D grade armor. I then found out from a friend that new characters 20+ get armor and weapons. In anycase the Moon Knight armor quest was removed but some people have characters like mine that are low level that cant get armor or weapons. Is there a quest for D Grade armor and weapon coming soon?

It happens the same to me. I'm lvl 25 with a character and I can't get the quest for Moon Armor becaused they remove it. I can't do neither the new quest for obtain it, becaused is for lvl 19. So, isn't have another other way for get it? Don't say just make another char, they have to imporve any way for characters like me can get it.

2 hours ago, DarkElve said:

It happens the same to me. I'm lvl 25 with a character and I can't get the quest for Moon Armor becaused they remove it. I can't do neither the new quest for obtain it, becaused is for lvl 19. So, isn't have another other way for get it? Don't say just make another char, they have to imporve any way for characters like me can get it.

Making Moon Armor with a new char now is actually much faster than it was doing the quest the old way. Like ten times faster.

1 hour ago, Krissa said:

Making Moon Armor with a new char now is actually much faster than it was doing the quest the old way. Like ten times faster.

I know, but the thing is that I dont want to erase the char... It could exist any king of way to get it. For example, make the quest lvl +19 and not just until  lvl 19.