Suggestion for PVE Othell

BrokeSin

Hello to everyone , i return to l2 since 2 years ago and lot of things have been changed . So since i am newbie i would like to tell me what you suggest for my Othell ghost hunter . I am currently 93 level .

What sub certification skills to take

What Type of dyes to buy (Legendary STR+CHA for example)

Which accessories is better ? including rings-earrings-neck or hat

I know that talisman longing-sevensigns- belt pve+6% and venir at least level 12 is a must.

Also what is your opinion for kelbim dual daggers? its worth to buy or wait to buy specter R95? Because i think kelbim is more for pvp .

I will wait for your replies .

Cheers!

12 hours ago, BrokeSin said:

Hello to everyone , i return to l2 since 2 years ago and lot of things have been changed . So since i am newbie i would like to tell me what you suggest for my Othell ghost hunter . I am currently 93 level .

What sub certification skills to take

What Type of dyes to buy (Legendary STR+CHA for example)

Which accessories is better ? including rings-earrings-neck or hat

I know that talisman longing-sevensigns- belt pve+6% and venir at least level 12 is a must.

Also what is your opinion for kelbim dual daggers? its worth to buy or wait to buy specter R95? Because i think kelbim is more for pvp .

I will wait for your replies .

Cheers!

1. Trigger skill power 27% + 1 of ur choice (depending ur main/dual either p.atk or hp for exemple)

2. Forget STR+CHA. Many people might disagree but CHA is useless (and it hasbeen proven by a labtest..) and very expensive anyway. At best Legendary STR X3 (ot Leg STR x2 + 1 Leg Dex), cheaper budget same sets Giant lv5.

3. Jewels ; basically the cheapest setup is also a setup you need to have for pvp, even at endgame for oly/coc/1v1 because its a stun setup > Tezza soul, coc stun40%, istina earring clean, QA soul, ring of creation

3. Talisman either venir 8 or 14, between both its pointless. Longing is important to have because of increase in stats (+2) and skill power 4%. Anakim to start with instead of 7s will be fine, belt pve is okey too (actually i kept commando belt from dimensional 95 reward (+2% -2%) and directly went to a Monkey belt (+8% -5%) but its up to you.

4. Kelbim dagger is more than fine for both PVE/PVP when u're starting. Check in that very same othell discussion, our buddy @Argus made a thread about it...

we're speaking about pve-build, oookay. 

dyes are - dex+luc, not so expensive these days (saw those for 135m/each) = maximizing in pskill crt rate, useful, also LUC will increase ur halfkill rate as well(for a bit, but still)

jewels: stun+crt dmg including, as soul ant, soul baium/mb wyrm/mb octa warrior (depends on ur pocket), earrings are anthy/bzaq/coc superior one(40%), neckl - frinty is fine, too cheap these days, not a problem

talismans/belts/other accessories: try to get longing, if u dont have a round break with DEX like (80-90) - use venir for extra-stat above, 6% pve dmg belt is quite fine, used it - not so bad as it can be:) but ch belts/monkey will make it bit better, hair -  dex+pdef, shirt - waah, its a hard choice between crappy isti/octa or +7+ elemental shirt, bracelet - there's no "one and only" option, check infos about it and pick which one u need to correct or improve urself

weaponry: kelbims are sucks, fine, but +12 apocalypse 2sa will be better for sure, has been tested by myself, if u have eva's rune and u can provide a stable skill-spam - use 1h dagger, it has x2 crt dmg modifier in base, when dualdaggers has just 1.5, remember, melee-rogue is not about patk, u can kill with crystaldagger as well, so.. try out and find ur perfect way to pve comfortably :)

1 hour ago, BrokeSin said:

Thanks for you replies guys , which one is pve belt ? every belt has pvp skill attack etc . Also what subs to make and sub skills?

special pve r99 for marks of battle is cheapest one(gives +6% pve skill damage), or free belt with +2%-2% for 30-day rift quest, subs: pdef-mdef, mb guidance to be more accurate with stabs, patk, as option. dual - that easy, ur gaining hp boost 24% or taking +27% skill power trigger

2 hours ago, SpineCrusher said:

special pve r99 for marks of battle is cheapest one(gives +6% pve skill damage), or free belt with +2%-2% for 30-day rift quest, subs: pdef-mdef, mb guidance to be more accurate with stabs, patk, as option. dual - that easy, ur gaining hp boost 24% or taking +27% skill power trigger

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

Kelbim daggers are sort of useless in PVE, only grab it if you have the adena to spend + do some random PVPs. Low budget grab an 7+ apocalypse weapon with 2x decent SAs & use high-grade stones to augment it for a decent augment, it will hit slightly harder in PVE & should go for like 1.5 billion adena so on a tight budget skip the kelbim dagger.

"High budget" you can buy a 12+ apocalypse dagger for the same price as a kelbim weapon, and will be much better in term of PVE DMG.

For PVE an othell does not need stun, even without stun necklace/rings you will land stun almost every single time on monsters.

Grab tautis ring (5% skill power) + ring of authority/ring of creation.

Necklace stick with tezza soul, can use valakas necklace (normal one) for the P. Atk boost which will slightly increase your DPS if you want to give up some speed etc.

Other than this, Listen to what Alb said.

• 2 weeks later...

Alb mate i see many videos that most othells prefer 3 x Legendary Dex dyes even if attack speed is already at 1500 max , any ideas?

On 5/4/2018 at 4:02 AM, Alb said:

1. Trigger skill power 27% + 1 of ur choice (depending ur main/dual either p.atk or hp for exemple)

2. Forget STR+CHA. Many people might disagree but CHA is useless (and it hasbeen proven by a labtest..) and very expensive anyway. At best Legendary STR X3 (ot Leg STR x2 + 1 Leg Dex), cheaper budget same sets Giant lv5.

3. Jewels ; basically the cheapest setup is also a setup you need to have for pvp, even at endgame for oly/coc/1v1 because its a stun setup > Tezza soul, coc stun40%, istina earring clean, QA soul, ring of creation

3. Talisman either venir 8 or 14, between both its pointless. Longing is important to have because of increase in stats (+2) and skill power 4%. Anakim to start with instead of 7s will be fine, belt pve is okey too (actually i kept commando belt from dimensional 95 reward (+2% -2%) and directly went to a Monkey belt (+8% -5%) but its up to you.

4. Kelbim dagger is more than fine for both PVE/PVP when u're starting. Check in that very same othell discussion, our buddy @Argus made a thread about it...

18 minutes ago, BrokeSin said:

Alb mate i see many videos that most othells prefer 3 x Legendary Dex dyes even if attack speed is already at 1500 max , any ideas?

You had 2 y ago same mastery :) and since othels do most damage by skills you want them to crit as ofen as posible :

Superior Light Armor Mastery
Equipping light armor increases Maximum HP by 4880, Defense by 1506, and Physical Evasion by 20, decreases Critical Damage Rate by 35%, and adjusts Speed/ P. Skill Critical Rate according to DEX. Additionally, increases STR by 2 and applies Assassin's Reflex which accelerates Attack Speed at a 10% chance if successfully evaded.

So you suggest to create 3 x Leg Dex +5 CON+1 or 2 Leg STR and 1 Dex dyes?

11 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

You had 2 y ago same mastery :) and since othels do most damage by skills you want them to crit as ofen as posible :

Superior Light Armor Mastery
Equipping light armor increases Maximum HP by 4880, Defense by 1506, and Physical Evasion by 20, decreases Critical Damage Rate by 35%, and adjusts Speed/ P. Skill Critical Rate according to DEX. Additionally, increases STR by 2 and applies Assassin's Reflex which accelerates Attack Speed at a 10% chance if successfully evaded.

I'm not going to interject into this debate too much but, just to clarify:

Dex = Skill Critical Rate (double dmg strikes)

Str = Skill Mastery (instant reuse/double duration, etc.)

Both are useful for PvE and, daggers already have VERY high skill crit rate.

Last; if you are going pure PvE your rings should be Earth Wyrm (20% Crit Dmg) and Tauti (15% Crit Dmg, 5% Power) or, if you can afford it, Earth Wyrm and Rulers (also 20% Crit Dmg).

14 hours ago, Rodah said:

I'm not going to interject into this debate too much but, just to clarify:

Dex = Skill Critical Rate (double dmg strikes)

Str = Skill Mastery (instant reuse/double duration, etc.)

Both are useful for PvE and, daggers already have VERY high skill crit rate.

Last; if you are going pure PvE your rings should be Earth Wyrm (20% Crit Dmg) and Tauti (15% Crit Dmg, 5% Power) or, if you can afford it, Earth Wyrm and Rulers (also 20% Crit Dmg).

I wander how do you know that Earth Wyrm has 20% Crit Dmg  - in the description sais increase critical dmg ONLY. I have seen this suggestion before and always wander. Usually when no specific description exists in the items the benefit is not more than 5%.

14 minutes ago, Vassy said:

I wander how do you know that Earth Wyrm has 20% Crit Dmg  - in the description sais increase critical dmg ONLY. I have seen this suggestion before and always wander. Usually when no specific description exists in the items the benefit is not more than 5%.

Everybody knows that :) JuJi made a damage test years ago...nothing has change in that matter.

" All the rings give around 15% except for the Ring of Insolence IX and the Earth Wyrm Heart Ring. The Earth Wyrm Heart Ring gives around 20%. "

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=242181

On 22/04/2018 at 3:20 AM, BrokeSin said:

3 Giant STR are fine and cheap. At best 3 Leg STR if you can afford. (or 2 STR 1 DEX depending ur setup/stuff/race/class)

Dex wasnt for attack speed anyway, and full DEX build was used some chronicles ago by just a few daggers (one of the reasons was because it was cheaper than full str setup, but not just that)

Anyhow, about rings, any ring +15% crit dmg doing the job. As bonus trasken/Tauti would give u +5% crit dmg and +5% skill power.

Othell ghost hunter 100 lvl . I have take all dual class skills and sub skills . I have only blessed zaken and frintezza's soul neck . Longing talisman , kelbim dual daggers and seraph LA set +8 FE . My STR is 108 and DEX 60 . Maybe i can go with 2 STR and 1 DEX ?

8 hours ago, Alb said:

3 Giant STR are fine and cheap. At best 3 Leg STR if you can afford. (or 2 STR 1 DEX depending ur setup/stuff/race/class)

Dex wasnt for attack speed anyway, and full DEX build was used some chronicles ago by just a few daggers (one of the reasons was because it was cheaper than full str setup, but not just that)

Anyhow, about rings, any ring +15% crit dmg doing the job. As bonus trasken/Tauti would give u +5% crit dmg and +5% skill power.

7 hours ago, BrokeSin said:

Othell ghost hunter 100 lvl . I have take all dual class skills and sub skills . I have only blessed zaken and frintezza's soul neck . Longing talisman , kelbim dual daggers and seraph LA set +8 FE . My STR is 108 and DEX 60 . Maybe i can go with 2 STR and 1 DEX ?

Doesn't matter if you go 2 str  and 1 Dex or opposite. They must be over +5 stat for sure. You can get Xtra Dex/Str from shirt, venir, hair accessories, bracelet (+4 with hunters faction),  fish stew, cloack, exalted etc. And whatever you do your absolute minimum str must be 120 and Dex 75. You can always go higher.

• 2 weeks later...

All blows are critical. So, when you think in how dex works on othell you will see that is a not so useful stat or maybe we can say "not better than STR".

If u are GH or WR you have Mortal Strike and with that skill you are ok with your blow success rate.

Dex only give speed as useful stat (i know other stats but speed i think is the only one really useful)

When I said all blows are critical mean that all blows are skills critical too, thats why P. skill critical damage affect all your blows and not only your "critical skill blows" like yuls.

Please make some test with your AP. settings p skill critical damage and p skill critical rate. (useful test is go only 7% pskill cd vs 7% p critical damage from AP)

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, Pleistoros said:

Everybody knows that :) JuJi made a damage test years ago...nothing has change in that matter.

" All the rings give around 15% except for the Ring of Insolence IX and the Earth Wyrm Heart Ring. The Earth Wyrm Heart Ring gives around 20%. "

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=242181

In addition to that I did some tests with my dagger (skill blood stab) and archer(normal attack) with and without Earth Wyrm ring and my conclusion is that it gives around 18% p. crit. dmg. 

I love testing so i make a test for this thread just to every1 see everything :D
Stab Damage Test, normal buff + Chant of Critical + Pom + Shadow Hunter + Mortal Strike
Without rings=1.721m
Berserker Rage Dual Skill=1.893m
Souls Ring=1.976m (Baium + QA soul have same damage so that why i type souls)
Creation Ring=1.999m
Wyrm Ring=2.062m
Tauti Ring=2.075m
+ Heart Breaker Skill=2.096m "yes was no ring on this test"

Oh i forget, was damage NPC, not mob.

So here my test, my stab have +14 Power and my weap its +12 Bloody Dual Dagger with Fire / Death / Tyrr Sas, and +15% crit damage augment
If some1 want more test just ask, if i can do it, i will do it. and will edit this post, after i test it.

Archived