Adena/Drop/Spoil BUG when being 6 LVL higher or more than monster

Okay this isn't your regular increase adena drop topic. There is the actual problem with any drop at all when in party is character that is 6 levels above monster that is killed. I've encountered the problem on aligator island doing the daily quest. NOS has level 43 and when friend who has level 49 joined the party then said monsters stopped to drop anything. No adena, no materials even spoil FAILED 10 out of 10 times. Look into this and fix it. That may be the very core of the current problem of players not having any drops at all on farming zones because then have members in party with 8 leves difference which is the cause of missing drops. I asked said friend with 49 level do leave party to determine if he was the cause of missing drops and after he left the party we started to get drops again.

I'm kindly asking a moderator to move this topic to the bug reporting section.

Edited by Aikanaro

I just noticed something, but it isnt related to monster lvl. And maybe is the problem you are having there.

Was doing FoM daily with a lvl 60 char. In the party there was a lvl 50 and the rest were 56-58. The monsters didnt drop a single adena.

But then, the lvl 50 left and the monsters started dropping adena again.  Invited the lvl 50 to party and, I left with the lvl 60 and the monsters still dropped adena.

@Hime @Juji Is this a bug or is intended for potato reason?

4 hours ago, Jugulator said:

I just noticed something, but it isnt related to monster lvl. And maybe is the problem you are having there.

Was doing FoM daily with a lvl 60 char. In the party there was a lvl 50 and the rest were 56-58. The monsters didnt drop a single adena.

But then, the lvl 50 left and the monsters started dropping adena again.  Invited the lvl 50 to party and, I left with the lvl 60 and the monsters still dropped adena.

@Hime @Juji Is this a bug or is intended for potato reason?

I had a similar experience as I recently added a BD to my party that I made as a replacement for another character. When it was 10 or 9 levels below the highest level character nothing was dropping but xp was still happening. After a few hours I had made  <500 adena with no drops and I'm pretty sure I had made the adena prior to the arrival of the BD. Now that the BD is within 8 levels everything is dropping normally now. At the time I had chocked it up to the drops being broken in general but I found it suspicious that even after hours of grinding I had made nothing..

So is there a thing that makes it so no drops occur if you have a 10 level spread in a party or something?

Edited by Tool_of_Society

i had the same thing happen to me yesterday my lvl 36 was at ct marsh way in the back while my lvl 49 wc was at the entrance of CT noo drops  mat/adena until i kicked the char from party.

Edited by HunterX

6 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I had a similar experience as I recently added a BD to my party that I made as a replacement for another character. When it was 10 or 9 levels below the highest level character nothing was dropping but xp was still happening. After a few hours I had made  <500 adena with no drops and I'm pretty sure I had made the adena prior to the arrival of the BD. Now that the BD is within 8 levels everything is dropping normally now. At the time I had chocked it up to the drops being broken in general but I found it suspicious that even after hours of grinding I had made nothing..

So is there a thing that makes it so no drops occur if you have a 10 level spread in a party or something?

I think you hit it on the head, this is a poorly documented change in the parch notes. Most of the people complaining about drops are probably boxing a buffer/healer char that is near 10 levels below or 6 levels above the average in the party. This is probably why some people are reporting abysmal drop rates bust still getting exp. While people like me don't notice because our chars in party are about the same levels. 

11 minutes ago, Wollastonit said:

Fom and wich is bugged from the update. No drop anywhere. Adena drop is fine in fom but no any drop. Material key mats anything.

It's not a bug, drop tables in that area have changed as well. Patch notes imply this was done.