Forums

Insane prices

m0da

Over the last months we have been watching the "Company" offering a few free for all events.. This was probably a result of the feedback which the "Company" was receiving from the players, but most of all i believe was a result of the diminishing community of this game.. There were 5-6 servers up and running 4-5 years ago, while there are only 2 now plus the classic servers which after an initial success, have already started to follow the same trend.. Even Naia and Cronos have roughly half the population they had 2-3 years ago..

Despite these free events, the "Company" hasn't changed its policy... They keep requesting huge amounts of real money for the valuable stuff in game.. And not only that, the prices are being increased instead of dropping..

This new brooch event for example is the most expensive i can remember... You have to pay $200 for 150 random jewels.. With the abysmal rates used by the "Company" for upgrading jewels, somebody would need about 5 such packs to just have a small chance to get a lvl. 5 jewel...

I don't even dare to calculate how many real money someone will need to get a 6-slot brooch and the price of a rare one looks like a joke.. Prices for new weapons and armors, also look insane to me..

So i have a question and i hope somebody from the "Company" responds at some point:

Is your intention to make this game available to rich people who can spend thousands of dollars each month or you believe that the players should be satisfied by being 1-shot and should just killing elpy's ignoring all of the end game?

I believe it's a legit question and although sounds rhetoric, i think it needs to be addressed...

Thanks

• Like 4

You're a "little" too late, this has been going on for almost 4 years now. Wanted pay 2 win, there it is, either pay or go away.

There is nothing that can be done anymore, if I were on NCWest's place, I'd keep pumping uber op items through the l2store as much as possible, until it's over.

Edited by mixa

Mixa please stop posting in every thread where people ask questions to Staff members, unless you work for ncwest.

This question is in place and we all want to know answer, but we want some answer from staff member not random dude who is trying to be smartass and play advocate for ncwest

• Like 9

Why do you want to see this game going 6 foot under? What m0da wrote is happening to a bloody MMO RPG. Do you understand what that even means? Why did you turn this awesome game into a browser P2W game? All of our experiences are being ruined. And if you are not responsible for this, then who is? At least provide us with your superiors email address so we can make a compeling case to them. It is not just m0da or me that has objections on how this game is being ran, but 98% of the players. Since you are not doing anything about it, could you please be so kind as to provide us with the contact information of your supervisors?

Thank you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzt111 said:

Mixa please stop posting in every thread where people ask questions to Staff members, unless you work for ncwest.

This question is in place and we all want to know answer, but we want some answer from staff member not random dude who is trying to be smartass and play advocate for ncwest

Forums are for everyone to post, if you can't handle it, contact support via ticket, there I cannot post in.

3 hours ago, mixa said:

You're a "little" too late, this has been going on for almost 4 years now. Wanted pay 2 win, there it is, either pay or go away.

There is nothing that can be done anymore, if I were on NCWest's place, I'd keep pumping uber op items through the l2store as much as possible, until it's over.

Why you are saying that i wanted pay to win, could you explain?

Your second sentence shows that you want it to be over..

7 minutes ago, m0da said:

Why you are saying that i wanted pay to win, could you explain?

Your second sentence shows that you want it to be over..

The second sentence means that it's already too late to be even hoping anything to change.

@zzt111 there is no answer to a rhetoric question.

@m0da Is your intention to make this game available to rich people who can spend thousands of dollars each month or you believe that the players should be satisfied by being 1-shot and should just killing elpy's ignoring all of the end game?

You understand that you answer you own question that in some way you already made it  rhetoric.

@ReaperGG and the rest who try not t see what happened every event. Take some example like. "WTB 16k Ncoins for 22b. No need Gift".

The same guy that shout this all day on chronos, posted here to complain that he oppend thousand of jewelry boxes and didn't got any lvl5. Right @Andouille ?

So keep paying $$$, and €€€ in game and then come here to complain about you choice.

And don't forget L2Store button is the one to blame for all the closed server's and not the price on items you buy from it.

27 minutes ago, AllCom said:

@m0da Is your intention to make this game available to rich people who can spend thousands of dollars each month or you believe that the players should be satisfied by being 1-shot and should just killing elpy's ignoring all of the end game?

You understand that you answer you own question that in some way you already made it  rhetoric.

@ReaperGG and the rest who try not t see what happened every event. Take some example like. "WTB 16k Ncoins for 22b. No need Gift".

The same guy that shout this all day on chronos, posted here to complain that he oppend thousand of jewelry boxes and didn't got any lvl5. Right @Andouille ?

So keep paying $$$, and €€€ in game and then come here to complain about you choice.

And don't forget L2Store button is the one to blame for all the closed server's and not the price on items you buy from it.

I completely agree with you.  There shouldn't even be a L2Store, but unfortunately there is. I understand that some people do not have the time to grind and need some boost from the Store but whats happening here is the other way around. Instead of having in game farm to acquire these STAT enhancing items you got the lazy version, P2W version, which enables only the 2% of the server to actually enjoy the endgame and not get one-shoted. That is why I should ask again the dear Management team here for their supervisors contact information to make a proper complain since noone is even bothered to answer at the forums and make some changes around here.

10 hours ago, zzt111 said:

Sure anyone can post anything, but instead of posting crap and spamming threads and derailing them you can look for attention in other places, like in real life, make some friends its better than posting in every thread on game forums

Wanna be my friend?

Now seriously, go cry in a corner.

10 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

@zzt111 I agree, mixa trying to speak for GMs is just annoying when we're looking for answers and defending why he has the freedom of speech to argue for the sake of argument makes matters worse.  He should have apologized.

You can try to talk Juji, but he doesn't owes you an answer. Only if he sees fit and that he actually can provide an answer.

Off topic posts like yours derail threads.

Edited by mixa

this has been discussed many times in the past before and mainly getting ignored by NC Staff as nothing will change as long as players are buying those items from l2store..

look the cold hard truth is that Korea sees NCWest as 100% cash cow to milk as in Korea the salaries / living standards are much higher then that of NA & Northern Europe but their l2store is more then 3x cheaper then ours so you can see how their business model works for them versus us ;)

all you have to do is check on youtube and you will see that Korean PVP and PVE is way more balanced as many more players have decent to good gear as l2store is way more accessible to them

NCWest is doing the Last Tango with their few remaining whales and once those are gone it's over for them. It's a fact the high price tag these days on PVP and even PVE is driving players away, it's the reason why Chronos has become 1 sided within 1 years time and Naia is the same story.

NCWest could do so much more if they would have the same pricing & l2store model as Korea.

• Like 2

check the pricing on the latest Korean store promotion and convert it back from their currency to dollars and you will see the truth.

http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=639251

btw yes those are +10 Dragon Shirts & Radiant Circlets..

google translate link:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Flineage2.plaync.com%2Fboard%2Fupdate%2Fview%3FarticleId%3D639257&sandbox=1

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

this has been discussed many times in the past before and mainly getting ignored by NC Staff as nothing will change as long as players are buying those items from l2store..

look the cold hard truth is that Korea sees NCWest as 100% cash cow to milk as in Korea the salaries / living standards are much higher then that of NA & Northern Europe but their l2store is more then 3x cheaper then ours so you can see how their business model works for them versus us ;)

all you have to do is check on youtube and you will see that Korean PVP and PVE is way more balanced as many more players have decent to good gear as l2store is way more accessible to them

NCWest is doing the Last Tango with their few remaining whales and once those are gone it's over for them. It's a fact the high price tag these days on PVP and even PVE is driving players away, it's the reason why Chronos has become 1 sided within 1 years time and Naia is the same story.

NCWest could do so much more if they would have the same pricing & l2store model as Korea.

So you're saying NCWest average salary is lower than Koreans.

But the Whales in NCWest is not your average NCWest.

Therefore:

NCWest Whales 10X times > Korean salary > NCWest salary

Thus:

Milking the Whales and f the NCWest normal human beings?

This is a highly complex situation here. NCWest should really lower the prices, seriously.

Edited by GhostintheShell

6 hours ago, AllCom said:

Yes i've said it myself in my first post, that my question sounds rhetoric, however it still stands since i want an official view on that..

I agree that people who are paying huge amounts indirectly contribute to a company's policy but it's the responsibility of the "Company" to set the policy or explain to us their view on this.. 

And in my opinion, L2 Store wouldn't be a problem if the prices in there were not insane.. We all work for a living or doing something to get a benefit and people who produce, support, develop and create the content of this nice game should also be paid for their jobs.. It wouldn't be possible for them to get paid if everyone was getting the game for free... But i repeat again, there is a difference in paying for something than giving a fortune for something..

Hello M0da and all. 

There is no need really for Philosophical discussions here. The numbers say the truth. 

Currently / Server : 200 Whales ! They spend at least $ 1000.00 a month = $ 200 K  / Month 

Currently / Server : 1500 Casual players . They spend $ 10.00 Max a month = $ 15 K / Month 

Now you tell me if you were MD of NCwest, would you care for the 1500 casual players ? I don't think so :)

Life is not fair, don't expect a pay to win game to be fair either. Just enjoy as much as you can . At the end it's Free to play ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good luck ! that post made it lot of players included me as well for as i remember 5 years now nothing change nothing will game will die very easy lot off ppl quitting more fast than anything ! and ppl who was for years in this game not niewbies etc ! the only good before was you was paying in event promo but you was winning good profits from events now as you see ppl spend 1k box to make 1 lv 5 so to make a greater jewl you need 2k boxes make 2k boxes minimum price 200m each box 

and try to farm this adena ! now events is just no events ! big rewards not earned even if you earn go sell a house to win 50 bill profit from event ! this game this update and events just destroy it ! 

2 hours ago, m0da said:

Yes i've said it myself in my first post, that my question sounds rhetoric, however it still stands since i want an official view on that..

I agree that people who are paying huge amounts indirectly contribute to a company's policy but it's the responsibility of the "Company" to set the policy or explain to us their view on this.. 

And in my opinion, L2 Store wouldn't be a problem if the prices in there were not insane.. We all work for a living or doing something to get a benefit and people who produce, support, develop and create the content of this nice game should also be paid for their jobs.. It wouldn't be possible for them to get paid if everyone was getting the game for free... But i repeat again, there is a difference in paying for something than giving a fortune for something..

l2 store is big problem imagine all classes with same gear would be a balance in gear  ???  go check links of @Draecke and after go check Euro Servers rw official and innova 

what promos and what prices and what benefits have ! ( Mammon Brooches ) No need to spend l2 store 2 times per year ( You can spend adena also ) l2 store make ppl quitting no to join more! check the history of lineage 2 from C3 Client until now All servers with l2 store dying!

2 hours ago, Free2play said:

Hello M0da and all. 

There is no need really for Philosophical discussions here. The numbers say the truth. 

Currently / Server : 200 Whales ! They spend at least $ 1000.00 a month = $ 200 K  / Month 

Currently / Server : 1500 Casual players . They spend $ 10.00 Max a month = $ 15 K / Month 

Now you tell me if you were MD of NCwest, would you care for the 1500 casual players ? I don't think so :)

Life is not fair, don't expect a pay to win game to be fair either. Just enjoy as much as you can . At the end it's Free to play ;)

Hi to you too.

The numbers usually tell the truth yes, but this is for the actual numbers, not some "guesstimates"... Unless you have some connection with the finance of NCSoft, i don't think your numbers are correct.. ;)

There aren't 200 ppl spending a thousand per month based on what i see on Naia.. I would say there are about 10-20 ppl spending a lot, and another ~10 which are making a lot of money from the game itself.. Most people are average spenders and there are also some which don't spend anything...

And as per the MD, it really depends.. Other would care for quick cash grabbing and bonus and other would care for survivability.. If you ask me, i would like to have a big customer base spending average amounts than being dependent on a few whales..

I didn't ask for fairness and ok life is not fair very often, however i am asking about what do the "Company" think about their prices..

1 hour ago, ChiChele said:

l2 store is big problem imagine all classes with same gear would be a balance in gear  ???  go check links of @Draecke and after go check Euro Servers rw official and innova 

what promos and what prices and what benefits have ! ( Mammon Brooches ) No need to spend l2 store 2 times per year ( You can spend adena also ) l2 store make ppl quitting no to join more! check the history of lineage 2 from C3 Client until now All servers with l2 store dying!

As you yourself are saying, the other regions are more balanced although they also have a store there.. So the problem is not the store but the prices in the store...

5 hours ago, Free2play said:

Hello M0da and all. 

if prices are lower, more ppl will be able to spend money, no1 have $1k to spend on a 15 year game... and even if u spend $100 u will get really low things... my math would say this...
if u could get 20 jewel box with 10 dolars, more ppl could pay 100 dolars to get 200 jewel box, and try make a few lv 4 jewels... thats would boost their char way more... today, u pay 100 dolars to get 50 jewel, that maybe u make a lv2 jewel, if u are lucky...

we get prelude to war content, but im askin, how many ppl can go to fafurion? 1 pt maybe? maybe 2? in 1 year, how this number will increase? afterall the average player not gonna pay $1k montlhy to buy stuffs, and we all know that adena/drop farm on ncwest is so nerfed, that requires atleast 3-4 years to make a dark/bloody set +10 r99...

prices could be lower, and ppl would spend more money to improve their character...

On 5/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, EmperorLeto said:

Greetings,

I would like to remind you of our forums' Code of Conduct. Please keep your posts civil, always debating the topic at hand and not each other.

Thank you!

As I expected and wanted to write sooner than this but I really do not know why I didn't, if you people continue squambling amongst youselfs they will lock the topic as they have done so in other cases. Please, stop debating with one another, we all aim to the same goal. As for you, Moderator mate, thank you for keeping us in our ethical line and not forget the Code of Conduct of our forums, but while we do that, maybe you should consider what your community is saying. Stop ignoring us, please. If you cannot I will repeat it one more time, please, be so kind as to provide us with your supervisors contact information so we might find our right with them.

Cheers

It's Hard to bare with these p2w mechanics ,but they are everywhere.I guess if prices would be lower ppl would be more willing to spend money on Ncoins but is that a solution that everyone is happy? We just recently had an event like 15th anniversary that boosted item drop rates and adena amount and by having drop rune 200% and prestige rune from subscription pack pas i was able to farm nearly 1b a day just from hitting creeps and picking up their drop. It took me 4-5 hrs a day to do it i mean thats fair i suppose but now that event has finished i am not able to do that anymore. Farming Instance is almost pointless now  as they give almost no drop anymore. All im saying L2Store can stay as i spend 100-200 squid per month on it and im happy with what im doing but there should be a way to farm adenas in game also. If we take all the ways for casuals like me enjoy the game we dont have a core game anymore and with that gone even big guys will feel it as they have to sell items they get from rbs and dragons. Who will be left to buy them? 

I'ts scary, but i guess that's reallity we have to accept.