In Response to Recent Player Feedback

Conguero

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the email survey and was happy that NCSoft is at least doing some type of outreach.  It shows that they care just a tiny bit, because the lack of communication, the 0 Adena drops, the ridiculous prices to gamble for items, and the crazy inflation is completely out of control. 

I know that a lot of people bish and moan about this game on the forums, but I see that as built-up player frustration from players that love the game and want to be heard and have been ignored

From where we sit as players, there hasn't been much listening/communication lately which always leads to the "the game will end by X date" threads.  Creating fear like that is wonderful method for a mass exodus of players.

On the other hand, I have seen past updates where the massive bot problem was (mostly) eradicated, and times where some game features improved.  But many 'updates' are mostly slanted in NCSoft's favor to gain revenue.  The last Heine fishing event in 2017 didn't force you to buy a 1, 4, or 8 hour 'buff' to get the extra xp; that event gave you that xp without further cost.  And, there was a 25% chance to get a chest in 2017 whereas the 2018 event dropped to 10%.  Did you think we wouldn't notice?  

As another wise player pointed out, getting new players is key.  Us older (and I'm from 2004) players struggle to afford the top gear due to high demand (from too many high level players) and can only sell our lower gear for pennies.  I still can't believe that I once saw a lvl5 ruby sell for $5b in one week then 3 weeks later it cost $30b.  I'm sure it is higher now.

Thanks for reading this, NCSoft, if you actually did read it.

And where were the desire to improve the game ... they added many jewels and when you buy a lot you are all scattered .- removed many rewards of the "herocoins" and did not add anything new ... we have to do so that we really listen..

The prices of this event are too high.

On ‎5‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Conguero said:

We’ve gathered some common feedback, questions, and suggestions we’ve been seeing from players recently, including in response to the Salvation feedback poll conducted in January, and pulled out a couple of overarching topics we’d like to address here. There are obviously several other topics that the community wants to see discussed and we plan to continue to follow up with you. We’re regularly reading and considering your feedback, and appreciate you sharing it with us!

L2 Store Promotions

A common criticism we see from you relates to L2 Store promotions. While the base Lineage II experience is free-to-play, you can choose to speed up character advancement with items purchased on the store. We’re taking steps to improve how events and promotions are rolled out to players, with a more consistent rotation of free in-game events—such as the recent Oriana’s Lucky Draw event—that give players opportunities to obtain powerful items that are ordinarily found more rarely in RNG boxes.

In addition to integrating more free events, we plan to better space out store promotions of new items so as not to overwhelm players who choose to spend. For instance, looking back at the recent three-month lineup of Circlets of Power, Zodiac Agathions, and Ancient Kingdom Cloaks offered on the store, we acknowledge that this an aggressive schedule. Store promotions will continue to be a regular feature of Lineage II, but we want to be more careful to rotate recurring promotions with those that introduce new items. And with free in-game events blended into a more consistent cadence, we feel that it’ll bring balance to the overall promotion schedule.

We’re always evaluating how shop items or upgrade materials are obtained, as well as how players are responding to the latest promotions and events. We of course want these promotions to be successful, and it’s important that you feel justified when investing in any significant character improvement efforts.

EXP Gains

We know some of you are anxious to further your character’s advancement in Lineage II, and something we see commonly is a desire to more easily progress past Lv. 105. Because there isn’t content to support an increased level cap, climbing past 105 is currently designed to be intentionally challenging. Ultimately we want to ensure that dedicated players are able to reach Lv. 105 if they haven’t already, and the Heine Fishing Expedition and bonus EXP Server Setting are frequently enabled to help players accomplish this goal. For those of you who want to climb beyond Lv. 105, that day will come!

There are also a decent number of players who pay attention to the Korean version of the game and have requested the speedy 1–85 alt advancement system that they’ve added. We’re considering ways to bring this to the North American version, but don’t have specific plans to announce at this time.

Keep it Coming!

By no means is this post intended to provide the final word on these subjects, and we hope to continue the dialog with you on additional topics as well. It’s understandable that some changes may feel slow to come, but we also want you to know that we’re committed to continuing to work to do what’s best for the game and its community. With that in mind, we plan to share our Lineage II Roadmap for the remainder of 2018 with you soon.

On a final note, in the near future anyone who has at least one Lv. 85+ character on your account will be emailed a survey that will help us report additional feedback to the development team. You should make sure you’re opted in to receive emails from NCSOFT via your account settings and complete the survey. We’d appreciate it!

Cheers,

The Lineage II Team

@ conguero

what L2 needs is a new development team....and not some greedy arseholes who wants to drive a Ferrari

what start a few years ago in l2store...at 50 dollars...year after same thing was 100 dollars...year after that 150....till now ...a bleeping 300 dollars....where does the greed end?

also...look at the latest star wars game....even from the usa ...the eu said..."those loot boxes is gambling"....and not allowed......maybe we should point out l2 to the eu and forced l2 to change things

L2 is still a wonderfull game but greed is taking over

On 4/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, WinterFresh said:

No matter how much they Take from your wallets the Game still sucks..

yep the true is that nothing work, all ruined event are garbage sorry is the true, exp open world is garbage, drop is garbage, fun 10%, pvp exclusive for $$, and items so what more? when close servers?

15 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

If you guys really think things are that bad, why are you still here?  Go do something fun with your lives.

People from my generation (and most players seem to be) remember times when one would try to fix broken things before they throw them out ;-)

Also, nostalgia, we played L2 when we were young so it brings back memories of good times.

Oh, for sure, I'd love to see an effort to fix the game!  But calling NCSoft greedy because they are trying to maximize profits and asking when the servers will be closed are hardly productive ways to make that happen.  If we want to have a positive conversation about how to improve/save the game, I'm all for it.  I have tons of suggestions.  My concern is that NCSoft isn't interested in having such a conversation.  Posts like the ones above, if they do anything at all, make such a conversation even less likely.  Why would NCSoft even bother answering comments that call them names and ask when the game is being shut down?  

On 24/5/2018 at 5:42 PM, GentlemanJim said:

If you guys really think things are that bad, why are you still here?  Go do something fun with your lives.

that thing of farm longs month or years for items old fashioned.  if no pay a lot of money to have 0 pvp. anyway no drops no way to pay because if u pay u dont have fun anyway so the game is broken and no one update can fix that model of  $$$$$$ fail

On ‎25‎. ‎05‎. ‎2018 at 6:49 PM, GentlemanJim said:

.  Why would NCSoft even bother answering comments that call them names and ask when the game is being shut down?  

Let see it with item witch cost way less than some people invest in this game.

When you buy a car one of many things you want to know until when company that made a car will be still on and until when car spare parts will be still for sale.

Just normal info customer want to know about item he buy like predicted life time, warranty, service and spare parts.

5 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

Let see it with item witch cost way less than some people invest in this game.

When you buy a car one of many things you want to know until when company that made a car will be still on and until when car spare parts will be still for sale.

Just normal info customer want to know about item he buy like predicted life time, warranty, service and spare parts.

Then go buy a car, this is virtual goods, that can be taken off you anytime, without any prior notice. There is no warranty, today it's here, tomorrow it isn't.

As the things are going, you'll be seeing the farewell messages by this time next year.

Agree as is now. 

We also click on each log in on agreement that we don't buy items or services but we pay privilege to use them in game.

But things can change.

Already now exist big market where one can buy or sell intellectual propriety for virtual environment like avatar models, skins, pics ect

With 30$ monthly subscription seem normal to take off without any notice.

But on bigger amounts thing might change and does not matter if we talk of virtual world.

For example try to explain owners of eterium or bitcoin that blockchain system will be taken off without any warranty and notice.

This already happended in Ecuador, Bolivia and Bangla Desh:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

Bitcoin and Lineage 2 items both follow the pattern of the Dutch tulip mania of the 1630s:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
The difference is that while tulip bulbs are really existing objects and an inverstor could have taken them to Batavia or New Amsterdam, trying to sell them to the colonists there, L2 items are bound to the server. When NCWest shuts down its operations, your equipment simply vanishes into empty air. You can't even take it along to an Innova server, not to mention ArcheAge or any other game. They don't have Retributers in Counterstrike.

Since the shutting down of the game is inevitable - so far nothing and nobody on this planet has survived life - you should always remember that anything you purchase from the L2Store is just for temporary enjoyment. A lvl 5 Brooch Jewel is basically like a glass of beer - you can drink it alone in your room, getting a certain buzz out of it, or have fun with friends in a pub, but after an hour or two it will be converted into urine and literally go down the drain. And that's not talking about the headaches you get from excessive drinking resp. video gaming, or the remorse you will feel over money frivolously wasted away :D

As i said this is as is now but who know how future virtual words will work.

Owners of cryptocurrency in mentioned countries had for sure time to adapt before new law was applied and they can still  move to another country and use their wallets there.

I had in mind case if blockchain go off worldwide what would be similar to L2 items bound on an server.

Now similar thing already happened.

I had subscription paid for 6 month because was little cheaper and when NC soft decided to go on pay to win model I got remaining months of paid subscription calculated in NCoin on my account.

Same will happen in future if server go down.

Of course Aio don't have retributers too but you can use Ncoins in NCsoft games

I don't know is allowed to post a link for another game.

But game witch have warranty that you get value of items you posses in game paid on your bank account if things go wrong and servers go off already exist.

Its true that you will not get market value but value of NPC shop but is still something.

No direct link witch might be forbidden but here is Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropia_Universe

Btw they take and enforce rules of conduct seriously, is not like L2.

Fixing this game is easy, they just don't listen or care for their customer

Most of us said price were overpriced on events, yet they put even more expensive events and OP items

PVP is dead because of the simple fact people can't compete if they don't spend thousand of dollars every year, or either found a good business in L2 (few people)

Since its all virtuals goods, it cost nothing for NC to put cheaper stuff in store, more people would spend money so more competition will rise. 

or you know what? Make a real event like pre GOD where you participate and get decent reward for you'r work. This will bring happiness and more activity and faith on NCSOFT.

This is just my 2 cent. i know they don't care :P 

On 3/6/2018 at 4:11 AM, iAndouille said:

Fixing this game is easy, they just don't listen or care for their customer

Most of us said price were overpriced on events, yet they put even more expensive events and OP items

PVP is dead because of the simple fact people can't compete if they don't spend thousand of dollars every year, or either found a good business in L2 (few people)

Since its all virtuals goods, it cost nothing for NC to put cheaper stuff in store, more people would spend money so more competition will rise. 

or you know what? Make a real event like pre GOD where you participate and get decent reward for you'r work. This will bring happiness and more activity and faith on NCSOFT.

This is just my 2 cent. i know they don't care :P 

++++++

- All items that influence the pvp should be possible to make more in-game, PVP Sets, Covers, Brooch, Belts, Raid, Dragon Weapons. Today only a few have the slightest chance of having them, unless of course you invest a lot of money in the game, but the reality is that money does not always go to NCSoft, but to other players who sell items and adena. Rely exclusively on L2Store to buy items with a 0.000001% chance of coming up with something that really is usable demotivating. Today every dollar invested in NCSoft the "smart" earn 3 or 4 dollars in the sale of items and adena.

- Thinking about PVP is currently impossible, only in 2 or 3 years to be able to have equipment and at least not die of 1 hit gets too discouraged.
Staying in a repetitive PVE is tiring, every day the same thing, I feel like practicing like a bot, repeating, repeating, repeating .... In another game "similar" the PVE is much more interesting, with very funny rewards, Lineage has a huge world but few areas are used, put those areas to encourage the PVE where you have rewards that are worth, I believe it was a new breath for the players.

- The definition of dead server is when 1 or 2 clans dominate everything, castles, raids, etc ... Make the game easier to have competition, or facilitating the conquest of items, or withdrawing the power of several items to balance the pvp . Currently the top items only serve to move the clandestine market of sale among the players.
Using the same rule that does not allow registered clans on the same side can not fight each other, should be expanded so that clans registered in a certain castle could not fight other clans registered in another castle, and even unregistered clans could fight in no siege zone.

- The Bot is used because it is necessary to dedicate more than 12 hours a day in the game, who has this time? few, really few, because most uses sim bot to do the dull task of repeating day after day instances, field farm, daily quest. There will only be a reduction in the use of bots when they are not advantageous, and for the most part they are used for the sale of adena for real money, so the reduction of bots only strengthened the bot market, since using 7 or 8 computers generates a considerable amount in adena, you can make drop instances virtually alone.

- Lineage 2 is an excellent game, has excellent dynamics, but NCSoft has been burning the game, making P2W compulsory instead of being a boost for players.

- The vast majority of players today play in 3 or 4 people, using box for disadvantaged classes, such as iss, tank, etc ... so if they are to play in 7, which would take 1 year to conquer (items and level) doubles the time to reach the goals, could include individual rewards for each class in the game activities, as in instances each party member would receive a decent drop, the "strengthening" of the players as a whole would bring a good result, making the game more competitive...

- My first Valakas took 12 hours to die, it is unthinkable today to see that in 2 or 3 minutes is dead ... what should be the biggest challenge of the game today is banal!

- L2Store considerably cheaper would bring greater turnover.

I think NCSoft should remember that Lineage 2 might be the profession of you guys who devote several hours to building and maintaining, but for the players it should be fun. I believe that most players today are over 21 years old, that is, they must have work, girlfriend or wife, children, and they continue trying to stay within the universe of lineage 2 because it is a very good game, it is missing maybe the game adapts the reality of who is no more 15 years old and all the free time he had before. Or of course, players can migrate to private pvp servers and have their 2 or 3 hours of daily fun ... but I do not think that would be good for the company.

PS: I used google translator to write this.

I came back just to see what was going on.. and just had to LOL NCsoft really.. I was in a GC lower doing 300 mobs and our party was made up of 101 Plus toons, we get a morning star member I won't name the toon but it was an archer, and he was doing some amazing damage to the mobs I was so impressed. He basically was carrying our party for a while , I asked him to link his red bow - +13 and some awesome stuff added to it. Now I know for a fact that this dude or chick or IT either put out some amazing $$$ cha ching or his clan really helped him out getting that blood bow , and armor. I don't blame him for making an excuse that his SShots were not working to leave our poorly geared group.. but this really needs to be addressed ASAP for us toons that don't have stuff like that. what good is it going to be if we are under geared heading to 105 Plus Content and we can't even kill stuff -"really wanted to say Sh*it". come on people we need a fix here in this game. 

I think u should do the game more friendly for new players. at this moment the game is so hard to get gear, even Twilight, in a easy way (yes I know all get paulina R armor at lvl 85, but u understand the point). 

this is the only Ncsoft game that are so unfriendly with new and returning players. 

I've been playing here from 2011 and im tired to invite friends to play lineage 2 and they leave in few months. I know another NCsoft games and I understand this. and its important a game get new players all the time for stay alive Lineage 2, or more popular.

if new players come to play, they found a game that almost no drop on instances, no adena on quest, all equipement u need to buy to other players, or get materials. but when u get it, u already reach the next equipement lvl. so the gear u did or bought is useless. 

22 hours ago, SummerSpice said:

I came back just to see what was going on.. and just had to LOL NCsoft really.. I was in a GC lower doing 300 mobs and our party was made up of 101 Plus toons, we get a morning star member I won't name the toon but it was an archer, and he was doing some amazing damage to the mobs I was so impressed. He basically was carrying our party for a while , I asked him to link his red bow - +13 and some awesome stuff added to it. Now I know for a fact that this dude or chick or IT either put out some amazing $$$ cha ching or his clan really helped him out getting that blood bow , and armor. I don't blame him for making an excuse that his SShots were not working to leave our poorly geared group.. but this really needs to be addressed ASAP for us toons that don't have stuff like that. what good is it going to be if we are under geared heading to 105 Plus Content and we can't even kill stuff -"really wanted to say Sh*it". come on people we need a fix here in this game. 

This......

My best guess is that they do not have any "long term plans" for lineage2.

Probably just seeing how long it will survive in its current rate.

Back when i started it had like 4-5 servers, now only 2 left soon. This is only in the span of 3 years.

Not to mention, that despite i that i have geared up and i am much stronger than before, the distance between me and top geared players has grown even more.

getting hit for 700k dmg by topgear players is not fun when there is no foreseeable future in where i can get the topgear at this rate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree NCSoft doesn't care any more.  Their lack of responsiveness to their customers here proves that.  What I don't understand is why?  L2 was, and has the potential to again be, a terrific game that makes players happy and, at the same time, makes money for NCSoft.  Why on earth would they throw that away?  The players want to save it (well, perhaps except for mixa, who seems to be rooting for it to die).  Why doesn't NCSoft?

of course they are is nothing left in game we cant farm rb instance like tautis istina octavis etc cause is pointless there is at least 20++ in ah with low prices and this cause of events in l2store like ring of creation and the source of emperor its pointless for 1 clan to fight another clan for dragons cause exept from dragon fragment only claws left which soon will be in l2 store ppl quits fights cause they know that they will maoe adena or drop them from events so there is nothing clans to fight anymore they can make pve to lvl up their hero and play olympiad nothing else matters now 

@DurinsBane

https://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-and-dota-2-trading-disabled-in-the-netherlands-after-loot-box-crackdown/

If you can trade loot box rewards = gambling = illegal

@all

How business work:

When the amount of customers (players) decreases the prices go up.

That's why events are more and more expensive.

Clueless people think that when player base decreases game companies will decrease prices to lure new and old players back.

Nope. Not how things work.

If and only if they realize that they have to accept significant profit decrease for some years they have a chance to survive in the long run.

Otherwise the cycle of population decrease and price increase will keep repeating itself until whales can't afford it any more.

These days the most profitable games are the most popular. And to be a popular game you need to be actually f2p. Zero iBuyPower.

Best example: Fortnite. Zero cost and for 15 $ you get a ton of cosmetics per season.

Archived