In Response to Recent Player Feedback

Conguero

43 minutes ago, Aaliyah said:

the assessment is wrong. those loot boxes contains skins that have rl money value. that is what is considered gambling. in l2 our items have zero rl money value outside the game or at least that is what the agreement is saying. from this pov it is not considered gambling. it is also not required from you to gamble to  play the game so... l2 doesn't qualify for this either. you have to understand that some states in the u.s. already prohibit gambling like this for certain age and if this was considered gambling it would have been investigated long ago.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're talking about different things which have no connection to each other.

loot boxes have been deemed illegal because the loot can be traded outside those games. they have a value outside the game. play those games and you will understand what i'm saying. they worth money. by the law it was gambling and since these types of game including l2 can run without a gambling license they deemed them illegal. if you  read the link you posted you can see valve's response. they didn't remove them, they made them untradable because the loot boxes do not break the law if the items acquired  from them are not tradable. simple as that they solved the problem on their end. the loot boxes ingame are not really considered gambling because you always get one of the promised items and this is why you can still find them there after the adjustment.

u.s. as a whole no but you should know there are states in the u.s. where they do outlaw online gambling. each state is free to have their own laws regarding this.

that's totally another animal when you mention china and chances. loot boxes being legal or illegal in netherlands has nothing to do with displaying chances. now that loot boxes are back to being legal because valve's goods from boxes can't be traded in netherlands, do you see any chances displayed? no. you're talking about different things and you mix them together. i agree that it would be nice to have such law  as well or even prohibit any kind of chancing to people under certain age or  considering chancing of any kind with real money being gambling but we are far from having them as laws for now.

Since the beginning of this year NCKorea is obliged to display chances (which they do in a well-hidden place). The last Freya event was before the legal situation changed, but you can get a general impression of the chances here:
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/shopAnnouncement/468?pageIndex=1 (Korean)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2140#p38128 (English)

Those events all work according to the same principle - first the preselection of a reward category (Dragon's Relic Box or Shining Dragon's Relic Box resp. Freya's Card or Sirra's Card), then the final selection of a reward from that category.

tl;dr:
Gambling - don't do it!

I believe such a forum post wasnt needed at all.Just giving people false hope right? We know you aint stupid and so do we.You fully know all the current problems ingame, every each one about exp drops everything.You know for a long time the issues but u just dont care.You are mere childs for gms who pretend to care, you wont do anything anymore.People have made such powerful suggestions about how this game can become PERFECT but.. You dont care :).Delete this post and cut the pretending crap

Players aren't better. And they should be. The game is old so are players. They have had the time to consider the results of their greed.

I remember screenshots from clans who were farming QA. Warehouses full with QA. They wouldn't sell them because they wanted to maintain status and make real money too.

People like me just quit and come visit the game one per year. Why stay in a game where in order to compete you need to lose your life or spend considerable amounts of money on each event?

Legend in H/S

Diamond in LoL

Started Fortnite recently too (ranking top 6 all the time)

On a side note: I just read the patch notes. They removed vorpal drops from zaken - Way to go NCWest make the game herder for those who are basically content. Making f2p and low spending players leave, eventually makes spenders leave too.

Give us reason to stay in this game.

"(...) and it’s important that you feel justified when investing in any significant character improvement efforts."

Freya's Bags. If only had I known the rate for Freya's Cards to be this low I would have sold my bags instead of opening them. I have a consistent participation in gambling events throughout my accounts when they fit my bills but the fact the rate of these cards weren't disclosed disappointed me like no other event ever before. So, yeah, here's my feedback: I didn't feel justified. At all.

Archived