Forums

In Response to Recent Player Feedback

Conguero

I as an old Lineage player and passionate about the game, I would like to leave my vision and opinion too. The crux of the problem is the acquisition of ADENA, this is more than clear to all players. You can make it to lvl 99 without the need for big teams, strong weapons, strong sets. But from then on the unevenness is absurd. Lets think, what does it take to get adena after lvl 97? The only answer is instance! And what do you need to make the really compensatory instances to acquire adena? An example Tauit: Either you kill a lot of people with weak / medium teams or you centralize on few people with strong equipment. So I ask, how can a player with weak / medium teams get adena in this way? only having more than 20 online friends simultaneously, something totally derisory. Lineage currently needs zones that bring adena to its players without the need to have very big partys. I have to have the ability to get myself adena without depending on anyone. Look at the example of Kartia Solo, do not drop 1 item, a miserable item. Just ask one thing, make it easier to buy adena for small partys and alone players.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a really old player in lineage (from c1) and recently returned to the game after 2 years absence. After 4 months playing I’m ready to quit again. I know that NCSoft is not a nonprofit organization but whoever is the decision maker needs to be replaced asap. In order to have a profitable mmorpg game, you have to invest on players. Without players there is no game, final. I know there are people bitching about not having to do enough at 105 lvl when they spent $20-50k on their char, but really how many are those people 100? 200? That is nothing compared to the population of a healthy mmorpg server. So what you need to do? Simple, bring new people to server, give them a motive to join lineage2 community and the most crucial make them stay. How you do it? I’ll just give you some hints.

Low lvl events <99 with rewards that are not cashable and don’t have to do only with fast xp gain (pvp tournaments lvl based, drop/spoil/craft for low lvl items etc)

Adjust epic bosses stats (it’s just ridiculous seeing a solo char taking down valakas in few secs, with 48 dead chars needed just to tp).

Be really careful with the overpower NcStore items that make some chars almost gods in game.

I know that professional farming almost destroyed the game and you had to minimize drop rate and actually antena that were made inside the game, but the same time you created a huge gap for old and new players. The only way a new player can be competitive right now is by buying under the table with real money toons and equipment from quitting players.  So the only way to minimize this gap is by making top lvls loose ingame adena and new players make adena. How you do that? Just ban some toons bought with real money. A good idea is to make low lvl epic bosses’s more interesting by giving value to their drops and by making their instances need large number of active players.  

Finally the secret of success in not making money from 100 players that spend $50k in gear but from 10.000 players that spend $100. The player that spent $50k to create a toon, he will sell it again to another player when he quits. The player that spent $100-500 doesn’t care and he will just leave it when he quits, so the new player will give his money to NcSoft not to another guy under the table.

4 hours ago, OldCost said:

I am a really old player in lineage (from c1) and recently returned to the game after 2 years absence. After 4 months playing I’m ready to quit again. I know that NCSoft is not a nonprofit organization but whoever is the decision maker needs to be replaced asap. In order to have a profitable mmorpg game, you have to invest on players. Without players there is no game, final. I know there are people bitching about not having to do enough at 105 lvl when they spent $20-50k on their char, but really how many are those people 100? 200? That is nothing compared to the population of a healthy mmorpg server. So what you need to do? Simple, bring new people to server, give them a motive to join lineage2 community and the most crucial make them stay. How you do it? I’ll just give you some hints.

Low lvl events <99 with rewards that are not cashable and don’t have to do only with fast xp gain (pvp tournaments lvl based, drop/spoil/craft for low lvl items etc)

Adjust epic bosses stats (it’s just ridiculous seeing a solo char taking down valakas in few secs, with 48 dead chars needed just to tp).

Be really careful with the overpower NcStore items that make some chars almost gods in game.

I know that professional farming almost destroyed the game and you had to minimize drop rate and actually antena that were made inside the game, but the same time you created a huge gap for old and new players. The only way a new player can be competitive right now is by buying under the table with real money toons and equipment from quitting players.  So the only way to minimize this gap is by making top lvls loose ingame adena and new players make adena. How you do that? Just ban some toons bought with real money. A good idea is to make low lvl epic bosses’s more interesting by giving value to their drops and by making their instances need large number of active players.  

Finally the secret of success in not making money from 100 players that spend $50k in gear but from 10.000 players that spend $100. The player that spent $50k to create a toon, he will sell it again to another player when he quits. The player that spent $100-500 doesn’t care and he will just leave it when he quits, so the new player will give his money to NcSoft not to another guy under the table.

I ll say again some of the stuff that ncsoft must do  in order to atract some new players and keep some old ones...

1) Drop l2store prices 3 times.

2)Create areas where someone can solo farm adena/drops

3)Make oly interesting again.Some ideas for this is a)the top 10 class chars get a very good reward each month  b)put in oly matches fight, chars with +/- 5 points diference 

4)Make sieges interesting again.  Some ideas for this is a)no clan wars can start during siege   b)a great reward must be for the clans that hold a castle  c)good reward for the players that participate in siege.

5)Make lvl up easier so the gap between players disapear

6)Put away all the lvl up event like fishing.Exp must be gained with farming.

7)Put a pvp system on where player will have to pvp to gain some adena/items 

Then you ll have a live game again and great income to ncsoft and great fun to all like me that love l2.

I really can't understand what you're waiting for In order to do something for the people in this game, you've made a post considering the future of Lineage 2 and In like 5 days only 28 people have replied to it. Isn't that the biggest proof that people are being forced to delete the game by all those p2w "Events"-"Flash Sales" ? I agree 100% that you are a company and you need an income to keep running but you've burned the forest and are looking after some trees, until you realise that only 200 people are there trying to fight each others ego. Give chances to new people to be competitive to other mid geared people because covering the gap you made between people with 7 brooch br's in a single party is never gonna be fixed. (Even that brooch br's that can be used one after another is another parody which was created and dunno why) The XP table as it is , is pretty nice people can do some things and in few months can get 104-105 if they play in a schedule. Try to get the money you need by creating things that are accessible to mid range players without destroying the top grade ones. There are many people myself included that are trying to be competitive but we don't allow ourselves to spend 500$ a month just to get something which costs 40-50b which won't make any difference   in siegegrounds or pvp because we get 1-2 shots. I've been playing Lineage 2 for the last 12 years and In all the updates and the chronicles there were people with top gear which were powerful but you could still hit and pvp them, nowadays you just wait for the 1st aoe and a party is wiped, brooches,circlets,cloaks,agathions have really made a gap which won't be able to be covered until you decide to do something about it. You're considering what to do now that you have created this because in one way or another people are gonna leave , if you low prices of p2w people who have invested thousands of dollars will be pissed so you're gonna lose somepeople as well. Anyhow, please be openminded work a lot and let people come back to the server in order to have fun because eventually there will be no point in even participating in those events even for the people who have paid thousands of $.

P.S:  To all of the people who are desperate for adena inside the game there are ways to get adena with quests,olympiad,farming,fishing but its time consuming and requires like 10-12 hrs gameplay a day. But still you would need 3 or more years of headbanging on the computer for 10 hrs a day to get mid geared.
Thanks for doing the survey. I hope that you are gonna do something this time because things are bad.

The reason why there are so few people posting in this thread is that the more perspicacious players know that nothing will change. By following the news from Korea we know that the drop rates will not be increased. We know that there are still dozens of pay-to-win promotional items all ready coded in the client files and just waiting to be turned on by Neutron:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1070-and-the-next-p2w-event-is-3142018/?tab=comments#comment-7833
(the discussion continues on the following page)

Apart from that, few people among the player base really question the fundamental principles set up by the developers. Nobody questions the wisdom of closing the level gap by boosting everybody to 105. An alternative approach would be to introduce aging mechanics, a character losing one point of STR, CON etc. with each level he or she gains after 76, just like in real life.
Nobody questions the wisdom of closing the item gap by making Brooch Jewels etc. available to the general population through repeated promotions. An alternative approach would be to delete the accounts of the current Brooch owners under some pretext - impoliteness, loitering with intent, whatever.

Nobody wants that, least of all NCsoft, simply because it would not fit into their business model. The current poll is just a variation on the old theme. Posts like this one of mine are just a waste of time (at the moment I have a bit of time to waste :P ).

4 hours ago, AshleyCheryLL said:

P.S:  To all of the people who are desperate for adena inside the game there are ways to get adena with quests,olympiad,farming,fishing but its time consuming and requires like 10-12 hrs gameplay a day. But still you would need 3 or more years of headbanging on the computer for 10 hrs a day to get mid geared.

You are correct, took me +/- 3 years to finally buy the weapon I wanted... and I managed to do it only because many people are now leaving and the prices went down ;-)

I wonder how much time I'm gonna need to get better armor xD

On 5/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, Draecke said:

so who did all receive that survey email this week ? was that send to all players that subscribed to newsletter or ?

just curious was in it as I didn't receive it on any of my accounts and I've been hearing a few things but nothing concrete :/

They know your oppinion @Draecke so they do not need to ask, xD

On 5.04.2018 at 7:00 PM, Conguero said:

We’ve gathered some common feedback, questions, and suggestions we’ve been seeing from players recently, including in response to the Salvation feedback poll conducted in January, and pulled out a couple of overarching topics we’d like to address here. There are obviously several other topics that the community wants to see discussed and we plan to continue to follow up with you. We’re regularly reading and considering your feedback, and appreciate you sharing it with us!

L2 Store Promotions

A common criticism we see from you relates to L2 Store promotions. While the base Lineage II experience is free-to-play, you can choose to speed up character advancement with items purchased on the store. We’re taking steps to improve how events and promotions are rolled out to players, with a more consistent rotation of free in-game events—such as the recent Oriana’s Lucky Draw event—that give players opportunities to obtain powerful items that are ordinarily found more rarely in RNG boxes.

In addition to integrating more free events, we plan to better space out store promotions of new items so as not to overwhelm players who choose to spend. For instance, looking back at the recent three-month lineup of Circlets of Power, Zodiac Agathions, and Ancient Kingdom Cloaks offered on the store, we acknowledge that this an aggressive schedule. Store promotions will continue to be a regular feature of Lineage II, but we want to be more careful to rotate recurring promotions with those that introduce new items. And with free in-game events blended into a more consistent cadence, we feel that it’ll bring balance to the overall promotion schedule.

We’re always evaluating how shop items or upgrade materials are obtained, as well as how players are responding to the latest promotions and events. We of course want these promotions to be successful, and it’s important that you feel justified when investing in any significant character improvement efforts.

EXP Gains

We know some of you are anxious to further your character’s advancement in Lineage II, and something we see commonly is a desire to more easily progress past Lv. 105. Because there isn’t content to support an increased level cap, climbing past 105 is currently designed to be intentionally challenging. Ultimately we want to ensure that dedicated players are able to reach Lv. 105 if they haven’t already, and the Heine Fishing Expedition and bonus EXP Server Setting are frequently enabled to help players accomplish this goal. For those of you who want to climb beyond Lv. 105, that day will come!

There are also a decent number of players who pay attention to the Korean version of the game and have requested the speedy 1–85 alt advancement system that they’ve added. We’re considering ways to bring this to the North American version, but don’t have specific plans to announce at this time.

Keep it Coming!

By no means is this post intended to provide the final word on these subjects, and we hope to continue the dialog with you on additional topics as well. It’s understandable that some changes may feel slow to come, but we also want you to know that we’re committed to continuing to work to do what’s best for the game and its community. With that in mind, we plan to share our Lineage II Roadmap for the remainder of 2018 with you soon.

On a final note, in the near future anyone who has at least one Lv. 85+ character on your account will be emailed a survey that will help us report additional feedback to the development team. You should make sure you’re opted in to receive emails from NCSOFT via your account settings and complete the survey. We’d appreciate it!

Cheers,

The Lineage II Team

nice but i think the real problem is the lack of new people in the game. 

Example.

naia: 3000 player online 

half or more its box acc 

http://l2.laby.fr/status/

This is real problem, you fix it i dont now how !!  maby merge. 

Poor ppl... merge is not panacea. Top geared will join DH. But what they farm in future? Like other mobs only. So no need waste money for pvp sets))).

Why?

Atm we don't have items to opposite Dragon weapons. (Celestial can be canceled by brooches.) So they will obtain hero by queque like now. As I said before non-obtainable by game process items is root of evil (bring back adena drop by xN-runes for low levels). Ok, we have some stupid quest where we should to kill bosses what are permanently dead; we have extremaly hight prices in-store (ok, keep it, but noone will spend soon); all game content in this localisation designed to grab our money but not for fun.

Why I still play l2 and no atother games?

I like dark fantasy design. Old lineage had it. Now shity dragon weapons design looks like kids stuff. I'll definetely quit that sht when they bring wings for players (Angelic jewelry already scare me). At this moment I'm thinking about some brake. I know my even not super boost become crap when I'll be back but I don't want invest in this game more money cause don't have fun feedback.

Why? For the last year I spent more than 2k $ to boost my toons because of low online and I should play in windows. I remember the times when u shout in catacombs and receive exp party invitation in few min. Now need overboost if u want to be invited in Astatin. No locations between 99-102 for solo players like me. I'm bored to do kama/kartia/cc/bay day by day for poor exp. Why u do not revise instances? From 97 to 99 cc/bay with kartia 95 are preaty cool. If u have brain/passes/vitality +freya scrolls - it takes 5 days. Ofc for superion farmers it's about one day. 1st option is expansive for newbies, second is - very expansive.

If u think I will stay on hb for years, I say "No". If u think I will spend 300 usd for reach 103-104 by fishing, I say "No" (I'd rather buy pve weapon). Now I will focus at low level experience by each class. Why? Cause for low levels in-store exists paulina sets and they are enough to have fun. Lifehack for my toon (everery which curently farm and enjoy) is paulina jewelry from 30days R set (I have augmented epics and don't want move them). For all instances until 99 it is ok. U did not gave for us time-limited gear(even not plane this) to be effective even against mobs 100+..

All games evolve to more casual. In few years kids can become payable part of community. Not invest in future is madness. Why u don't understand no one normal man will not spend 20k $ in our times at start in new game.. I would like better to buy boosters(like limited time abudance lvl1(even no 4th for ballance)/7sins/jew.paks) for all my toons every month  for $20 and most of old and new ppl will do this. With a time it become casual spending. But you are still moving wrong way.. 

PS. 

Great idea for you. It's for free and nobody look at that, but I have to say. 

Wanted introduce dragon weapons? -> Add reward like dragon claws as reward to Rush. Also I want farm instanced Lindvior and took claws for him too. Why not? That was designed like instance. From 2 bosses 2 times per month = 4 claws (If u wanted make it random chance, should did it earlier). Mb some events after 6 monts of this farm. It's the best way.

PPS.

I don't care about 105. When exp tables will be rebuilded, they become 106-107. Now 106 need x100 experience of 105. It's artifical wall before new content will be added. Ppl, who already finished their gear setup, get rest and back with updates.

In the past I was very critical towards the ncwest management to the point that I caught 7 bans.

I have not figured out, yet, if it was because I posted, all 7 times, the prices on l2 4 game or because I dared to say, all 7 times, that buying accounts of players who stopped playing in here is a violation of the end user agreement.
I allow myself to give you a little suggestion, without wanting to be presumptuous.
Since the problem is the continuous loss of players that forces you to practice prices that are not absurd but crazy and no one, not even an heroine slizzard, will think to spend that much, why, for a month, do not try to reduce them by 90%?

eg a 75 jewelry boxes pack should be worth 15$ not 150$. To spend 150$ on a dlc for a videogame is out of this world.
If the players won't respond positively you can still recover the money in the next event and in the future ones.
If, on the other hand, they respond positively by returning to play, and they will, you will understand where the real mistake is.

Have a nice day.

@BmDPrivate servers last a month then die slow just to move to the next new server to do it all over again. willing to spend 1000 every new server just to have it cleaned and deleted afterwards? No thanks, Id rather put the money on retail and know that if I do leave and want to come back my investment is there. Just my 2cents after spending years jumping from server to server chasing that 5k online rush. 

The market situation is the best indicator of what is going on. Is there anything else to say?

Prestige pack update made me glad I cancelled all my PP subscriptions a month before that. The game is trash, glaring inconsistencies of how the gameplay is designed with Korean national servers in mind, the community is close to nonexistent by now, and the only remaining ones are degenerates PKing level 40-50 characters, even when not having a cursed weapon. I guess that's because you can't find people anywhere outside the 4 hour long peak time (which also overlaps with CoC and Oly).

Oh, and did I mention that the last maintenance now causes semi-regular DCs for some of the logged in characters for no reason? I consulted with my friends playing from Brazil, France, Hungary etc., it is the same everywhere (applies to all 3 servers and the dimensional one).

I would like to continue afking in this game, seeing how I might earn some adena or XP if I ever get an offer to come back, but it is really hard when once AGAIN NCw is diligently kicking me out, a few characters each few hours. I hope everyone enjoys their 50k USD characters that can't even be sold since nobody can actually play here, no matter how hard they try.

@Conguero ur post gave me some hope, I wish u do some improvement to make this game more playable. Just let players get some drop instead of modify scrolls, let mobs drop some adena (atleast make them worth to spend ssr/bssr) and as you pointed make some better schedule with events and it is ok. L2 store prices are not pushing players to quit game, drop nerf does. And l2 store discount will be best for p2w players at all, and mb some mid tier players. But drops will be fine for all kind of players. Don't be afraid to let mobs/bosses drop somethings instead of useless modify scrolls. I m believing that, even only drop rate improvement will make loads of quitted f2p players come back to game which they loved. To see what you are making wrong, today create a new toon. And go to 105, and realise at what lv you will be able to afford minimal gear which required to make instances for your level. Unfortunately ncoin selling is almost a must to improve gear. 

I think GM no needs to make a free item like the lucky draw that will aggravate the player's opinion. I think you have to get the players interested in subscribing to prestige packs, by giving them rare items in prestige cube and that's really you give in the cube by way of gambling, you have to increase the chance of players to get it

On 18/04/2018 at 9:55 AM, yunho said:

Eu acho que o GM não precisa fazer um item grátis como o sorteio que irá agravar a opinião do jogador. Eu acho que você tem que colocar os jogadores interessados em se inscrever em pacotes de prestígio, dando-lhes itens raros em cubo de prestígio e que você realmente dá no cubo por meio do jogo, você tem que aumentar a chance de os jogadores conseguirem

I agree with him, pay a prestige pack to get gemstone, normal enchant and fragment bootle becomes unfeasible, in 4 months paid I did not even get 1 bloody stone ...

to @Conguero its not only about this agressive p2w politics, its about ncsoft destroy and nerfed almost to zero any chance of making adena in game, and put lame/zero rewards on event boxes. if u say this is for reduce the amount of botts, the solution is simple, make again monthly subscription and ban all bots/scripters/rmt-ers.

becouse ncsoft nerfed:

-adena/matts  from mobs. not to mention in any game u can have full drop from mobs, only here its impossible to see that on free map, full drop is only on dragons who are farmed only by few players, who enter with clicker/scripts in a peace zone, or in carpet mode with full cc, so they can controll everything and forced weak people to adopt slave menthality.

- completely nerfed the role of crafter and spoiler, two legendary classes in old l2. better remove them completely. no more craft and spoil ingame.

-completely nerfed the drop from instances, now they are a joke, rly, modify scrolls every time and no more powders? and never a full drop? 

-seriously nerfed the xp tables, and make it even very different from mother koreea xp table, i mean worse than asiatic hard farmers.

-nerfed all drops from events, puting as reward when u open boxes, items only inutile useless things with really no use in game.

-drastically nerfed the chance of enchant, even a char have maximum luc possible

-drastically nerfed any compound succes rate.

-u make so many overpowered absurd expensive l2store exclusive items so normal players dont have any chance to pvp with them so logical, they only can farm now, but wait, and look, no more reason for farm so yes, will be a dead server soon. 

so for what we need any more to invest in a game where is no drop, no spoil, no craft, no good xp zones, no chance for ench, compound, having success on events, and no more pvp?

your problem is not free events, because almost always it end up being low rate to get garbage items x hours farming 6+, from lindvior you ruin the game to give "life" to crafting a garbage, doble crafting dont work nothing work, all for nothing, to ruin the game full, like the actual situation. the "free" events is not goint tofix nothing, because are very random and just get garbage( have to pay a lot) AND NO!!!!!

13 minutes ago, HyperD said:

ahh forgot it, 187 gemas R for second SA on requiem? wtf you dont want new players that is for sure better close fast. all in this game is  wrong in general.

I don't think it's issue. In the past it was high price, then lower, now it's again high. 

Just newbies will not run with two SAs.

1 minute ago, marw said:

I don't think it's issue. In the past it was high price, then lower, now it's again high. 

Just newbies will not run with two SAs.

250m for second SA, you thing the adena flow like water o what? I have some char 101 and things but can't pay second necessary SA on a requiem healer pff crazy game, Say what you want but the game is totally wrong. if you cant pay 250m less 5b that is.

Archived