4K UHD Screen and Lineage not letting you change the screen resolution

Ruyi

Hi everyone, 
I was wondering if anyone has encountered such a problem with 4K UHD screen. Everything worked perfectly until today, text was legible and icons were okay. As I loaded the game this morning, all the icons, font, UI got extremely small. 

I tried everything from changing the scaling settings to 300% and higher, reinstalled video drivers, tried to set up resolution manually in option.ini file (system folder). I tried changing DPI properties in Lineage II properties, but it doesn't affect the game client itself once it begins loading. 

Any other possible suggestions? 

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. I tried to run ArcheAge and a few other games I have on my PC. They work ok. It has to do with Lineage setting resolution back to default settings..

Edited by Ruyi

Alt+Shift+O Video settings

Full Screen Option allows you to use standard resolutions different than your Desktop settings(switching between clients can be laggy)

Full Window Option[border-less window] will always use your Desktop settings(change Desktop 4k to 1080 or lower to play then change back when you're done)

Window Option can drag each window to independent, even non-standard resolutions(large main window... smaller windows for support/shops)

On 30/05/2019 at 8:27 PM, Ruyi said:

Hi everyone, 
I was wondering if anyone has encountered such a problem with 4K UHD screen. Everything worked perfectly until today, text was legible and icons were okay. As I loaded the game this morning, all the icons, font, UI got extremely small. 

I tried everything from changing the scaling settings to 300% and higher, reinstalled video drivers, tried to set up resolution manually in option.ini file (system folder). I tried changing DPI properties in Lineage II properties, but it doesn't affect the game client itself once it begins loading. 

Any other possible suggestions? 

Thank you in advance. 

I found a key in the registry that causes windows to run the game in very high resolution.

What worked for me was accessing regedit.exe and open the following folder:
Computer \ HKEY_USERS \ <your-user-id-key> \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ AppCompatFlags \ Layers

And then erase the key:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Lineage II\System\L2.bin", which contains the value "HIGHDPIAWARE"

Please let-me know if worked to you. Good luck :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

As much as I hate touching regedit, this fixed it for me, thanks!

Background info: I had been playing for months without issues, but one accidental alt-enter later and my UI scaling settings in Windows was no longer working, and the game was completely unplayable in window mode with a 4k resolution.  I deleted the registry key you mentioned, and now everything is back to normal.

• Like 1