Skill power vs M. attack

IAmPurple

5 hours ago, IAmPurple said:

So Soulhound at lvl 100 has passive for +5 m. att. and +25% skill power while Archmage (and others) have +25% m. att.
Which is better?

This skill has wrong description.

It should be

25% M.Atk and 5% Skill.Power

1 hour ago, SasyPisos said:

Arch mage sos+ m attack only  more m attack= good DOT dps sh=skill power

Well if SlH will have +25% skill Power. 

Then, most ppl will play on SlH. Skill Power>>>>M.Atk.

Both have the same bonus in fire stance(+20% M.Atk)

All Feohs have diffrent mastery, depends which element they can use.(Kameal got +10%PvP DMG)

Fire - gives nothing, coz all Feohs got +M.atk.

Water - Gives -5% skill reuse for Archmage and -10% for Mystic Muse

Wind - +10% M.Crit.Dmg

Earth- +796 P.def

Dark - +5%.M.Skill.Power

Holy-  -5%PvP Dmg

8 hours ago, OneWingedAngle said:

It should be

OK, so then 25% m. att. + 10% crit. dmg. is about the same as 25% m.att. + 5% skill power?
I am thinking of buying Chaos Essence and changing main from Muse to one of these. Soulhound still seems to be better even with your correction because it has AOE paralyze while Archmage has no stun/ paralyze (except for magic charge and evastion, I guess), is invincible while casting 101 skill and its Void destruction increases the chance of getting crititcals, while Archmage has .. more ignite, which dont stack from Elemental crash and burst.

Speaking of Void Destruction - how exactly does "increases chance of receiving M. Critical Damage by 50%" work? If I have max crit. rate, do I have effectively more crit rate or it only matters if the target has buffs that decrease chance of getting a crit?

12 hours ago, IAmPurple said:

OK, so then 25% m. att. + 10% crit. dmg. is about the same as 25% m.att. + 5% skill power?
I am thinking of buying Chaos Essence and changing main from Muse to one of these. Soulhound still seems to be better even with your correction because it has AOE paralyze while Archmage has no stun/ paralyze (except for magic charge and evastion, I guess), is invincible while casting 101 skill and its Void destruction increases the chance of getting crititcals, while Archmage has .. more ignite, which dont stack from Elemental crash and burst.

Speaking of Void Destruction - how exactly does "increases chance of receiving M. Critical Damage by 50%" work? If I have max crit. rate, do I have effectively more crit rate or it only matters if the target has buffs that decrease chance of getting a crit?

Well M skill power increase dmg in all skills not only on crits. 

i do not get what u mean more ingnite.

If I good remember Archmages destruction do not have ingnite effect, but im not sure about that.

If  u have enough M.Crit.Rate to gain around 33% chance to deal Crit, that this doesnt work., about 2nd option i asked NCSoft staff and I got info, that they cant share info about it.

So probably it doesnt work.

Well SlH vs Archmage.

SlH is toon who from theory should be better in PvP.

Archamge in pure AoE Mage . He has AoE Destruction, Ele. Storm. Ele. Burst, Blazzing Chain(with around 400 Power, 8Runstones,100lvl) and all skill works Fire Element.

SlH is create to one target Feoh. So He has only Ele.Storm, and Ele. Burst to deal Aoe Dmg on Fire Stance. LS is no elemental skill. Void has dark element.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, OneWingedAngle said:

It should be

Well if SlH will have +25% skill Power. 

Then, most ppl will play on SlH. Skill Power>>>>M.Atk.

Both have the same bonus in fire stance(+20% M.Atk)

All Feohs have diffrent mastery, depends which element they can use.(Kameal got +10%PvP DMG)

Fire - gives nothing, coz all Feohs got +M.atk.

Water - Gives -5% skill reuse for Archmage and -10% for Mystic Muse

Wind - +10% M.Crit.Dmg

Earth- +796 P.def

Dark - +5%.M.Skill.Power

Holy-  -5%PvP Dmg

Water give anyway  -5 passive give -10% coldown  

So let's get this straight:

@OneWingedAngle: Fire stance from Archmage/SH gives +20% matck over others feohs, and add the fire ignite aoe effect. Of course in evenly conditions, yet shall be lower than SPH with dark elf based race, though.

@IAmPurple: about your first question, if you have both class evenly, with equal  gear/lvl, then m. skill power > m. atack, for the simple fact that you'll hit harder than someone with same amount of matck than yours (and that will be escalated with +power OE route, ofc).

Void Destruction debuff effect works only on target, not on you. It increase the chance of the target receiving a magic critical damage, in other words, it can bypass magic critical defense buffs like Rapid Fire Position, Drum Melody, Squall or items like Reflect Magical Shirt etc.

Now in terms of usefulness while in the role of an actual crowd-controller in the pt (what's feoh is basically set for, tbh), feoh SH is the worst because of its lack of functional mesmerizing debuffs (like stun, freeze, faint etc). You cant even count its paralyze, because one would need to be super hiper close to it to land, and it only lasts for 3s max?

So the order of usefulness (in pve) goes like this: SPH > Necro > MM > Archmage > SH.

4 hours ago, Astarothy said:

Now in terms of usefulness while in the role of an actual crowd-controller in the pt (what's feoh is basically set for, tbh), feoh SH is the worst because of its lack of functional mesmerizing debuffs (like stun, freeze, faint etc). You cant even count its paralyze, because one would need to be super hiper close to it to land, and it only lasts for 3s max?

So the order of usefulness (in pve) goes like this: SPH > Necro > MM > Archmage > SH.

Yes and No.

Depends on ur playstyle. Para works fine in PvE. As well it deal dmg, so it can be call semi-AoE Skill. In group exp u can easly stay inside snare, even it is beter and safer to stay in, than far away from snare. On Elven Village u must to stay together. if i good remeber para has around 2 sec reuse or less. SlH is more challenging than rest Feohs. Specialy when he use dark stance, but this this stance he can be call Magical Dagger.

And i will not agree with Achrmage position in PvE. He has 4 AoE skills with good power.

but, in the end. SH (Spell Scremer) is the best Feoh in PvE and PvP. Rest feoh are more challenging and u need to think more how to use skills.

Spell Scremer is easy AoE Ruin>AoE Destruction>AoE Burst and after that most mobs are lie on the ground on have faint(it is not stun)

On 8/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, OneWingedAngle said:

Yes and No.

Depends on ur playstyle. Para works fine in PvE. As well it deal dmg, so it can be call semi-AoE Skill. In group exp u can easly stay inside snare, even it is beter and safer to stay in, than far away from snare. On Elven Village u must to stay together. if i good remeber para has around 2 sec reuse or less. SlH is more challenging than rest Feohs. Specialy when he use dark stance, but this this stance he can be call Magical Dagger.

And i will not agree with Achrmage position in PvE. He has 4 AoE skills with good power.

but, in the end. SH (Spell Scremer) is the best Feoh in PvE and PvP. Rest feoh are more challenging and u need to think more how to use skills.

Spell Scremer is easy AoE Ruin>AoE Destruction>AoE Burst and after that most mobs are lie on the ground on have faint(it is not stun)

My main class is SH (105) while my dual class is a Storm Screamer (102). 

Indeed SH is a close contact wizard, so for crowd control you have to a few steps from the group you're controlling, however annoying this may be to some, as it reduces visibility of the character actions and of the field, the paralyze is very effective and reduces work from the healers significantly both within instances (such as Altar, AF) and Xp fields such as GoS and Elven.

You also need to consider that, (as mentioned above), it does not only paralyze but also deals some damage which even if minor, adds to the overall DPS you can provide to the party. However there are 2 major inconveniences to this paralyze on top it's close range nature: 1. It's a completely different skill and 2. its very short duration (3s as indicated) therefore one finger has to be casting it ALL the time which gets tiring in long XP parties. For this, I use a combo of macro, typing, and click on field XP parties, (on instances the mobs are dead in a few seconds anyway, so clicking there is a non-issue). Snare should never be necessary if you have an effective tank and good overall party damage.

The SS (not SPH which is the un-awakened class) is much more "comfortable" to play as it has faint imbedded in it's elemental burst, (but only if you use wind stance), so you don't have to cast another separate skill, it also has less skills (in the number) so less keys you need to mind. The faint duration is the same (about 3s) but since you can cast it at a distance it does not impair field visibility. Distance is a minor issue cause even if long ranged you should always stick together (specially in GoS, AF and Elven) cause otherwise you will be getting a lot of agro.

I have not played, (nor I intent to), the other feoh classes but I have no issues with SH in PVE nor finding parties for instances or field Xp, however I do recognize that SS is a much simpler play style. 

• 2 weeks later...

@OneWingedAngle I said "in terms of uselfuness" in a pve party, that's why I listed they that way down. Archmages indeed has the most powerful AoE's after SS, but it's lack of actual crowd control besides snares (specially when in 101-102+ areas majority of mobs r resistant to it) it's what go against its favor. So Archmages and SH can do great in a pve pt but they gonna need a effective control DD (insert here Tyrr Dread), while SS can just do both works amazingly and flawless - do damage and control mobs. In only-oriented feoh pt tho, SS+Archmage/SH combo is a must, hands down.

I think the paralyze goes pretty good in a pvp situation, what's SH is thought for tbh, but as @Oeste pointed out, it's a total different skill so opening room for dmg rotation getting nerfed - others feoh do both in one single skill (stun, freeze, knockdown, faint by only casting burst skill).

And for last but not least, what's the good in using Dark stance, seriously? I can see no usage other than to activate elemental crash -25%mdef debuff, tbh. I really cringe when I see a feoh relyin all its damage on dark stance, oh god!

Oly wise the dark stance on SLH is rly a pain for the opponent because the "losing target" effect itself is a pain, and you're getting straight next to the target to spam para.

Other than that, like sieges or even PVE the dark stance really sucks on SLH because u're not a kamikaze that wanna be in middle of the pack :D

Archived