Worth playing as a buffer?

I used to enjoy play L2 as a mage. Either a nuker or a buffer/healer. I enjoyed those tedious long-winded quests. And it was fun to go and do a raid every once in a while when I found a party of people who actually enjoy playing this game in a party...

With the current state, I don't see the use of things like "Scroll of Escape" or skills like "Recall" or "Party recall". 

Can anyone somehow tell me how the current L2 is better than any old semi-functional fun-server? Because I don't see it.

Edited by somePlayer

On 2019. 06. 02. at 1:13 PM, somePlayer said:

I used to enjoy play L2 as a mage. Either a nuker or a buffer/healer. I enjoyed those tedious long-winded quests. And it was fun to go and do a raid every once in a while when I found a party of people who actually enjoy playing this game in a party...

With the current state, I don't see the use of things like "Scroll of Escape" or skills like "Recall" or "Party recall". 

Can anyone somehow tell me how the current L2 is better than any old semi-functional fun-server? Because I don't see it.

Hi, I had the same idea when I joined a week ago, I do not want to say bad things so I will list some facts, but this is not the lineage2 which we known earlier, feels like a different game and different skills and systems.

1. As far as I know most of the quest removed, 1st 2nd class transfer automatic.

2. Autoloop macro and Autonexttarget+attack implemented, so you can have a legal half-bot ingame, harder to detect actual bots because of this, so there are many of those also.

3. Currently you can log with as many box as your pc afford, still not sure if this is legal or an offense.

4. In a private fun server you may get a wipe or server-closedown any time, here you can expect to have your chars.

5. VIP system and recent events feels like p2w, RMT is a lucritive business for many people, do not see too much consequence.

6. Bosses are a special case, many user go to leach xp, and many user needed to remove the 3 barrier from the boss, you can check youtube, but as far as I understand 1-2 party boss is not happening in this system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OaSALJPIXU

If you will start to play, I advise to play both with mage + healer, or even better summoner + healer since summoners are op as hell, gl! :)

I tried to play one for daily quest and it worked well since people box their own can not do healing at aoe mobs

never think of playing it alone, must have at least 1 damage dealer class for solo-ing