Lineage 2: Remastered

Lunastariel

Many old games go through major overhauls in detail to make a version of the game suitable for new and young players who are into graphics and details. Making it a remastered version of the old ones.

Examples of improvement:

- Improved server latency

- Improved graphics textures/detailing (Lineage 2 was so popular due to the detailed attention they made to designing the weapons and armors during chronicle season, with the new RTX 2080, people would love to see an improved Lineage 2 with beautiful graphics. If 20 year old games can do it, I don't see which NcSoft can't do it being such a successful company in Korea.)

- Improved movement controls (Like seriously, the WASD is...seriously...and wait, we still can't jump?)

- From tab targeting to action combat (Most games with action combat are really successful, but oh well, until they put pay to win stuffs in stores.)

- New story line remake for the new era of Lineage 2 (Especially for new players, they enter but they don't know the old chronicles stories. The current one is just so bad...)

- AFK XPing (The macro system which is already quite in place have made entrance to the current game now which is good for busy players. Most mobile games have this function.)

- Daily REWARDS (and I mean really real rewards e.g ingredients to making bloody/dark weapons or armors, ingredients for dragon weapons, items for skill improvements) every month for login/account. (NcSoft really need to start GIVING REAL REWARDS instead of just taking money from us EVERY event.)

- Change the enchanting system. (Lineage 2: Revolution mobile's enchantment system is quite legit and I don't understand why PC version is so bad, going back to 0 from a +12 if fail is dumb unless you use a 15 billion adena ticket? Maybe better if you sell this ticket in NPCS with a fixed adena cost.)

- Improve the economy (Players always complain that things are expensive but they don't realised it's they themselves that caused this economy outcome. NCSoft can do something to change this if they set a fixed ranged of price to these items. For e.g Gemstone (R-grade) in this game is the most successful item in terms of value to market demand. The highest price it can go is as much as Blacksmith Mammon sells them. That will prevent inflation from rich players in the game controlling the entire market.)

- Make field bosses and dragons so strong you need at least the cooperation of the server to fight them and not just 1 or 2 clans dominating the dragon raids. Rewards is not just to 1 person/clan but random minimum reward (ingredients to make dragon weapons) to all players who input enough damage to earn the reward and dragon claw/fragment if lucky to 1 top dps within the 10% players who fought the dragon)

- Make a fixed timing every day or weekend for field bosses (daily), dragons (weekly) so the server can start being alive again fighting these bosses instead of again 1 or 2 clans dominating them.

- Drop ingredients for making our gear as instance raid rewards/mob drops. Now it improve a bit by giving us Elcyum Powder but yeah you need 10200 to make R110 weapon and yeah that powder drop 1 from boss for 7 people. Probably if make all 7 gets 1 each, at least we dun need to do more than 10200 times to "try" to get lucky to get that powder. That means if you do 5 instances a day that drop elcyum powder, you need to get lucky 2040 times for EVERY instance you do to get a powder, WHICH MEANS, you need about 5.58 years to make 102 Elcyum without buying any from the market)

Many stuffs that can be improved, many players want this game to stay and be better but we all know, no matter how much we say here, nothing is going to be change. These are all wishful thinkings from loyal players of over 10 years of playing Lineage 2. Good luck and have fun in game till server merge and close soon.

In recent years, many old games went through major overhauls in detail to make an improved version of their games to make it suitable for new and young generation players and also to the old players who had loved those games. Thus naming it the remastered version. I believed many of you would have seen or even went back to play those games.

Suggestions For Improvement:

1) Improved server latency

2) Improved graphics texture/detailing (Lineage 2 was so popular due to the detailed attention they made to designing all the weapons and armors during first chronicle season. With the new GeForce RTX 2080, people would surely love to see an improved Lineage 2 with beautiful graphics. If 20 year old games can look so good after remastering, I don't see why NcSoft can't do it, being such a successful company in Korea. Have you even seen their company in Seoul?)

3) Improved movement controls (Like seriously, the WASD is...seriously...wait, we still can't jump?)

4) From tab targeting combat to action combat (Many games with action combat system are really successful until they put "pay to win" stuffs in stores of course.)

5) New story line remake for the new era of Lineage 2 (Just for those who love the stories from the original Lineage 2, where all races matters...)

6) AFK XPing (The macro system which is already quite in place have made entrance to the current game which is pretty good for players busy with their real lives but still wanna play the game for enjoyment. Most mobile games have this function. Only thing to improve is the class managing system which could be further discusses with many experienced high level players)

7) Daily login rewards every month/account (I mean really REAL rewards please NcSoft! Not some 2 hour buffs or items with expiry, it's like brushing players off! I believe you can do better than that. e.g ingredients to making bloody/dark weapons or armors, ingredients for dragon weapons, items for skill improvements etc)

8) Change the enchanting system (Lineage 2: Revolution mobile's enchantment system is quite good and I don't understand why the PC version is so bad, going back to 0 from a +12 if failed is seriously ridiculous unless you use a 15 billion adena Royal Purple/Gold Save Ticket? Maybe better if you sell this ticket in NPCS with a fixed adena cost, otherwise which player can afford to "try" for such a high amount of cost.)

9) Improve the economy (Players always complain that items are expensive in the game but they don't realized that they are the ones who caused this economy inflation. NcSoft can do something to change this if they set a fixed ranged of price to these items. For e.g Gemstone (R-grade) in this game is the most successful item in terms of value to market demand. It is never overpriced and it's like the currency next to adena because the highest price it can go for is as much as how much Blacksmith Mammon sells them. This prevented inflation from rich players in the game controlling the entire market. If all items have a fixed range of cost value, new players will not complain that items are overpriced and they can also sell their loots for a fair amount of adena.

10) Make field bosses and dragons for everyone (There are as many as 5000+ players still playing Lineage 2 including live and classic servers. It's not a game only for 1 or 2 top clans. New players wanna see dragons, they wanna fight field bosses, they wanna have fun! Make it such that everyone who participated in the raid gets a minimum reward. For example, elcyum for all who players participated in a dragon raid with minimum damage done to it and top rewards can be bloody/dark stone fragments or stone with a very rare chance of getting a dragon weapon fragment or dragon claw. Field bosses can give elcyum crystals and top rewards can be also bloody/dark stone fragments with a very rare chance of getting elcyum or bloody/dark stone. You need to make it worth for players to spend their time and money on gear to do these raids.)

11) Fixed timing for daily field boss raids and weekly dragon raids (Like I suggested, make these raids for everyone in the game instead of just being an instance for top clans)

12) Improve item and adena drop rates (Drop ingredients for improving our gear as instance raid rewards/open field mob drops. Currently it improved a little bit by giving us elcyum powder but yeah you need 10200 to make R110 weapon and yeah that 2 to 3 million adena elcyum powder drop 1 from boss for 7 people in a party. Which means if you do 5 instances a day that drop elcyum powder, you need to get lucky 2040 times for EVERY instance you do to get a 1 elcyumpowder. Which also means you need to take 5.58 years to make 102 Elcyum without buying any from the market. Probably make it a reward for all 7 members in the party, at least we don't need to do more than 10200 times to "try" to get lucky to get that elcyum powder. Players will also feel their time and effort spent in doing these instances is worth something because they are making progression instead of trying to get lucky.)

Currently these are what I can think of to improve the game. Some may or may not agree but to each his own thinking. There are many ways to improve the game but it needs two hand to clap. No point players suggest so much but the company is not listening. Seriously, many players in Lineage 2 are willing to pay $50 to $100 a month to enjoy the game but the current state of the game, the players are being squeezed to their maximum, spending $1000+. That is why there are not many new players. Not sure if the company wants new players to come or simply just want this to end soon, but before ending, squeeze the shit out of the top paying players first which is what most of us sees it. If I own this game and server, I definitely will work along side with players to make it a long lasting and beautiful gaming experience for everyone. This game is a classic mmorpg which not many games can provide the nostalgic. Good luck and have fun till server merge and offline. I foresee this to end in about 2 to 3 years time which is a pretty positive timeline, unless they really make a remastered version of this game, you might see a glimpse of life again with new players coming in. Also hopefully the experienced and old players be more humble and stand together, of course not forgetting to PvP and do castle sieges, but not being a toxic community. Thank you for reading.

*To moderator, please delete the first post as I made some adjustments. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...