Lacks of Tanks

Quan

So, I'm here sitting in Parnasus. Why do I sit here? Hum... My CP tank has 99% frequency, yet he can't be here today. And we have to find random one. So we are waiting.... waiting. already one full hour passed, sorry pt, I'm done. They are not suprised, some of them left before. You know what I think is the reason, that espacially tanks are so hard to find? The reason is that NC nerfed them, nerfed so that you need freaking good and skill enchancement to play a tank. Honestly I'm curious if NCsoft even know what they did and that so few tanks left, at least in NA.

Quan, I am so bored with waiting to find parties just to do Kartia every day I am willing to make a Tank... and learn it to get in on doing some other dailies like Parnassus or whatever. I'm in a dead clan with a few that don't chat & haven't experienced anything beyond k95 /Cemetery/seal of Shilen. 

Tanks where always a scarse resource.

1. Most people prefer to play mediocre DDs than a support. Period.

2. Solo xp tank is so over (unless u were a TK in pagans xD) . U need to be in a party to make good xp, CP or randoms.

3. At the current state of the game and the never ending macros live supports are redundant. At least in solo grind. So apart from instances and some aoe areas ppl totally disregard tanks.

4. Ppl get disappointed by the class. You need some key items and a good understanding of the class to be able to stand in the areas with good xp. There is a steep learning curve and u can be trash even in a +10 pve if u don't know how to play and what to do. Tbh a decent tank costs much much less than a decent DD.

Lastly, if u think that there are no tanks in srvr i suggest u to change ur dual and play one!

I did the same and it was by far the best choice. Tanks are so fun to play especially if u can afford some gear.

Edited by Quenia

Just a fun fact: I made a tank last year, thought it would be an interesting option to reroll since nowadays everyone is looking for a tank, but I was literally kicked out of most party rooms for Kartias and such. At lower lvls people don't care about tanks, so I can't really blame noobie tanks that they get discouraged and abandon the class.

When I PMed people who kicked me saying they would pray for a tank when they are higher lvl, they usually reply with sth like 'i don't care' :)

i playing tank from my start on offic. Never be easie. If have CP is OK, without CP and now with lack of players is hard to find proper pt with medial or good damage. Of course random is posible but always lottery. And good point is time you play. And proper gear with knowledge how to play tank is crutial. Now with so many dollars items and high prices i dont see other way to make upgrade of gear as to empty wallet. W/o CP to make epics for some adena is extremly hard. It is sad. I reduce after work playing time from 6 hrs to 2hrs (if i find pt). Exp is nice to lvl up but i dont see point to level up if i have no other progress.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.06.2019 at 6:46 PM, Quenia said:

Tanks where always a scarse resource.

1. Most people prefer to play mediocre DDs than a support. Period.

2. Solo xp tank is so over (unless u were a TK in pagans xD) . U need to be in a party to make good xp, CP or randoms.

3. At the current state of the game and the never ending macros live supports are redundant. At least in solo grind. So apart from instances and some aoe areas ppl totally disregard tanks.

4. Ppl get disappointed by the class. You need some key items and a good understanding of the class to be able to stand in the areas with good xp. There is a steep learning curve and u can be trash even in a +10 pve if u don't know how to play and what to do. Tbh a decent tank costs much much less than a decent DD.

Lastly, if u think that there are no tanks in srvr i suggest u to change ur dual and play one!

I did the same and it was by far the best choice. Tanks are so fun to play es

Epecially if u can afford some gear.

1. Tank were not always scarse resource. I will remind you High Five chronicle, when tanks were so OP everyone played them.

2. I agree.

3.I agree too xD

4. That's what I said, tanks were made p2w in Salva update and people who could play at least this class now are not able to.

Lastly, feoh/tank is one of dumbest combo I can imagine.

Especially that I can't afford some gear.

And my bro sacrified himself and switched from yul to tank, one sacrifice in family is enough :P

On 8.06.2019 at 8:38 PM, Helv said:

Just a fun fact: I made a tank last year, thought it would be an interesting option to reroll since nowadays everyone is looking for a tank, but I was literally kicked out of most party rooms for Kartias and such. At lower lvls people don't care about tanks, so I can't really blame noobie tanks that they get discouraged and abandon the class.

When I PMed people who kicked me saying they would pray for a tank when they are higher lvl, they usually reply with sth like 'i don't care' :)

Well yea newbie not really know how important tanks are in late game.

Sorry for late replies guys, I always took this forum as cancer and you suprised me :D

its a bit complex, even in late game tank will be disapointed since its about firepower that benefits in all ways!

you can tank 1hour but if theres no grinding flow it doesnt matter.

tank is support of second category, its optional super stacked dds dont need it for example.

so either make box tank, and tanks make box DD to not feel inferior if they really like that class.

strangely enough the new 108+ xp areas like fields of silence / whispers and fafurion temple aren't really party xp areas anymore, leaving Sea of Spores as the last real party xp place which party xp got actually nerfed so yeah atm it's rough going for any non ISS support to get past lvl 108+

long story short this issue isn't limited to only tanks and hopefully next update will provide more real party xp areas

ps, next update also will boost Tanks skill damage (and that of many other classes) so duo xp at say fields of silence or alligators island should deffi be possible then so keep the faith ^^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draecke said:

ps, next update also will boost Tanks skill damage (and that of many other classes) so duo xp at say fields of silence or alligators island should deffi be possible then so keep the faith ^^

Hope it does cause l2 has become dull AF.... ???

19 minutes ago, EeRie said:

Tanks are irrelevant. They no longer matter and boring to play.  No fun to play not even during pvp unless you have a Greater Topaz.

Tanks dont matter? What are you talking about? Try making Altar for e.g. with medium geared pt and w/o tank. Have fun not passing 2nd room.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get it why tank should be useless class. Its always up to your play style....
At all you have Lower skill reuse Def/mdef/ and so on from Aura more controle over the Trash you want to kill.
If you are a solo player and choose tank yea thats bad desicion right now.
From my point of view NC Kill Tank's right now becouse they only Added solo areas and DD's choose to solo/duo.
Sad but true if you are a Tank without CP at this times you sit arround hours and recive partyinv decline.

Me as tank main choose the way just to make use of multi box. My friend is DD so we build up a party that farms now at SOS.
And becouse i like tank i got 2 of them in it to make 3-4 spawn's. So i get 50% of full party income and XP is fast enough.

Maybe think about this way. at all i wish all the unsetisfied Tanks a soon Red Libra

GL and Have Fun

Edited by GottWillEs

What is a logic of NC to increase tank skill damage. We will have soon tanks robocops? Tanks never be DD, nor now and not in future. Its only pathetic step of NC to atract ppl to play tanks, and thinks that tanks go and exp solo? Support class never be like tyrr (no so fast and no so powerfull killer). Instead of that NC increase M. def, P. def, reuse time of support skills, bigger agro area, better sigel auras etc, and make tank usefull, they are near to kill tank proffesion.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 07/06/2019 at 2:12 PM, Quan said:

So, I'm here sitting in Parnasus. Why do I sit here? Hum... My CP tank has 99% frequency, yet he can't be here today. And we have to find random one. So we are waiting.... waiting. already one full hour passed, sorry pt, I'm done. They are not suprised, some of them left before. You know what I think is the reason, that espacially tanks are so hard to find? The reason is that NC nerfed them, nerfed so that you need freaking good and skill enchancement to play a tank. Honestly I'm curious if NCsoft even know what they did and that so few tanks left, at least in NA.

Good Night (Using google translator)

Yes, they nerfed the tanks. Many will say no, but yes, they have weakened, let's see, we have two skills Reise Shield and Focus Shield that when using them, we cannot use 3 skills that use shield as a weapon, otherwise it disables these skills, the more It's funny that one of the skills that deactivates these skills is the Stun skill, which is a tank defense skill, if you use the stun skill that deactivates Focus Shield or Reise Shield and I ask which class is currently in Lineage 2 have these skill problems, which, if you use it, you can't use it, if you use it, you can't use it, only the tank has it that gets in the way and prevents the tank from fighting.

The tank is the only class that has two skills where it has the greatest reuse of the game, are the two UDs that were also weakened and today, does not protect the tank at all, the duration is 15 minutes, of course with right buff and some jewels have decreased, but as we look at these details, we see that Feoh has strong skills that are reused for 5 minutes, and 10 minutes. In short, Sigel Knight is the class that has skills with the biggest reuse of the game, two of 15 minutes, one of 10 minutes, another of 5 minutes that serves no purpose at all, as this prevents you from dying if the HP arrives at 0, but, this is not practical.

I noticed that Hold after the debuff rating change, Hold failed before was a huge help in not allowing Feoh, Rangers who are currently the most damaging class to run away, are resisting a lot more. I also noticed that Feoh is now taking less silence after this change in debuff rating.

And then I ask all the players, Sigel has that skill that we wield the sword with both hands, the problem is, it increases the damage power, but, Sigel is totally unprotected, can't activate any skills, only skills of attack and only, and takes much more absurd damage than Tyrr for example already plays like this, because this is because the passive skills of Tyrr are made for it, Sigel does not have it.

In short, Sigel is worthless in every way. Feoh himself has that ability called a mana shield, where it absorbs 95% of damage and 5% will be taken from Feoh's MP, since Sigel's damage has always been weak, so weakened Sigel against Feoh. Sigel easily picks up today from Feoh, all of them, Aero Healer, all of them, because Aero Healer, even those who aren't very well equipped, resist silence very easily, and NCsofr has caused an Aero Healer damage skill to lose reuse. . That is, the Aero Healer can do damage and heal, as Sigel's aggression has been weakened for years and years, and more and more classes have been gaining more resistance to aggression which is a mental skill.

A player of Sigel when fighting in the Olympics gets too stuck, when we use Reise Shield if it is warrior class, we are forbidden to use 3 other skills to not lose the buff of this skill, or Focus Shield to fight Wizard class. And then people will say, "But this skill loads very fast," it loads very fast, but if we want to keep it, we give up important skills, which is not the case with another class.

For me NCsoft has to revise all this, or keep it that way, or make changes to all classes so that some of their skills are linked to others, that is, if you activate this ability, if you activate it you will not be able to activate this or disable it. For example, Feoh, if she uses that ability and uses teleport, disables that ability that she used first.

In short, Sigel is so bad, but so bad that even Iss makes it easy on Sigel today. Feoh became a god class, since since he created this ability to absorb 95% of damage, only another class with high damage wins Feoh, because there is the Sigel UD that only serves to defend, but in this new form does not defend nothing is reused for 15 minutes, and Feoh's ability to absorb damage to shield mana, I think that's what it's called, stays there, but then people will say, "Ah! but it consumes 50 mana for seconds." , consumes, I agree, but Feoh has a lot of mana and still has fast-loading ability where she sacrifices meager HP to regain much of her mana, and stays on and on.