Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quan    0

So, I'm here sitting in Parnasus. Why do I sit here? Hum... My CP tank has 99% frequency, yet he can't be here today. And we have to find random one. So we are waiting.... waiting. already one full hour passed, sorry pt, I'm done. They are not suprised, some of them left before. You know what I think is the reason, that espacially tanks are so hard to find? The reason is that NC nerfed them, nerfed so that you need freaking good and skill enchancement to play a tank. Honestly I'm curious if NCsoft even know what they did and that so few tanks left, at least in NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maerwen    3
13 minutes ago, Diver said:

For what do you need tank on parnassus?

:D True 

I think ppl doesnt play tank because to be a medium gear one you need to much adena. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diver    12

And all tank exp very fast so they are in better spots:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quan, I am so bored with waiting to find parties just to do Kartia every day I am willing to make a Tank... and learn it to get in on doing some other dailies like Parnassus or whatever. I'm in a dead clan with a few that don't chat & haven't experienced anything beyond k95 /Cemetery/seal of Shilen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quenia    32
Posted (edited)

Tanks where always a scarse resource.

1. Most people prefer to play mediocre DDs than a support. Period.

2. Solo xp tank is so over (unless u were a TK in pagans xD) . U need to be in a party to make good xp, CP or randoms.

3. At the current state of the game and the never ending macros live supports are redundant. At least in solo grind. So apart from instances and some aoe areas ppl totally disregard tanks.

4. Ppl get disappointed by the class. You need some key items and a good understanding of the class to be able to stand in the areas with good xp. There is a steep learning curve and u can be trash even in a +10 pve if u don't know how to play and what to do. Tbh a decent tank costs much much less than a decent DD.

Lastly, if u think that there are no tanks in srvr i suggest u to change ur dual and play one!

I did the same and it was by far the best choice. Tanks are so fun to play especially if u can afford some gear.

 

Edited by Quenia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helv    92

Just a fun fact: I made a tank last year, thought it would be an interesting option to reroll since nowadays everyone is looking for a tank, but I was literally kicked out of most party rooms for Kartias and such. At lower lvls people don't care about tanks, so I can't really blame noobie tanks that they get discouraged and abandon the class.

When I PMed people who kicked me saying they would pray for a tank when they are higher lvl, they usually reply with sth like 'i don't care' :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawe    38
Posted (edited)

Oh i wanna see them trying to do GC 300 for example :)

Edited by Dawe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uriel831    5

i playing tank from my start on offic. Never be easie. If have CP is OK, without CP and now with lack of players is hard to find proper pt with medial or good damage. Of course random is posible but always lottery. And good point is time you play. And proper gear with knowledge how to play tank is crutial. Now with so many dollars items and high prices i dont see other way to make upgrade of gear as to empty wallet. W/o CP to make epics for some adena is extremly hard. It is sad. I reduce after work playing time from 6 hrs to 2hrs (if i find pt). Exp is nice to lvl up but i dont see point to level up if i have no other progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pleistoros    105
1 hour ago, Dawe said:

Oh i wanna see them trying to do GC 300 for example :)

Not a good exampleB|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quan    0
On 7.06.2019 at 7:27 PM, Diver said:

For what do you need tank on parnassus?

Nah, I was just sitting in parna because it's not lagged as Aden. I was gathering pt for Altar xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quan    0
On 8.06.2019 at 6:46 PM, Quenia said:

Tanks where always a scarse resource.

1. Most people prefer to play mediocre DDs than a support. Period.

2. Solo xp tank is so over (unless u were a TK in pagans xD) . U need to be in a party to make good xp, CP or randoms.

3. At the current state of the game and the never ending macros live supports are redundant. At least in solo grind. So apart from instances and some aoe areas ppl totally disregard tanks.

4. Ppl get disappointed by the class. You need some key items and a good understanding of the class to be able to stand in the areas with good xp. There is a steep learning curve and u can be trash even in a +10 pve if u don't know how to play and what to do. Tbh a decent tank costs much much less than a decent DD.

Lastly, if u think that there are no tanks in srvr i suggest u to change ur dual and play one!

I did the same and it was by far the best choice. Tanks are so fun to play es

Epecially if u can afford some gear.

 

1. Tank were not always scarse resource. I will remind you High Five chronicle, when tanks were so OP everyone played them.

2. I agree.

3.I agree too xD

4. That's what I said, tanks were made p2w in Salva update and people who could play at least this class now are not able to.

Lastly, feoh/tank is one of dumbest combo I can imagine.

Especially that I can't afford some gear.

And my bro sacrified himself and switched from yul to tank, one sacrifice in family is enough :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quan    0
On 8.06.2019 at 8:38 PM, Helv said:

Just a fun fact: I made a tank last year, thought it would be an interesting option to reroll since nowadays everyone is looking for a tank, but I was literally kicked out of most party rooms for Kartias and such. At lower lvls people don't care about tanks, so I can't really blame noobie tanks that they get discouraged and abandon the class.

When I PMed people who kicked me saying they would pray for a tank when they are higher lvl, they usually reply with sth like 'i don't care' :)

Well yea newbie not really know how important tanks are in late game.

 

Sorry for late replies guys, I always took this forum as cancer and you suprised me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Methodical    8

its a bit complex, even in late game tank will be disapointed since its about firepower that benefits in all ways!

you can tank 1hour but if theres no grinding flow it doesnt matter.

tank is support of second category, its optional super stacked dds dont need it for example.

so either make box tank, and tanks make box DD to not feel inferior if they really like that class.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    370

strangely enough the new 108+ xp areas like fields of silence / whispers and fafurion temple aren't really party xp areas anymore, leaving Sea of Spores as the last real party xp place which party xp got actually nerfed so yeah atm it's rough going for any non ISS support to get past lvl 108+

long story short this issue isn't limited to only tanks and hopefully next update will provide more real party xp areas

ps, next update also will boost Tanks skill damage (and that of many other classes) so duo xp at say fields of silence or alligators island should deffi be possible then so keep the faith ^^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quenia    32
2 hours ago, Draecke said:

ps, next update also will boost Tanks skill damage (and that of many other classes) so duo xp at say fields of silence or alligators island should deffi be possible then so keep the faith ^^

Hope it does cause l2 has become dull AF.... 😔😔😔

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Criss    7
On 19/06/2019 at 4:46 PM, Methodical said:

 

so either make box tank, and tanks make box DD to not feel inferior if they really like that class.

 

 

That's exactly what I did. LUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EeRie    0

Tanks are irrelevant. They no longer matter and boring to play.  No fun to play not even during pvp unless you have a Greater Topaz.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quan    0
19 minutes ago, EeRie said:

Tanks are irrelevant. They no longer matter and boring to play.  No fun to play not even during pvp unless you have a Greater Topaz.

 

Tanks dont matter? What are you talking about? Try making Altar for e.g. with medium geared pt and w/o tank. Have fun not passing 2nd room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GottWillEs    5
Posted (edited)

I dont get it why tank should be useless class. Its always up to your play style....
At all you have Lower skill reuse Def/mdef/ and so on from Aura more controle over the Trash you want to kill.
If you are a solo player and choose tank yea thats bad desicion right now.
From my point of view NC Kill Tank's right now becouse they only Added solo areas and DD's choose to solo/duo.
Sad but true if you are a Tank without CP at this times you sit arround hours and recive partyinv decline.

Me as tank main choose the way just to make use of multi box. My friend is DD so we build up a party that farms now at SOS.
And becouse i like tank i got 2 of them in it to make 3-4 spawn's. So i get 50% of full party income and XP is fast enough.

Maybe think about this way. at all i wish all the unsetisfied Tanks a soon Red Libra

GL and Have Fun

Edited by GottWillEs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uriel831    5

What is a logic of NC to increase tank skill damage. We will have soon tanks robocops? Tanks never be DD, nor now and not in future. Its only pathetic step of NC to atract ppl to play tanks, and thinks that tanks go and exp solo? Support class never be like tyrr (no so fast and no so powerfull killer). Instead of that NC increase M. def, P. def, reuse time of support skills, bigger agro area, better sigel auras etc, and make tank usefull, they are near to kill tank proffesion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×