Forums

New NC Launcher

Please note. Currently you are not forced - the old launcher will still open (Alt+Tab).

BUT the new launcher will delete your folder including screenshots. Dear NC please give us at least a warning! Specially when implementing during  a time critical Event @Juji @Hime

Again:

Please be aware!

Your client (incl. Screenshots) will be deleted and you need to download 8.8GB

• L2 Team

We apologize for the issues with the new launcher. Our team is working on addressing those issues as soon as possible.

The new launcher is not mandatory at the moment so please continue to use the old launcher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hime said:

We apologize for the issues with the new launcher. Our team is working on addressing those issues as soon as possible.

The new launcher is not mandatory at the moment so please continue to use the old launcher.

Uggg... then you need to do your F'ing job and stand up to NCKA or mass leave in a protest - clearly you are not told by your masters on what the changes are made and have to deal with the after effect.

I installed the new launcher and when it started to reinstall L2 it tought he wants to install the big L2 so i stopped it and uninstalled it. Redownloaded it from the site and now it props me to install BnS, i can't install L2 Classic.

3 hours ago, ShiroGamer said:

So, after I download the whole game because of the new launcher, in the end it keeps stalling, since I downloaded everything, someone from the staff @Hime or @Juji can give me a light, I already missed the second event ... and I can not play :(

Download Launcher version 1 and use that. I had the same problem as you and never worked. Hope this guys correct the new launcher or when it becomes mandatory I will have to leave this game.......

6 hours ago, Blodie said:

I installed the new launcher and when it started to reinstall L2 it tought he wants to install the big L2 so i stopped it and uninstalled it. Redownloaded it from the site and now it props me to install BnS, i can't install L2 Classic.

I had a similar problem. Anyway I uninstalled the new launcher and re-installed the old one and now I am downloading the game again. You can follow official instructions from here:

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029084912-How-to-revert-the-new-NC-Launcher-back-to-Launcher-1-0

The launcher is working fine here. Would liked to have known that it was going to delete my screenshots, but apart from that I'm moving on.

I used Piriform's "Recuva" program (free version) to retrieve the deleted screenshots. I hope this works for others.