NCLauncher 2

Tendirt

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

We have indeed launched the new NC Launcher today. We apologize that you have to download the game again once you've updated to the new launcher. The team is aware of that issue and other issues with the launcher so please bear with us as we work on resolving the issues.

To be clear, you don't need to update to the new launcher at this moment to play at the moment.

WTF the new laucher erase the client, and right now don't work launcher:

[16BC:2364][2019-06-14T00:12:41]e000: Install Lineage 2 by running NC Launcher and selecting "Install Game"
[16BC:2364][2019-06-14T00:12:41]e000: Error 0x81f40001: Bundle condition evaluated to false: (NOT Launcher2RegistryExists) OR        (WixBundleAction = 3) OR        WixBundleInstalled
[16BC:2364][2019-06-14T00:12:41]i199: Detect complete, result: 0x0

i think we dont need to redownload all the game. i do it by my way and i install this game in 1 min.

1st - backup your Lineage II folder or move it to another location + create a empty Lineage II folder in old location.

2nd - remove NcLauncher + Lineage II in your Apps and Features (Win 10) or Programs and Features (Win 7)

3rd - install NcLauncher 2

4rd - sign in , select Lineage 2 to install.

Important: when you install Lineage 2, select your Lineage II folder which you backup.

All will be done in 1 minute. Enjoy newness! Cheer!

Edited by LangBiAng

Launcher issue and possible fix?

The new launcher worked on 3 of my four systems, on the last system it couldn't find L2 for whatever reason (never prompted for a region on the credentials screen either).  I reinstalled the launcher a couple times, overwriting what was there which got me nowhere.  I eventually deleted the contents of the "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2" folder and reinstalled it again, it went and performed an update and now works.  I had L2 running in the background that last time, not sure if that made any difference or not, but didn't' have to reinstall the game at least.  Hope this helps

9 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi all,

We have indeed launched the new NC Launcher today. We apologize that you have to download the game again once you've updated to the new launcher. The team is aware of that issue and other issues with the launcher so please bear with us as we work on resolving the issues.

To be clear, you don't need to update to the new launcher at this moment to play at the moment.

@Juji @Hime

Really NCSoft. I have become a custom to you doing a terrible delivery on update information and keep us in the dark as much as possible. With this weeks 15th Anniversary update not even giving a final reward list and now bombarding us with a new launcher without giving any information is a new all time low.

Why is this new launcher needed? Why does it contain some rootkit that is also used by 4Game/Innova/EU servers? Is this some Russian tool that is violating European Union GDPR guidelines? Why do you lift the client limitation three weeks ago and now reports come in from people saying they unable to launch a second client?

The information you supply is unclear at best and doesn't give any reason WHY and WHAT is being improved with it.

I suggest you guys pull the forced update, get your facts straight and bring out a solid reasoning why we should update to the new launcher, and what the tools are that run in the background. Which probably isn't an anti-bot tool, because not a single anti-bot tool you have used since EVER has been able to detect and ban bots and only hinders players with logging in accounts.

• Like 2

This launcer is so slow.... just choose north america and give it the path the game is installed and it works.But why client cant stay at the same size i had it and goes full screen when you minimize it.Come on wtf .Plz fix that problem if i minimize a client i want it back to the size i had it not full screen.........

Guys dont panic!!!!! Is the first time u install a launcher???

First, when u install the new launcher u have to choose region, choose north america, doesnt matter where u live, north america is ur option.

Second, log in with ur credentials.

Third, pause the update and go to settings (the wheel on te top). There u must change the path and select where u have ur l2 version, and also there u can change the "what todo with the launcher when starts the game", choose close launcher, so u will be able to launch lots of clients.

Dont be panic, just search a bit...

Hope it will helps

@Juji or @Hime, any one who see it, i play from japan, but i have no wish to play in japan official server, cuz i dont know read or write in kanjis, cuz im not a native, but at the new laucher have no asian option for region, so what shoud i put in region, i just let on america once but I'm not sure about what i should do, itplz enlight me.

Guys as said before ...back up your client , download and install new launcher and then copy your back up in the ncsoft folder ..open launcher choose North america , go to settings ...make the launcher close when you start the game and 0 issues 

old launcher directed me to download the new one, the new one doesn't recognize the path to the l2 client, instead it just shows me blade and soul for who the hell knows what reason, can't seem to find any way to get the damn thing to understand i want it to launch l2. been back for a month after a few years off, this kind of reminds me why i stopped playing