Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Friday, June 14, 2019

Juji

A monster gives 2000 xp to the player upon it's death.

Since the monster is listed in the DB to give 2000 XP then the 2000 XP awarded is 100% of the potential base XP

If you add 50% to that 100% aka 150% you get 3000 XP and that's what is going on with the classic server XP rate

I think it's easier to see what is going on if you convert the percentage to decimal form. Basically the percentage means over 100. So you take the percentage and divide by 100 to get the decimal version.

100% divided by 100 = 1

1 x 2000 = 2000 XP

150% divided by 100 = 1.5

1.5 x 2000 = 3000 XP

I just did not understand because they mentioned that they had removed the penny for expiriance between the characters they   have a difference of 20 levels or less ?

is this currently valid? or it is another promise that, as always, does not work or is not true

8 minutes ago, BorishtheBlade said:

I just did not understand because they mentioned that they had removed the penny for expiriance between the characters they   have a difference of 20 levels or less ?

is this currently valid? or it is another promise that, as always, does not work or is not true

Yes, you can group a lvl 1 character with a lvl 80 and both will get XP. But it will be proportional to the lvl, dont expect to kill a lvl 80 monster and give the lvl 1 100k xp.

Also remember that if 2 characters in the party are 10 lvls apart,  you wont get any drop or adena. Well, you get Nectars i think...

2 minutes ago, Jugulator said:

Yes, you can group a lvl 1 character with a lvl 80 and both will get XP. But it will be proportional to the lvl, dont expect to kill a lvl 80 monster and give the lvl 1 100k xp.

Also remember that if 2 characters in the party are 10 lvls apart,  you wont get any drop or adena. Well, you get Nectars i think...

Party Penalty Removal 

The 0 XP distribution penalty for having a character 15 levels or higher has been temporarily removed during the event period.

i mean this not true i test and that not work i didnt get normal exp but ncsoft said party penalty is removed

22 minutes ago, BorishtheBlade said:

Party Penalty Removal 

The 0 XP distribution penalty for having a character 15 levels or higher has been temporarily removed during the event period.

i mean this not true i test and that not work i didnt get normal exp but ncsoft said party penalty is removed

Then test it again, because it works. I tried with characters with 50 levels difference and both get  xp. 

12 minutes ago, Jugulator said:

Then test it again, because it works. I tried with characters with 50 levels difference and both get  xp. 

https://imgur.com/CXD2GVv     

https://imgur.com/NCJcgOz

ok i made test but have exp penalty they both get exp but with penalty for lower level char

Party Penalty Removal 

Edited by BorishtheBlade
wrong text

1 hour ago, Jugulator said:

He means a penalty exists, the description of the event alludes that the penalty was REMOVED. Instead you of getting 0 xp when a 15 level disparity exists, you get some experience but at a greatly reduced rate.

1 hour ago, BorishtheBlade said:

https://imgur.com/CXD2GVv     

https://imgur.com/NCJcgOz

ok i made test but have exp penalty they both get exp but with penalty for lower level char

Party Penalty Removal 

The XP level penalty still exists, but instead of getting 0 exp for 15 levels or more, you get treated like a 14 level difference..

For reference..

1 Level difference = 98% of xp is gained

8 Level difference = 81% of xp is gained

14 level difference = 19% of xp is gained.

refer to below link for the full "table"

(https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/638688/)

This table of course is based on 4Game's rates, based on your screen shots it looks like its about 12% of xp.

Keep in mind you get NO drops of any sort adena or otherwise when grouped with someone 9 levels below you, so this isn't even worth it unless you're desperate to afk grind.

Your best bet is to find a group doing low level RBs, buy a cursed maingauche and go if you want to level an alternate character quickly. 

I also tested this having a lv40 group with lv78s in forge of gods for 8 hours, the lv40 got one level exactly. We got no evolutionary stones etc, 100% not worth it.

59 minutes ago, ohfuggle said:

He means a penalty exists, the description of the event alludes that the penalty was REMOVED. Instead you of getting 0 xp when a 15 level disparity exists, you get some experience but at a greatly reduced rate.

The XP level penalty still exists, but instead of getting 0 exp for 15 levels or more, you get treated like a 14 level difference..

For reference..

1 Level difference = 98% of xp is gained

8 Level difference = 81% of xp is gained

14 level difference = 19% of xp is gained.

refer to below link for the full "table"

(https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/638688/)

This table of course is based on 4Game's rates, based on your screen shots it looks like its about 12% of xp.

Keep in mind you get NO drops of any sort adena or otherwise when grouped with someone 9 levels below you, so this isn't even worth it unless you're desperate to afk grind.

Your best bet is to find a group doing low level RBs, buy a cursed maingauche and go if you want to level an alternate character quickly. 

I also tested this having a lv40 group with lv78s in forge of gods for 8 hours, the lv40 got one level exactly. We got no evolutionary stones etc, 100% not worth it.

If you're trying to boost a toon, It needs to be in Duo, setting it with a full party is an extreme nerf to the xp it will get, because you boost by 2.2 for 9 people. then divide by 9. then that toon only gets 12% of that amount.... of course it doesnt gain any xp. now put it in duo. boost that xp by 1.5, divide by 2, then give it 12% of that xp. number is much higher.

100000 x 2.2 = 220000 / 9 = 24444 * .12 = 2933

100000 x 1.5 = 150000 / 2 = 75000 * .12 = 9000

See the problem?

It also depends where you're hunting, do you not need BD/SWS/WC buffs? Are you joining the group every buff round and dropping after? Do you need heals inside party?

Additionally you get no loot. The best way to boost a toon is through RBs, hands down. This server setting is not worth it at all, even 9000 xp is crap, especially considering the rigamarole you have to go through to even attempt to make it efficient.

Now if a low level character earned experience with 0% penalty, it would be worth it. Would you have a LOT of characters getting to level 50-60 quickly? Yes. But the progression would slow down incredibly past 60, and still would take a large amount of time to get to 76.

With the current "event" settings, even duo, you're looking at weeks of 24/7 grinding to gain a handful of levels. Again - RBs are much superior.

4 hours ago, Jugulator said:

In my experience drops stop if there is a character level spread of 9 or more. When I put my newly made BD into my party when it was 9 levels lower I had no drops. Soon as it was 8 levels lower than the rest the drops restarted.

Well, this event was too good to be true and the planning was kinda poor. What did you expect to happen when you gather all characters on a heavy server in a single location twice a day? You could, for starters, make the event available in several locations.

Also, what's going on with the +++gear? I played the REAL lineage and we never saw so many ++++weapons and armors for years. This looks like a free server more and more.

You are "bleeding" old school players that came for nostalgia and found P2W events, farmer bot clans that pimp bosses and PK players as they wish to prevent their XP, +++gear on no grade toons and events that do not deliver.

You can't advertise CLASSIC and give us this mixed game.

Get your things together...

13 minutes ago, Tulcas said:

Well, this event was too good to be true and the planning was kinda poor. What did you expect to happen when you gather all characters on a heavy server in a single location twice a day? You could, for starters, make the event available in several locations.

Also, what's going on with the +++gear? I played the REAL lineage and we never saw so many ++++weapons and armors for years. This looks like a free server more and more.

You are "bleeding" old school players that came for nostalgia and found P2W events, farmer bot clans that pimp bosses and PK players as they wish to prevent their XP, +++gear on no grade toons and events that do not deliver.

You can't advertise CLASSIC and give us this mixed game.

Get your things together...

The normal characters gathering in one spot on the server wasn't really the problem. The problem was the people that were bringing 20 50 and even 100s of characters each via bot programs to try to win the weapon. I'm pretty sure that was what the NCwest people were talking about when they mentioned people trying to exploit the event.

I agree with the rest.

The handing out of OE weapons has gotten so ridiculous that bot parties are rolling around with +8 and higher weapons...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

• Juji unpinned this topic