Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Friday, June 14, 2019

Juji

Funny how there is not a single reply in this thread from the company, yet somehow they had the time to delete my post which said something along the lines of: "What if Juji and Hime are actually AI bots. Think about it, that would actually explain everything..."

Go figure.

17 minutes ago, Kasemets said:

Funny how there is not a single reply in this thread from the company, yet somehow they had the time to delete my post which said something along the lines of: "What if Juji and Hime are actually AI bots. Think about it, that would actually explain everything..."

Go figure.

Of course they read our comments, they just don't know how to reply / don't care. 

They cant allow full +150% xp... if you are leveling 70 and below thats fine, but at 80+.... you will have toons that break things at 80 and especially 81 ;) i dont think you realize just how fast the xp is even with this minor boost.

1 hour ago, Zuruly said:

Of course they read our comments, they just don't know how to reply / don't care. 

I`m quite sure its some intern that manages forum. 

Juji enjoys his weekend. ^^

• L2 Team

Hello All,

I have been reading all of your replies in this thread and looking into different options with the current 15th Anniversary event. The dev team requested that we quickly remove the cake raid event to prevent further instability and abuse on the Classic Servers. I tried spawning the Fioti NPC manually today, but there was no message prompt for claiming a reward or the instant XP/SP. The Fioti NPC seems to be directly tied to your character's participation in the Cake Raid. I will ask the Dev team if they can adjust the raid without the top rewards, while only granting the XP/SP. In the meantime, we plan to add a compensation pack to the store next week. Apologies again for these recent changes to the event!

Best Regards,
Juji

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

I have been reading all of your replies in this thread and looking into different options with the current 15th Anniversary event. The dev team requested that we quickly remove the cake raid event to prevent further instability and abuse on the Classic Servers. I tried spawning the Fioti NPC manually today, but there was no message prompt for claiming a reward or the instant XP/SP. The Fioti NPC seems to be directly tied to your character's participation in the Cake Raid. I will ask the Dev team if they can adjust the raid without the top rewards, while only granting the XP/SP. In the meantime, we plan to add a compensation pack to the store next week. Apologies again for these recent changes to the event!

Best Regards,
Juji

Spawning the cake ( even with no rewards) will still mean the server will lag. Unless, of course, you spawn a cake + a Fioti in every town, so as to not gather everyone in the same place.

12 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

Glad that you listened to the community for once. Hope the dev team can solve the issue, we really don't care about top rewards considering that botters use exploits to win anyway. 

2 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

Spawning the cake ( even with no rewards) will still mean the server will lag. Unless, of course, you spawn a cake + a Fioti in every town, so as to not gather everyone in the same place.

This. Spawning Fioti in different starting villages (Talking Island, Elven Village and Dwarven Village) will prevent overload. 

4 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

This is what I was thinking. Perhaps a cake that spawns in each of the 5 starting villages but make them have 1/5 of the hp that way if you happen to be in an area where there aren't many people you don't have to sit there for hours trying to kill it with only a few people. Or make the cake spawn more often but put a cd on the npc that resets twice per day so at max you can get it twice per day like it was intended.

Basically anything to not have 1500+ people in the same area at once.

41 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

Good to hear. Just be more active and use common sense faster. This very same message should have been delivered 48 hours ago.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

Thank you @Juji for reading our feedback and responding, as you can tell this thread has a lot of visibility on it (over 12k views).

The easiest solution would be to just introduce some server settings. The top rewards while very nice, were VERY overpowered for what our server needs right now. There are less then a few dozen +15 weapons on the server as is and we certainly don't need more artificially introduced. 

The easy fix would be a series of server settings, I haven't run into a single person on this server who didn't love the 100% drop rate, no xp loss on death event. Everyone LOVED it. Additionally if you bumped the 50% experience to 150% along with those, you would literally exceed everyone's expectations. A compensation package while nice does pale in comparison to what the original Cake Raid offered in terms if experience.

The aforementioned server settings would match the previous rewards while inviting players to log on and actively hunt and play. At the core of any MMO having a playerbase log in and be active is the most important thing you as a producer could help encourage.

A compensation package is a nice gesture, but nothing in that pack would be able to compare to what the original event offered or my suggested server settings.

Thank you again for time.

-One edit: the server settings are a fool proof solution, there is no question if the event will work or not.

Edited by ohfuggle
  • Like 1

Thanks alot Juji, if you could get it back just with exp and sp.this would be more then anyone could ask. So many people feel crushed when it got removed, Thanks alot for trying to get it back. It meens alot to very many people. If its abit laggy so be it. its worth it. Have a nice weekend everyone

25 minutes ago, iKepler said:

@Juji why not reintroduce the event with some limits? For example only for VIP players or only 60+ players. The problem is that too many people are bringing lvl 1 boxes with macro just to farm the event and lagging the server.

you obviously think about yourself by offering the most stupid idea of the limitations of level or vip , so if i got vip4 or vip1 or no vip and maybe i am 39 lvl so will not I be able to participate? Event is for everyone and everyone has a chance to get some reward and will have an incentive to play does not get that he is currently pay to win at the moment

57 minutes ago, Hector11 said:

you obviously think about yourself by offering the most stupid idea of the limitations of level or vip , so if i got vip4 or vip1 or no vip and maybe i am 39 lvl so will not I be able to participate? Event is for everyone and everyone has a chance to get some reward and will have an incentive to play does not get that he is currently pay to win at the moment

If the +16 items are removed, that by itself is already a limit, no reason to bring level ones anymore.

And I am glad that @Juji responded. There is yet hope for this situation.

49 minutes ago, Hector11 said:

Hmmm.. I know you just started playing Hector, but It's not a stupid idea. iKepler has a point. Ppl trying to scam the event by creating a bunch of characters.. That's why they are having problems.. Also, its all at the same time, so servers get over loaded and like GMs said, there were issues with that. Perhaps making different hours for the event for each server might solve the problem.. In addition, It only takes an hour or so to get lvl 20, so putting a lvl/VIP restrictions isn't such a bad idea. Either way, high rewards are not coming back according to what GMs are saying, so don't fight ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

That is good to hear that you've been reading through everything and NC is thinking of a fix and compensation. 

I do hope it is comparable to the original event, for all players. So everyone will be happy/content, and not leave the game. As many have put their idea of leaving on halt, with the "hope" NCSoft wont let them down again with the event.

1 hour ago, Immabe said:

Hmmm.. I know you just started playing Hector, but It's not a stupid idea. iKepler has a point. Ppl trying to scam the event by creating a bunch of characters.. That's why they are having problems.. Also, its all at the same time, so servers get over loaded and like GMs said, there were issues with that. Perhaps making different hours for the event for each server might solve the problem.. In addition, It only takes an hour or so to get lvl 20, so putting a lvl/VIP restrictions isn't such a bad idea. Either way, high rewards are not coming back according to what GMs are saying, so don't fight ;) 

Actually is a terrible and miserable idea from both of you, It will turn this 15th Anniversary event into a PAY2Win event again, you don't pay you don't get any exp. I have VIP 4 in my main account since October so your dumb idea is I have to pay more NC coins to get my 2 buffers to catch me up? Don't think only in yourself, yes, maybe u got the money and you don't have to put food on your table but I do. So don't come up with these stingy pay2win ideas and BOTS will always find a way to expoit the game and events that's a cheap excuse to restrict the ULTIMATE 15th Aniiversary just for vip accounts, gimme a break.... 

They just need to remove the pointless +15 Gear and put EXP/SP back and summon cakes in each town to reduce lag.... PROBLEM SOLVED.

5 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

#BringBackFioti

o/

7 minutes ago, Villacolors said:

Actually is a terrible and miserable idea from both of you, It will turn this 15th Anniversary event into a PAY2Win event again, you don't pay you don't get any exp. I have VIP 4 in my main account since October so your dumb idea is I have to pay more NC coins to get my 2 buffers to catch me up? Don't think only in yourself, yes, maybe u got the money and you don't have to put food on your table but I do. So don't come up with these stingy pay2win ideas and BOTS will always find a way to expoit the game and events that's a cheap excuse to restrict the ULTIMATE 15th Aniiversary just for vip accounts, gimme a break.... 

They just need to remove the pointless +15 Gear and put EXP/SP back and summon cakes in each town to reduce lag.... PROBLEM SOLVED.

What are you talking about? It is P2W period! If this game wasn't then I would agree with you.. but unfortunately its not because they made it this way..