Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmazingGraves

PROGRAMS AND BOTS

Recommended Posts

 

are not you seeing endless numbers of bots walking in the same areas in some places of the game? they die and come back so fast. is obviously they use third-party programs is like infinity chars. we could not play with players like that

dont have staff  on game for  do something about this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xess    1

no staff on game to avoid corruption or taking sides

now is era of machine learning AI

program code will detect bots behavior and process it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xess said:

no staff on game to avoid corruption or taking sides

now is era of machine learning AI

program code will detect bots behavior and process it

well they are doing a good job detecting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashili    2
18 hours ago, AmazingGraves said:

well they are doing a good job detecting

LOL. seeing the amount of bots, they are failling hard trying to detect them.

What a Joke,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxbutcherxx    13

Is sad people still don't get it, why do you think they added the loop macro, unlimited clients and removed XING? if you can't beat the enemy, ?? Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scientist    0

Hello,

 

Where can we report Bots? I have a video of a player using 3rd party programme, and at the same time a pk char to kill everyone else getting xp in the same area.

Its toxic for the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ohfuggle    8

If you pk someone, then rez their character and they take it, its a program not a macro.

NCsoft isn't permitted to scan processes running on your computer, or rather they're not supposed to. This is why they can't detect the bot.

You as a player can punish botters though, I know for a fact some folks on Giran delv'd an entire macro party from 76 down to lv40ish using 1000's of rez scrolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ohfuggle said:

NCsoft isn't permitted to scan processes running on your computer, or rather they're not supposed to. This is why they can't detect the bot.

Oh that's not true at all. xigncode3 did exactly that and so does any number of anti-cheat systems on a wide range of very popular games. The problem is there are multiple ways to hide processes and xigncode3 couldn't keep up.

Also it isn't a macro party if they are using a bot. A macro party can't accept resses...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ohfuggle    8
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Oh that's not true at all. xigncode3 did exactly that and so does any number of anti-cheat systems on a wide range of very popular games. The problem is there are multiple ways to hide processes and xigncode3 couldn't keep up.

Also it isn't a macro party if they are using a bot. A macro party can't accept resses...

From the EULA:

"NCSOFT HAS THE RIGHT, BUT NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR OPERATION OF ANY SERVICE, CONTENT OR GAME AT ANY TIME AND IN ANY MATTER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MONITORING COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACES, STORAGE DEVICES, RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY OR CPU PROCESSES RELATED TO HARDWARE YOU USE WITH THE GAME."

Aka NCSOFT can monitor communications, interfaces, storage devices, RAM and CPU processes that are used to interact with the game. They can't for example scan a web browser with a bot software homepage opened. They can't scan CPU processes or RAM associated with League of Legends or other processes not associated with the game.

Renaming the process is exactly how botters attempt to get around this, but definitions are added to add these process names to their malicious software list. At some point bot programs must interface with the game via computer hardware, thus allowing monitoring. Xigncode3 looks for instances of these known processes interacting with the game, then scans for specific file names and sends the hashcode of the file and name to themselves. Although for Xigncode its fairly useless since packet sniffers don't leave a trace. At most (outside of updating "known" names) I'd say xigncode could log what programs are being used to send key presses to the client, and use said information to update known processes or trigger a filename search. While most botters may be smart enough to their the process name, the guts of the program itself probably doesn't.

(QA on how xigncode works - https://steamcommunity.com/games/582660/announcements/detail/3062859752419178244)

Also I already started that the primary difference between a bot and a macro, is macro's don't accept rezzes (nor cast them).

Edited by ohfuggle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KurtV    0

Its easy to check if someone use macro of 3rd program (bot).

macro:

- dont heal himself when hp goes down, can do it with delay

- follow mob, so you can take him to other spot and he will die

- don't come back after die

bot:

- heal himself or his pet when you hit him

- never change sopt, he allways come back to area

- after  death come back to area

- if more bots in party he will get rez in sec.

- most of them play on summoners

 

I know its hard to play here now :( most of good spots are taken by bots but guys: SEND TICKETS! ITS HELP REALLY!  I reported 2 bots and they got ban after few days! So its work. Now your turn. If everyone report few bots, there will be more place for normal players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ohfuggle said:

From the EULA:

"NCSOFT HAS THE RIGHT, BUT NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR OPERATION OF ANY SERVICE, CONTENT OR GAME AT ANY TIME AND IN ANY MATTER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MONITORING COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACES, STORAGE DEVICES, RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY OR CPU PROCESSES RELATED TO HARDWARE YOU USE WITH THE GAME."

Aka NCSOFT can monitor communications, interfaces, storage devices, RAM and CPU processes that are used to interact with the game. They can't for example scan a web browser with a bot software homepage opened. They can't scan CPU processes or RAM associated with League of Legends or other processes not associated with the game.

Renaming the process is exactly how botters attempt to get around this, but definitions are added to add these process names to their malicious software list. At some point bot programs must interface with the game via computer hardware, thus allowing monitoring. Xigncode3 looks for instances of these known processes interacting with the game, then scans for specific file names and sends the hashcode of the file and name to themselves. Although for Xigncode its fairly useless since packet sniffers don't leave a trace. At most (outside of updating "known" names) I'd say xigncode could log what programs are being used to send key presses to the client, and use said information to update known processes or trigger a filename search. While most botters may be smart enough to their the process name, the guts of the program itself probably doesn't.

(QA on how xigncode works - https://steamcommunity.com/games/582660/announcements/detail/3062859752419178244)

Also I already started that the primary difference between a bot and a macro, is macro's don't accept rezzes (nor cast them).

IF you're browsing the web on the same computer that is running L2. Then the web site and all associated information can be scanned as it's on the same hardware. Ditto for LoL and everything else running on that hardware.

Besides EULAs aren't laws and can be changed at any moment without a notice. A lot of what gets put into EULAs can't even be enforced under current laws depending on your country.

Renaming is just one of many ways botters can try to get around detection. There for a while the best way around Blizzard's warden was to use a rootkit to hide your botting/cheating software and the popular rootkit to use was a modified version of Sony's DRM rootkit they used on some CDs....

You're the one who claimed a macro party was de-leveled via res scrolls...

 

Quote

I know for a fact some folks on Giran delv'd an entire macro party from 76 down to lv40ish using 1000's of rez scrolls






 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KurtV said:

Its easy to check if someone use macro of 3rd program (bot).

macro:

- dont heal himself when hp goes down, can do it with delay

- follow mob, so you can take him to other spot and he will die

- don't come back after die

bot:

- heal himself or his pet when you hit him

- never change sopt, he allways come back to area

- after  death come back to area

- if more bots in party he will get rez in sec.

- most of them play on summoners

 

I know its hard to play here now :( most of good spots are taken by bots but guys: SEND TICKETS! ITS HELP REALLY!  I reported 2 bots and they got ban after few days! So its work. Now your turn. If everyone report few bots, there will be more place for normal players.

 

Some time ago I had a fellow who was insistent that I was botting despite me being there talking to him. He tried the drag mob thing away to get some of my DPS stuck and I just clicked manually on the game clients to get them around the corner back with the group and that was outright proof I was botting because the characters moved back...

I ended up just setting next target to mobs and  put taunt on the tank's macro to stop that. Granted at that point I was vulnerable to pvp hijinks but at least that would require some effort. I hadn't bothered with taunt as the tank was keeping aggro "good enough" with it's DPS focused macro.

If I was to redo my group with the knowledge I have now things would be very different. When farming with ponies you don't even need buffers or a tank...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×