XP Boost (event fix)

@Juji

In the information given, the ingame announcement states that xp will be BOOSTED by 150% (+150%) which would be 250% of base XP. As has been posted here in several other threads, the xp is actually only boosted by +50% (which would read xp will be set to 150%, not +150%). The wording is confusing and causing a lot of people to feel extremely cheated by the event, To give you an idea, Im being boosted by a high level toon in an elemental zone, at the current rate of xp, it will take me 10 hours at least of straight grind to get what I was getting from cake (200m xp). Im not asking for an easy button, I understand the cake/fioti was a bad idea because it literally causes the players to unintentionally ddos the server. I think this will also bring in higher revenue, because some of us with top level parties/chars will full boost to reach party goals like 80/81 in shorter amounts of time.

Can you please look into setting the rate to +150 instead of @150. Thank you.

He claimed to be taking all our feedback and have a solution available soon.

I think the easy, sure fire, no fail fix would be to change the server (which we both agree) to 250% (150% boost of base rate) + 100% drop rate + no xp loss on death.

I think ... he's trying to have the developers alter fioti in order to award experience twice daily, which I think is a mistake.

Either way we should hear something by Tomorrow, changes I would think would go in during normal maintenance versus unscheduled.

A monster gives 2000 xp to the player upon it's death.

Since the monster is listed in the DB to give 2000 XP then the 2000 XP awarded is 100% of the potential base XP

If you add 50% to that 100% aka 150% you get 3000 XP and that's what is going on with the classic server XP rate

I think it's easier to see what is going on if you convert the percentage to decimal form. Basically the percentage means over 100. So you take the percentage and divide by 100 to get the decimal version.

100% divided by 100 = 1

1 x 2000 = 2000 XP

150% divided by 100 = 1.5

1.5 x 2000 = 3000 XP

The cake event was a bad idea because the stupid over enchanted weapons was motivating people to log in 100s of botted accounts each in an attempt to score a weapon. I'd rather have the XP but I'm glad at least they removed the reward so the botters won't be even better off than before... I'm already seeing clearly botted groups running around with +7 and higher weapon on 5 or more characters. it's absolutely ridiculous that botters feel that confident that they are willing to throw hundreds of millions down for a weapon on each character that they are botting 24/7.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

2 hours ago, Nards88 said:

@Juji

In the information given, the ingame announcement states that xp will be BOOSTED by 150% (+150%) which would be 250% of base XP. As has been posted here in several other threads, the xp is actually only boosted by +50% (which would read xp will be set to 150%, not +150%). The wording is confusing and causing a lot of people to feel extremely cheated.

Can you please look into setting the rate to +150 instead of @150. Thank you.

48 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The cake event was a bad idea because the stupid over enchanted weapons was motivating people to log in 100s of botted accounts each in an attempt to score a weapon. I'd rather have the XP but I'm glad at least they removed the reward so the botters won't be even better off than before... I'm already seeing clearly botted groups running around with +7 and higher weapon on 5 or more characters. it's absolutely ridiculous that botters feel that confident that they are willing to throw hundreds of millions down for a weapon on each character that they are botting 24/7.

OP understood the math, like many thought he believes Juji's original statement of "150% boost" was inaccurate, as the reality is its a 50% boost. 

Like me, hes arguing for an actual 150% boost, which would (as we ALL understand) equate to a total of 250%.

I agree the +15/+16 A/B grade weapons and +10 armor sets was stupid. Who's idea was that anyhow I wonder?

Wow, so instead of fixing the event, or giving what was promised (+150% boost), add another xp talisman (so any new/low level toon has to spend 5m to use both)

AND add a pay2win item on top?

lol seriously?