Need some HELP/IDEAS

max23

Hi,

I have recently changed my dual class with the Red Libra event. The problem is that my subclass is 107lvl. As you understand it took years of exp to get there and trillion of SP.  I didn’t remember how much each skill costed (I mean who really pays attention to this especially if it’s gonna take almost a year with normal exping to get there) and now I can get my skills up to lvl 102-103. I opened a ticket to NC about the matter but of course the ignored me. I didn’t ask for any refund for the skills I got to +20 or the rune stones spend. I only asked for some SP just to get my char playable. I realized just to get one skill I need around 200+million SP and imagine how many skill I have till i get to 107 skills. Going to instances won’t do because nobody will get a 107 char with 102 skills no matter how good gear you have. On the other hand nobody will get 107 lvl char on 102 instances because they loose xp. Solo xp in hell bound let’s say is useless as it will take years to get the SP even with SP Rune 200%. 

Any ideas or should I just sell the account and quit?

Edited by max23

Hi man,

I wouldn't bother with tickets.

If you decide to play that subclass, just gear it up and ask a friend or join your bot train afk macro party for 1 hour. Boom, SP will be there for you to learn the skils you need.

If you can't wait 1 hour to leech the appropriate sp, buy sp scrolls. 

If you don't want to waste as much money, buy an SP rune. There are some available ingame from players that are utterly worthless.

The most vital question you have asked is the very last sentence. 

Should you sell and quit.

While I wouldn't advise you to sell that account, as it is against EULA (plus the fact that you just advertised it), I would advise you to consider quiting.

What's in it for you here? Spending hours and hours to exp, while now we can be 104 in 2 days?

cheers!

you just take SP rune 30 days or 7 days from your WH, they were giving those for free as I remember and put your char on macro for few days, your SP will get to max pretty easy if you are decent gear. 

Edited by Argus

You made it to 107 and you can’t kills mobs for the sp needed above 103 skills ? Just lol . 1) Did you learn only the skills needed ? 2) did you make sure to be caped on sp before you made the change ? 3) are you a part of any clan cp ? 4) do you have even 1 friend in game to ask help from ? I can ask you more questions but you got the point . 

First of all thanks for your replies.

maybe I didn’t mention it correctly, I did use the 7day 200% sp rune and after of 1 day macro xp in hellbound I didn’t manage to collect sp even for 1 skill. My gear is not the best but ain’t bad either +10 set and +12 weap 7s insanity etc

still the char with 102 skills is pretty much 102lvl actually so I can’t go to elven for xp I would be 1hit ko.

if it would be 1 hour sp farm I wouldn’t even mention it but mobs give you 1m sp at best and I need 200m sp for 1 skill at 102lvl. So imagine how much sp you will need for 107 skill. 

I need to kill antharas valakas and Lindvior solo about 10 times to collect the Sp I need. 

Any other ideas?

28 minutes ago, max23 said:

First of all thanks for your replies.

maybe I didn’t mention it correctly, I did use the 7day 200% sp rune and after of 1 day macro xp in hellbound I didn’t manage to collect sp even for 1 skill. My gear is not the best but ain’t bad either +10 set and +12 weap 7s insanity etc

still the char with 102 skills is pretty much 102lvl actually so I can’t go to elven for xp I would be 1hit ko.

if it would be 1 hour sp farm I wouldn’t even mention it but mobs give you 1m sp at best and I need 200m sp for 1 skill at 102lvl. So imagine how much sp you will need for 107 skill. 

I need to kill antharas valakas and Lindvior solo about 10 times to collect the Sp I need. 

Any other ideas?

Sry dude, you sound like a person who dont know how to play this game :) You sound like a person who brought this toon. Or who quit and return now :)(later edit)

First,wth what are you doing in Hellbound at 107(even with 102-103 skils)?

What is your class? Are you healer? Coz with that gear even an ISS can farm in Tanor or Aligator with a little help :) In case you didnt notice ppl almost stop farm in Elven...

Edited by Pleistoros

@Pleistoros

the truth is that last time I played the game in alligator Island I was exping 20lvl chars. I realized they changed it but I wouldn’t dare to go since my char kills mobs in rift 100 with two-three hit when I should be doing one hit. I’m othell now.

when talking about little help what do you mean? I have my iss with Pom plus Taurus. Is that the help you are talking about or you mean party?

is the sp given there good? I haven’t tried it so I don’t know

I believe max23 was playing before, but most of the time he was doing instances, no open field xp.. correct me if I am wrong.

Again on your level with your gear and support toons you can make a very efficient macro with othell - try Enchanted Valey / Aligator's island / Tanor Canyon / Fields of Silence,  HB should be on the low side of XP/SP .. I think you had Feoh before, Necromancer I don't remember.. 

You need to tests spots and XP zones. Learn how the new macro works, atm it is crazy efficient on othell, because you change target only when monster is dead.

Just take a moment, think about optimizing your gear, get most of the dmg you can out of the equipment you have and macro for few days in DIFFERENT SPOTS, no one knows exactly how is your character build, so test yourself no other way really.

Thank you Argus yeah that’s correct. I was a feoh before. So I’ll give it a try later to see how is the SP in those areas. I’m sure it’s gonna take a while but hopefully i will be able to regenerate the sp. 

I still haven’t found an efficient way of macroing with othell and iss. As a feoh you don’t need to move so you can use your iss but with othell that moves all the time and fast the iss loose you after awhile and you end up dead!!

You can go to Enchanted Valley for test, mobs there are stacked in groups, I think South had easy mobs, go there 1st, if mobs are easy go to North. Last update EV got boosts to XP/SP ( same for few other zones ), test there get some SP learn skills and go to other zones. With othell the best spots are those where mobs are grouped or stacked. Field of Silence has small groups. When mobs are grouped there is no risk for you jumping to other spots, iss will stay close and buff you.

Put a simple iss macro buffs and pom + set all his buffs on auto trigger. On othell play with the new macro system, basically you will target and kill monsters 1 by 1, use self buffs also on auto trigger so you have them up all the time. In some zones your macro can be on Close range option ( which I belive is 600 range) and auto pick up on. Give it a go, if few days you will be fine. 

40 minutes ago, max23 said:

Thank you Argus yeah that’s correct. I was a feoh before. So I’ll give it a try later to see how is the SP in those areas. I’m sure it’s gonna take a while but hopefully i will be able to regenerate the sp. 

I still haven’t found an efficient way of macroing with othell and iss. As a feoh you don’t need to move so you can use your iss but with othell that moves all the time and fast the iss loose you after awhile and you end up dead!!

Oh well, with your items should be fast enough in Tanor :)

Find a small mob group, set on all auto buffs on othel, set macro with your important skils like: shadow chase/skill /skill 2/skill 3, turn on auto hunt for distance. Forget cW, you should kill those mobs in 2-3 hits.
Set iss to give  all auto buffs on and make a macro like this:/target iss, harmony, heal then target othel, harmony, pom,heal,assist and then those debuff skills.

Check if you have set properly dualclass skils and you are on the warrior tree not on mage :D(happent to me...imagine an othel with matack) .

Last fine tune your macro :)

So I tried Tanor and was a fail!! I can kill them but definately not in macro. I double check my skills and actually the skills are 101lvl not 102. Thats why my char cant hit for shit! I end up on hellbound again all night and no sp even for 1 skill ^^

Othels are not complicated toons, they are just special :). Here some facts to guide you:
-pcrit and pskill crit damage count the same in damage economy
-their hits crit all the time
-they have 3 tipe of crits...not 2 as all other classes
-pcrit damage, pskill crit damage and blow tipe crits
-blow tipe crits are x3 of pcrit+pcrit damage combine(its an approximation)

So your goal is to give 100% blow tipe hits, that mean you have to be in the 90+ dex area.

I hope this was helpful.

Hellbound monsters are lvl 99 and you are 107 (mobs should be light blue). That means you get significant exp sp and drop reduction. For better results try a place where mobs are at least light green (lvl 102, enchanted valley). Although I assume 107 player should know this.

Othell with the items you mentioned should be able to farm EV without trouble, so since problems are not due to equipment I can only guess, that it could be:

a)You don't know how to use the new macro after Fafurion update;

b)You haven't lvled some very important masteries at all (superior dagger or dual dagger, depending what you use, superior critical mastery...);

c)You are not in a clan and don't receive clan advent buff (although with your equipment this shouldn't be an issue, but might help);

d)Something else;

So the problem with the skills I’m mentioning is the passive skills. That’s where I loose all my power. If you don’t have those skills technically you are not the level is written.

secondly, regarding why hellbound and not enchanted valley or mahum or silenos or atelia refinery or any of those is first I get more sp per hour if I kill mobs quickly as I do in hellbound second all those areas you mentioned have immunity to Daggers half kill etc, which means more effort by my char more ss less sp per hour most probable death at some point.

Honestly I’m getting desperate! I’m working so I cannot be full time player. So it has to be afk plus the sp regained is so little even with sp rune.

it kinda feels like you have to re lvl char back to 107 to recover the sp

1 hour ago, mixa said:

How did your get to 107 and you're not maxed out on SP?

that would be absolutely impossible. unless he lvl'd up with xp scrolls. i guess that's what really happened.

Edited by mukazala

1 hour ago, mixa said:

How did your get to 107 and you're not maxed out on SP?

Max SP is it not enough to learn all the skils, I just reawekened my dual at max sp....
I reawakend at 104 and 90%, I farm the rest 10% to 105 .....I still need sp to learn last 5 skils.

Guys honestly!!

first of all to get 107 with xp scrolls you need more than 200b adena! Who would honesty do that! I used xp runes  and sp runes and it took me almost a year to get to 107! 

However having skills enchanted at +17 and +21 you realize how much fails it takes and how much sp you waste!

thats how you don’t get enough sp! 

Plus as the guy said before max sp isn’t enough! Something I didn’t know!

2 hours ago, max23 said:

So the problem with the skills I’m mentioning is the passive skills. That’s where I loose all my power. If you don’t have those skills technically you are not the level is written.

My gear is not the best but ain’t bad either +10 set and +12 weap 7s insanity etc

what are you talking about? you get passive at 100 and 104... again its not a wow difference not even a signifiant one.

https://l2wiki.com/Othell_Ghost_Hunter#100

https://l2wiki.com/Othell_Ghost_Hunter#104

You are doing something terrible wrong if you cant kill fast with your gear, take me for example...I dont have a +10 set or pve weapon, just a bless apo+16 and a +8 bloody; I dont have insanity just longing; I dont have 7s just anakin, just lvl 3 jewels, not even +4 bracelet,etc....I bet you have a better cloak, better jewels,better everything....and I still kill in tanor in 6-7 hits mobs, you dont. Thats odd no?
Ahh, not to mention im Orc and I have str dyes....terrible choice for dagger :))

Edited by Pleistoros

1 hour ago, Pleistoros said:

Max SP is it not enough to learn all the skils, I just reawekened my dual at max sp....
I reawakend at 104 and 90%, I farm the rest 10% to 105 .....I still need sp to learn last 5 skils.

Depends on the class I guess, when I changed one of my toons on lv106, I've learned all the skills and even had some SP left over.

Anyway, farm in Alligator Island and you'll have your SP quite fast. In HB there are literally no mobs for lv107, everything you kill there is with huge penalty.

@Pleistoros I get your point now and I think I know what is my problem! 

The problem is that my stats (the points you get every lvl and you update) are still as wiz (had no sp to rest them :D) plus I have no dyes bcs I have chgd my dual a couple of times Before and as you can see I get bored easily and want something else! 

Might be affecting my overall char I guess! 

I think if I had forseen this coming I would have used my sp more wisely at least to be able to recover it quicklier...

for now the only thing that would save me it would be time and patience... which I don’t really have! 

I got to 109 lvl few days ago, I had MAX SP and it took me 2 days to learn all skills ( you need much more SP per skill than 105-108). I think for 2 days I got 3 or 4 times my SP from basically 0 to max, that was enough for all. 

What you need to do is - set your iss to buff you and your othell to kill mobs by using the new macro system in EV for example, stay there for few days and learn all your skills. I remember you had good gear. Just find a decent place, where you can stay comfortably.

I believe after taking all passive/active skills to max lvl + do some enchants + get some augments + optimizing your ability points/passive skills from dual class/sub class you will be able to farm almost any solo zone atm. Check all your gear slots, maybe you can trade/buy/upgrade some items.

You can also try refinery, not in the rooms but outside in the corridor, there are spots with 4 mobs only you should be able to handle them.

PS: I was farming SUPERION on macro with my othell dual class 105 adventurer + hiero like 6-7 months ago. I was doing tests there with +15 STR or +15 DEX and always had problem with full STR, after I went back to +15 DEX it was efficient as hell. I have like 135 STR 92 DEX on othell + power skill enchants + dark solo dagger, I can solo pretty much all zones without any consumables. There are some othells from our clan/ally who have less gear but do well in aligators or tanor.