BAN PK CHARS

I'd say "good bye and be sure to close the door", but fact is...this situation really is braindead. @Juji  @Hime

They really need to fix the problem by removing the teleport option for PKs or players engaged in fights (PVP as well)...it's really a braindead option that you can go and do the bleep you want and then port away. The 'revenge system' is not an option either, if he can port away any time he wants. 

First of all we need a fix on the summon's range 'cause they goes like 2000+ range, then remove the option for flagged/PK chars to run with a mount 'cause it's useless when they go 24/7 300 speed and their summons land 3k per splash and stun lock 100% and fix the port problem. 

This things comes from the KR developers, we can't do much about it, so please, do something USEFULL for ONCE. All classic servers are dead, even tho Giran is heavy, it's clearly a "lie" 'cause all you see is a PVE server with people playing over 5-6+ toons per PC with macros. 

Servers are dead and all this crap is making players leaving more and more every day, even tho we all know that NCWest care only about money, do something good for ur community for once.

• Like 1

rofl, another "player" crying....

"Do as I please or I'll leave" - amazin'

PK is integral part of this game and that won't change. Better adapt to it. Also you're probably too invested to leave, so whatever on the levering part xD

13 hours ago, mixa said:

rofl, another "player" crying....

"Do as I please or I'll leave" - amazin'

PK is integral part of this game and that won't change. Better adapt to it. Also you're probably too invested to leave, so whatever on the levering part xD

I usually agree with you but you're dead wrong with this post. PK was an integral part of the game when summons had much shorter ranges and their attacks did a fraction of the damage they do now. PK was an integral part of the game when the only means of teleporting was via skill or scroll scroll usage or by clicking a gatekeeper IN TOWN. Now PKs can instantly teleport out of trouble to any teleport destination on the map. It's utterly broken and nothing like how the classic experience was. A

Now tell me how to adapt to that?

11 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I usually agree with you but you're dead wrong with this post. PK was an integral part of the game when summons had much shorter ranges and their attacks did a fraction of the damage they do now. PK was an integral part of the game when the only means of teleporting was via skill or scroll scroll usage or by clicking a gatekeeper IN TOWN. Now PKs can instantly teleport out of trouble to any teleport destination on the map. It's utterly broken and nothing like how the classic experience was. A

Now tell me how to adapt to that?

Get a high level rez relogged where you farm, when you get pked, rez up and go on. It's not about chasing the PK, since they can make up a whole pt and you still won't be able to kill them. Also there pk can always have a PR nearby and you won't get him, then he can summon himself back and PK you again.I can go in more detail, but you probably know what I'm talking about.

4 hours ago, mixa said:

Get a high level rez relogged where you farm, when you get pked, rez up and go on. It's not about chasing the PK, since they can make up a whole pt and you still won't be able to kill them. Also there pk can always have a PR nearby and you won't get him, then he can summon himself back and PK you again.I can go in more detail, but you probably know what I'm talking about.

The point of the original game was being a PK was a huge risk vs reward.

The risk being you lost gear, couldn't teleport, couldn't go to town, couldn't scroll back to town, couldn't do a lot of things.

The reward .. you got to kill whoever you wanted whenever you wanted.

To say that someone simply being 76+ with a mount, as an elf summoner (the overwhelming majority of pkers server wide) can drop anyone is not how the game ever was, or meant to be. A naked 76 elf summoner shouldn't two shot a fully geared lv79+ character. Let alone be able to teleport away instantly in combat or otherwise.

Its broken, people are abusing it, and its having an impact of a dwindling population. You like to say "luwlz don't let the door hit you on the way out" like statements, but each player that goes isn't replaced by another new one.

WoW classic is on the horizon, every game is going to take a big hit, and the current broken pk system is only going to drive more players away. I personally don't want a zaken 2.0 where the ONLY pvp happened during sieges, or between 3 cps on the server.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:22 AM, mixa said:

I like that your solution is to level up another character to higher level then I am so I can level up to a higher level than I am while dealing with PKers every 30 minutes.

The PKer doesn't even need a party return as all they have to do is click once to vanish instantly to safety. If they want to be cheap then they can just teleport to a low pop area then scroll.

EDIT : I also don't consider "wait for more pay to win so you can resist those magnus better" to be a viable solution.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Ok... So... Maybe you should adapt? I have played here in a week or so. 2 chars lvl 35 now. I got PK'd once in abandoned camp. Sure there are PK's everywhere but gatekeepers offers you a thing called Blessing of Protection. Which means you cant get attacked by a character 10 levels above your own. That should at least fix the issue with  higher level pk'ers for an hour at a time. 

And honestly... Its a big part of the game, its a GREAT part of the game. Just embrace it and adapt your playstyle.

26 minutes ago, Olfert said:

Ok... So... Maybe you should adapt? I have played here in a week or so. 2 chars lvl 35 now. I got PK'd once in abandoned camp. Sure there are PK's everywhere but gatekeepers offers you a thing called Blessing of Protection. Which means you cant get attacked by a character 10 levels above your own. That should at least fix the issue with  higher level pk'ers for an hour at a time. 

And honestly... Its a big part of the game, its a GREAT part of the game. Just embrace it and adapt your playstyle.

Well what server you play on certainly matters as some are vastly more populated than others. My experience on my server is that the lower level areas have few gankers. They tend to stick to the areas that have concentrated numbers of targets like OB/AC/FT/cruma/etc. The real problem came on in the 70s when I started running into magnus PKers riding around on their mount critting for silly damage. The blessing will not help you (they tend to be around 77 for magnus). Being above their level matters only in that you have a little more time to try to escape. Because you're not going to chase down a summoner that is on a mount 2000 distance away while their pet is just smashing you.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game and the experience. The game certainly needs fresh blood. So I don't mean to come across as mean or condescending when I say that level 35 is just the beginning of the experience in this game. You will see things very differently as you level up and gain experiences in this game.