What's the point?

Sgpapa

In the current state that the game is in after implementing macro system I can't help but wondering what's the point of investing money in this game? I have a decent geared toon (insanity, 7 sign, +12 bloody weap, lvl 4 ruby, 10 dark armor etc...).

I game back after a 2 year hiatus, no more parties for instances, grind so on and so forth. Even if a pt is formed the ones participating are low geared and most of the time things like etina or Helios can't be completed. Good geared only macro and rightly so as it's less time consuming. So what's the point of spending $ if in the end of the day the only way someone can lvl up is from playing alone?

Some might argue for PvP but we all know that this is non existent and acquiring hero status is almost next to impossible unless you are an expert in manipulating ah or spend a track load of $.

Something is definitely wrong in the way this game is going.

Edited by Sgpapa
Typographical errors
  • Like 2

Huh, it took you 3 years to realize that? Some of us were on macro 24/7 long ago, right after the game died.

Not to mention that you didn't need parties for many years now. Only the total lamers were making/joining parties, the better players were just solo/duo everything. It just got more pronounced last 1 year or so.

Just accept that the live L2 is on its last legs, barely holding. Enjoy until it lasts.

Edited by mixa

Playing solo is not time consuming at all, you can macro 24/7 and be very efficient. Some people like it and prefer that kind of play. Most of the instances give you nothing, no drop, no xp nothing, so why waste time on those really. I was having fun talking with the guys in TS and doing those before the last update, but now all macro.

Spending $ is optional, if your gear is decent to macro and xp your toon .. ofc why spend more :D  

Many people understand well, why the change to solo macro 24/7 was made...... I just hope, in a future update we are going to get zones for party play, because macroing 24/7 is boring.

I do not play other games at all, I have only Lineage2 installed, but lately I feel the urge to install another game :D a FUN game … 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 4:01 AM, mixa said:

Huh, it took you 3 years to realize that? Some of us were on macro 24/7 long ago, right after the game died.

Not to mention that you didn't need parties for many years now. Only the total lamers were making/joining parties, the better players were just solo/duo everything. It just got more pronounced last 1 year or so.

Just accept that the live L2 is on its last legs, barely holding. Enjoy until it lasts.

Guess that makes me a total lamer. When I was actively playing I would've much rather be in a party. Where's the fun in using macros and soloing?

3 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

Guess that makes me a total lamer. When I was actively playing I would've much rather be in a party. Where's the fun in using macros and soloing?

Draw your own conclusions Sharlanna.

And there is no fun in macroing/afk farming, BUT that was the only thing to actually do after NC decided to go full L2Store and the PvP and mostly everything died out.

@Daikon - how is that incredible? Daikon, you are smart enough to know how ignorant and ratarded these L2 players are

first they cry about bots, then they defend bots

they support pay2win, then they cry about pay2win

they cry about no1 to pvp with, then cry when some1 one-shot them in pvp….

what is truly incredible, is how disrespectful NCscam is to their customers......BUT the customers keep paying them hahahahahahaha, not this guy

9 hours ago, mixa said:

Draw your own conclusions Sharlanna.

And there is no fun in macroing/afk farming, BUT that was the only thing to actually do after NC decided to go full L2Store and the PvP and mostly everything died out.

I drew my own conclusions years ago when I stopped lining NCwest's pockets and became a lot less active. So many of my friends have quit or rarely log in. But you totally missed my point when I said soloing/afk macroing is BORING!! Unless you don't appreciate the company of others.

• Thanks 1