Forums

Lineage II Classic: Shadow of the Kamael Update Preview

Hime

Are you serious? Way to screw over dwarfs... 

What about dwarfs that have ultra rare soulshot recipes. Some that we paid tens of million adena for... are we gonna get reimbursed?  Can we sell our registered recipes?

This is a straw that might break the back.

• Like 4

Shadow of the Kamael - the final death of crafters who make money on shots (yes there are toons that make money off of that).  Also, nice side benefit of killing the crystal market as well.  I agree with ZTerminator, for the dwarfs/toons that either spent days or weeks getting a rec or spent adena on the rec.. will there be reimbursement?   Oh who am I kidding.. the answer is going to be "hahahahahhahahahaha  no; you will take you beating and like it".

• Like 5

Im a spoiler so take this for what it is. I think they should not only reimburse crafters for the useless recs they should offer them free class change tickets along with full return of sp spent on skills. As someone else brought up.....what do we do with crystals now?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leamak said:

what do we do with crystals now?

That is another thing. I just spent about 30m getting cheap a grade Crystal's through the event npc. If you bought d weapons from npc. Crushed and traded up. It was a little over 10k per A crystal. Another waste of money and now stuck with 3k A Crystal's. 

And practically the only use of a crafter in an xp party is the on the go shot crafts... now that's going away?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello Adventurers,

The next Lineage II Classic update, Shadow of the Kamael, will be going live on August 7. We're released a small preview of what's coming and you can check out the details here:

https://www.lineage2.com/news/shadow-of-the-kamael-update-preview

"Server Level Ranking Grade 1"

Hey @Juji will you ban top 20 people on every server since all of them will be bots?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello Adventurers,

The next Lineage II Classic update, Shadow of the Kamael, will be going live on August 7. We're released a small preview of what's coming and you can check out the details here:

https://www.lineage2.com/news/shadow-of-the-kamael-update-preview

@Hime Although I think it is a bit early for kamael, I really like the so far announced notes. Could you please clarify how much the new soulshot- spiritshot will cost? Can we now sustain ourselves via regular farming? Also, what about the summon soulshots? Thanks!

@Hime

Hi,
Can we get any info on how many of each grade SS/BSS we could exchange for the new universal grade ones?

Also, it is worth considering doing somethin to give value to Crystals as this will now kill the market. So many players (including myself) hav invested heavily in crafting SS nad buying Crystals. Could we somehow either get reimbursed for the crystals at close too market value or find some other use for them ?

Thank you

4 hours ago, CatsPawz said:

i found some info from other classic server.

23-24 adena per shot, 0 weight

no grade, D, C x1,

B x2,

A x3

Correct details have to wait in the patch notes on August 6.

I seriously hope that's not right. It would figure though that Ncsoft would increase adena drops by 20% and then increase shot cost by +50%. One step forward two backwards and people will applaud them for this crap..

Remember when they added the achievement statues and then removed them because the vast majority of winners had blatant bot names? Well here we go again except this time the bots will get buffs to help the botters bot even better.....

Edited by Tool_of_Society

11 hours ago, ZTerminator said:

And practically the only use of a crafter in an xp party is the on the go shot crafts... now that's going away?

This can be fixed if they enable Dwarf crafters to craft the new shots as well, but I have a feeling it will be purchase only in the grocery store. 

Ok so im confused..First we got this event to change some D crystals to C, B and A crystals with the use of the super hard earned adena..I don't see the point if this new shots will be implemented from Grocery NPC..are we in a rush here?
So was it a trap? lol anyone knows what will happen to the D C B and A crystals we got from event? Please don't say it can only be used to crap equipments lol..i mean *craft
maybe we can get an answer @Juji @Hime

Edited by JubJub

• L2 Team
9 hours ago, bearableguy123 said:

Weekly hero's in place of monthly, is this correct or a typo?

Also regarding olympiad. Will you be able to buff outside olympiad prior to entry or is this only for the use of buff scrolls?

The Olympiad time changes, 5 matches per day, and weekly Heroes will NOT be included in our update. It has been delayed to a future update.

6 hours ago, Stonecrest said:

@bearableguy123

Yes it’s weekly now that’s why it’s only 5 games a day - and it is full buff outside of oly, So you’ll yet full buffs and sign. This is great idea because it will limit the farm that everyone does .. 

In case you are wondering why buff/potion use was implemented, please see the Dev's reasoning below:

"Olympiad is content where individual players compete, so the outcome depends highly on certain items that are allowed or certain classes that are advantageous in the game. We have been constantly balancing Olympiad for a long time while running the match in limited ways, but this cannot resolve the imbalance and it is now naturally settled in the game. To change this, we made changes to Olympiad by opening all environmental elements so that players can now be stronger as much as they prepare or invest in their characters. Therefore, the winning rate can be increased according to how players set their characters and the variety of buffs they prepare, regardless of class type."

3 hours ago, JubJub said:

btw, heres the possible price of the new shots from Giran NPC..D/C weaps needs 1 shot.. B weap 2shots..A weap needs 3..then S needs 4..

4gib9pq.jpg

So NG and D grade are no longer financially viable to use shots at all. So they are just straight up giving up on having any new players at this point...

C grade shot prices are increased by 47% screwing over any decently leveled non bot using players.

"totally worth it" because B grade and up don't see a massive increase in price like the lower grades so the botters/whales will be fine. Between this and the removal of level based grade limits I'm not even sure why you're bothering with grades anymore. It's almost like Ncsoft doesn't remember the backlash when they homogenized all the classes in GOD.  Clearly they'd rather we all play the same classes with the same skills and the same armor/weapons. Variation is difficult to balance so why bother when dev time can be better spent making more mobile games for record profits or P2W events..

Every time I spend money on this game to support it's development I end up regretting it within 48 hours....

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Juji said:

The Olympiad time changes, 5 matches per day, and weekly Heroes will NOT be included in our update. It has been delayed to a future update.

In case you are wondering why buff/potion use was implemented, please see the Dev's reasoning below:

"Olympiad is content where individual players compete, so the outcome depends highly on certain items that are allowed or certain classes that are advantageous in the game. We have been constantly balancing Olympiad for a long time while running the match in limited ways, but this cannot resolve the imbalance and it is now naturally settled in the game. To change this, we made changes to Olympiad by opening all environmental elements so that players can now be stronger as much as they prepare or invest in their characters. Therefore, the winning rate can be increased according to how players set their characters and the variety of buffs they prepare, regardless of class type."

Difficulty balancing the game?!

Just go full custom server and have the olympiad NPC provide full GM buffs for the olympiad match.

You dont see the bigger picture. That only means if you want to be competitive, you need a buffer. If you dont have one or a friend who has one, you have 3 options, give up, buy a buffer or level one. If you intend to level one, well there is potential that ppl will buy boosts from L2store.