Scammers using Clan Leaders and Powerful Players' Names

Aeka

Since last week, 13th, April 2018, till now in Naia. There is a scammer using clan leader names and powerful players. some fall down into them.

First scammer is level 1 - 20 char and scammed using Clan Leader's name. And his scamming successful. 3 days of scamming. and I know total of 3 players was scammed. there may be more.
Second scammer appears after first one disappear  and scam again. this time quickly found out and disappear again.

In 18th April 2018, Third scammer appeared and he reach Level 85. this time he used private messages.

Those 3 characters are using same way to scam. They introduced themselves as clan leader of victim and he can make gears +16 with 100% and took the gears.

Thank you very much for reading.

Third scammer is still online in game and still scamming at time of this post writing and posting.

I am going to say something very important that all players of mmos should know and understand.

If you hand someone a piece of equipment the moment it leaves your inventory it is no longer yours. Do not expect the item back.

What you are describing is a type of way to scam people from day one of Lineage 2. Honestly it is on the player to look who they are trading to, if you are going to do trades it is best to be in teamspeak, ventrilo, or discord ect. If it is a high ticket item.

Now that has been said, can I try your weapon on to see my patk?

If server has good logging system, players can get back their item. I think this kinda game has open trading and should have logging system. I think this game has. Because there was several post about item return to original owner.

And game has many proof taking tools like screenshot, video recording. Should use this tools to get proof and it is easier to solve problems.

That's a very old type of scam, impersonating a clan leader was 'popular' about 10 years ago, 'can i borrow your weapon to check my p atk' is even older.

I think the clan leader scam was one of the reasons why NC Soft added this functionality that when someone PMs you, you can see if they are on your friend list/clan etc. You can also see the lvl range. I mean, how else can they help people to start thinking...?

One more hint for you, guys. If you ever need to trade your gear, for example so that someone can use a non-tradeable blessing scroll, always ask them to trade you their item of a similar value as a type of a safety deposit. If they do not want to scam you, they will agree.

It's not only about impersonating someone from the game, these are even worse. They dig up personal information so the naive ones get easily cought, it's identity theft. Many reports were made already, as well with included screenshots with the chats between individuals and the scammer. If this is not eligible for an IP block, then I don't know what is anymore. 

Archived