Lag issue when using macro [LOW-FPS]

Znipo

Figured i'd make a thread about this issue thats been happening for the past two months for me, this person have similar issues but thread got derailed into a separate problem by people who can not read.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/14408-client-performance-lost/

So the problem is the longer I leave my character on macro.. the lower my FPS gets.
The problem only occurs when you keep the game minimized, or when screensaver is active.

I did not have this problem before (Windows 7), but upon updating to Windows 10 I started having this issue.

I think this issue is related to Windows 10 but i've been unable to narrow it down, I've disabled & activated every little game enhancer, boost enhancer etc etc but have not found a fix.

Note: This problem only started happening once I upgraded to windows 10, windows 7 did not have this issue - there was no game patch between the upgrade that could have caused it.

I've noticed this... every client that gets minimized have their GPU usage set to 0% (macro or not)..
When you open the client back up, the GPU usage goes back to normal level - so far so good.

When I do it on my macro clients, the usage of iss+healer goes back to a normal level - even if the game was minimised for 24 hours - so far so good.

BUT my archer client (actual character killing stuff) remains at 0% GPU usage when I open the client (CPU usage appear to be normal).

So basically

Leave my macro on for 24 hours with client targetted (No minimizing and no screensaver) = no lag whatsoever

Leave my macro on for 24 hours with taskbar targetted (screensaver triggers after a few minutes) or minimizing the client = incredibly slow gameplay, im talking literal 0-1 FPS.

Forced to restart the client to get it back to normal performance.

This problem ONLY happens on the main character doing the killing, If I have an iss + healer on macro - those two clients are perfectly fine, only the client with my archer receives the lag.

Anyone got any idea for a fix?

Optimize performance have absolutely 0 impact on this.

And I currently play with optimized performance turned OFF, and it is OFF - so not sure what you mean its always ON (Verified too by selecting a different window)

Anyway, anyone found a fix?

Someone mentioned they reduced their lag by turning off ALL kind of Damage text (including heal, exp etc) that pop up on the screen - this does seem to "slow down the decay" by  a little bit but does not stop it at all.

With the removal of the automatic hunt system, I confirm this is no longer an issue.

I left my char farming all night and when I came to my PC I had no performance loss at all.

That's probably what's affecting NC Servers, so you must find a way to optimize the system

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 2:29 AM, Sleep1ngSun said:

With the removal of the automatic hunt system, I confirm this is no longer an issue.

I left my char farming all night and when I came to my PC I had no performance loss at all.

That's probably what's affecting NC Servers, so you must find a way to optimize the system

What is the automated hunt system?

• 2 weeks later...

before the topic derails again like znipo sayed!

the FPS is getting real low to a point where there is 1fps 2 fps left and resolving this will require a full restart of the client

i have this problem currently in Atelia Refinary where i try to xp

its happening on all clients that are there, the once in giran for example remain unaffected!

I Hope for a fix!

Regards