Known Issue: Server Latency

Hime

• L2 Team

Hi all,

As you may have experienced, our servers are currently impacted with high latency. At this time, we have disabled character creation and will soon be implementing other temporary measures such as the 3 client limit while our teams actively continue to resolve the issues. There may also be additional unscheduled maintenances.

We understand the game experience has been less enjoyable due to the latency and we are planning to remedy the trouble after the issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Oh hell no!

You guys frigged up the servers and you gonna penalize players now?

Everybody knows that the insane lag is being caused by the Ranking System that continuously is trying to update the database because everybody is doing auto-exp. Better turn off the Ranking System, because it's an useless feature for NA servers anyway.

• Like 1

ppl that bought 30 days 200% rune, prestige pack for their parties, and now the are going to loss it because of this? lol

Can i have my money back i cant use the prestige pack -.- and the 30 days accesory pack lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everybody knows that the insane lag is being caused by the Ranking System that continuously is trying to update the database because everybody is doing auto-exp. Better turn off the Ranking System, because it's an useless feature for NA servers anyway

I think that Shoppy is right, maybe it over stress the database and causes that much lag we have to fight with actually. Of course i don't have the solution for it but the DEV team has to find the real problem of it and with disabling char creation is actually not the cause of the lag :/ Cheers

Edited by Nuvolett4
  • Thanks 1

• L2 Team
3 minutes ago, Nuvolett4 said:

I think that Shoppy is right, maybe it over stress the database and causes that much lag we have to fight with actually. Of course i don't have the solution for it but the DEV team has to find the real problem of it and with disabling char creation is actually not the cause of the lag :/ Cheers

12 minutes ago, Shoppy said:

Oh hell no!

Everybody knows that the insane lag is being caused by the Ranking System that continuously is trying to update the database because everybody is doing auto-exp. Better turn off the Ranking System, because it's an useless feature for NA servers anyway.

Ranking system issue is also being investigated as a potential cause.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Juji after Update u added Manner system, this system is causing lags beacuze its checking everyone who is attacking what mob and sending too much data to server and back, imagen if everyone will turn ON Manner system too much data base, remove it.

Also Ranking system too much data for server, remove it also

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Shoppy said:

Oh hell no!

If the ranking system causes multiple latency, it would be more logical to see it at the time of the mob's death, when the experience record occurs?, actually we see during the hit after hit. By the way, en Korea or European servers has ranking system also? what happened there?

Guys, this has been seen before, do you remember the latency of the soulshot?. Well, when this was resolved (previous to fafurion), I began to see this current latency very rarely.

Edited by Foxes

I don't know if ranking system is the cause, but for sure it takes a lot of unnecessary informations about tens of thousands of characters created for the past 15 years.

Maybe you guys should consider implementing a system that erases automatically all chars not played for the last 5 years or something that lightens the database?

We don't need all these preawakened forsaken characters with irrelevant stuff anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Juji said:

Ranking system issue is also being investigated as a potential cause.

Check the melee attack latency; the system always waits the soulshot loads the weapon before for release the next hit, over and over. I feel this problem is still about soulshot issue.

1 minute ago, Foxes said:

Check the melee attack latency; the system always waits the soulshot loads the weapon before for release the next hit, over and over. I feel this problem is still about soulshot issue.

nop, was check it, without shot i have same lag. not about shot

• Like 1

EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW!!! (actually no, that's wrong.... I guess nobody here has access to the system... and even the people that have access to the servers don't know it either, else it would have been fixed already, wouldn't it?)

But since we have here a lot of experts speculating, let me just add some more speculation&rants (speculation is just as delicious as all those tears that are cried because of the lag...)

* Manner system: Nope... I hope that's something that is implemented client side. I don't see a good reason why it should involve the server at all. 

* Ranking system: sounds plausible, on the other hand I would expect it to be somehow batch processed and maybe even in a separate storage layer (Having seen some Korean NCSoft techies at O'Reilys Strata conference, I would imagine them to know how to handle big amounts of data)

* I can only imagine how messy a 15 (+a couple of years development time) year old system must look like.  A hell of legacy code that nobody sane would want to touch ;)

* Working(&waiting) between two time zones is already hard enough. I wonder how much extra toil is added with NCSoft West and NCSoft being two different entities. 

* I guess the people at NCSoft West already know that they are knee deep in problems, more blaming&swearing won't help to speed things up. 

* As much as I dislike seeing the 3 client max limit, I guess it's a good temporary step.

* Same with the disabled char creation. While char creation itself shouldn't be a problem, those toons want to get leveled.... 

* Complex systems are complex...  Let the people work on the issue.. All those players that are hating and complaining about losing money (yes it sucks..) should invest an extra 5$ to send the people trying to solve the issues some cookies... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1