Known Issue: Server Latency

Hime

4 hours ago, TazBag said:

LOOOOOL, i never manage zariche, i'm not top player, only i need 2 shop and 2 char play, and i no want open 2nd PC for shop box.

And I want 5 boxes because I want a healer in my party and 2 shops. I say tailor the server settings to exactly what suits me at this time! The world doesn't revolve around you and your needs/playing style.

To quote the patch notes

Rankings are calculated in real-time, and you can view the ranks of your server, race, clan, and friends. The special ranking buff is applied each day at 6:30 a.m. server time.

if the buffs are not applied instantly in real-time time why do we need to verify our ego every system cycle what are position number is other than to lag servers?
I would be just fine knowing my position number for the day when the buffs are applied...:P
the sort algorithm to maintain that database in live-time throughout the day must be putting some serious load on the chipsets, let alone the need to update the client UI also in real-time of that live database

Edited by ooperator
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NaturalBornBuffr said:

if u want more, you can get yourself a cheap pc to log more, 3 clients per pc was nice before, I don't see a problem putting this back if it solves our issues with lag at all 

That's why they should make it 2 per comp.

1 hour ago, Dargor said:

And I want 5 boxes because I want a healer in my party and 2 shops. I say tailor the server settings to exactly what suits me at this time! The world doesn't revolve around you and your needs/playing style.

U lie u want 2 summoner heal isa + tank after pet dead summon his back by auto summon. Don,t lie man

9 minutes ago, SasyPisos said:

U lie u want 2 summoner heal isa + tank after pet dead summon his back by auto summon. Don,t lie man

I'm sure it's a popular setup and I'm seeing it a lot lately but I have no plans to use such a setup in the near future at least as it wouldn't suit my needs. I have yul/iss/healer +2 lowbies to leech xp. And since you mentioned honesty, lets not kid ourselves, it is not hard to circumvent the 3 box limit, it's just obnoxious to do so. All in all, instead of bashing positive change, lets instead focus on the clearly ill tested update we got. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see consistent complaining about massive lags before the update even though we had unlimited boxes.

i can t play with this lag, i appreciate your effort NCSOFT and Dev team. i ll wait until the issue s resolve.

TY for this game, I love it since 2010

i used to play in anothers servers, but this servers are the best of all

TY AGAIN, i ll wait for the fix 

I seriously think that NCsoft should do a 1-time housekeep of the account again, like what it did few years back.

Those account who never log in to the game before the cut-off date, will be purge.
Basically as good as 99% of my whole clan is no longer playing. No intention to return to the game as well,

This will certainly take off the load of the servers, not to even mention the size of the database record.
Downtime for maintenance will also be much shorter.

NCsoft is practically killing the game for the multi-client function.
Everyone is basically on Macro. U dun see much Live players around.
Should really limit it to just 4 or 5 client max.

8 hours ago, Juji said:

Ranking system issue is also being investigated as a potential cause.

I think it's THE CAUSE not the potential cause @Juji

The live tracking of the rank based on gained exp is just causing to much stress on the server. The game is doing 2 ranking updates every time a player kills a mob, on Naia that is basically 2 database updates every second for 2000+ players. All lag issues in the past were caused by the database not being able to handle it. Years ago with the Piero event the item server lagged to a stand-still because to many items being dropped, same happened during almost every Valentines, Letters, Melon/Pumpkin event in the past 8 years.

Just disable the Ranking System permanently. It has no additional value to Naia nor Chronos. The top 25 on Naia is populated by MAX and DH all level 109/110 gained from doing AFK macro exp since the last boost event and spending $15/h on boost items. All these guys don't need the buff the system is giving to (not) fight each other. It's a system that adds no value to a disorganised server structure like the one our servers. The Ranking System only makes sense on Korean, Japanese, Russian and EU servers were people have the Premium Account system or similar monthly subscription services (Prestige Pack isn't one, it's a joke compared to other regions).

Edited by Shoppy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my opinion is not so popular but ranking system should stay its nice add-on to the game. if it causes lags  they probably should make it to update stats every hour or every 3-4h so computers have to calculate less infromation and not constantly.  about ppl crying or lowering client limit  you are the reason its lags because of your afk farm with full parties, for most players its ok to farm with 1dd and iss max 1dd iss and healer so 3 acc is more then enough. i know its almost imposible to make adena so you crate low geared player parties and afk macro 24/7 trying to get some but still if this thing continues you all will be same as chinese bot farms and normal new players will ignore game even more because your bot parties already taking almost all spots in lower lvl zones and newbies are still to scared just pk you all :).

58 minutes ago, meskiukas said:

my opinion is not so popular but ranking system should stay its nice add-on to the game. if it causes lags  they probably should make it to update stats every hour or every 3-4h so computers have to calculate less infromation and not constantly.  about ppl crying or lowering client limit  you are the reason its lags because of your afk farm with full parties, for most players its ok to farm with 1dd and iss max 1dd iss and healer so 3 acc is more then enough. i know its almost imposible to make adena so you crate low geared player parties and afk macro 24/7 trying to get some but still if this thing continues you all will be same as chinese bot farms and normal new players will ignore game even more because your bot parties already taking almost all spots in lower lvl zones and newbies are still to scared just pk you all :).

Bruh, back in 2007-8 when Franz and Teon were always on Heavy status there were 4000 players per server, of which easily half were bots. The server never lagged. You maybe had some system lag (pc not powerful enough) or rubber banding (low internet bandwith/packet loss) but never lag that would cripple your gameplay like this is doing now. Now, Naia even with the current player base and everybody having many more than just 3 accounts on, the server barely hits Normal status in the prime hours. And yet the server lags like crazy even during the day when the servers are on Light status. The lag has nothing to do with the account limit. The lag is caused by the ranking system which keeps track of every damn piece of exp and calculates that into your new position on the raking list.

• Thanks 2

Considering that you had no client limit before and that wasn't the issue, it's a bit dumb to blame the latency on that, but test away ;)

Macros are always a problem. On this update, the automated pots are a new automated macro system. That might also be an issue.

But the constant updating of A TON of characters for the ranking system, clearly isn't something your servers can handle. Limit it to 105+ chars or something, or try to remove it completely to check if it helps with the latency.

Edited by Nymphadorae
Typos

investigation... right...

Also adding more macro funcions aka commands to use by regular players to send and overload the server.
https://imgur.com/a/2P0weIq

Nerfing drops and degrade Subsriptions to meaningless is forcing also players to create 2-3x more "farm" party's which dones't necessary help server load and response time.
Data transfered from the clients have a big big delay and even get dumped on the server side.
BUT the data send from server arrive without any problems to all the cliennts....that's why for example ppl get killed even by an Elpy.

Ranking is not the issue. It does not updatese on every single refresh, the update requests are cached. I lvled up an alt from 102 to 103 and the ranking system showed 102 for many minutes even after restarting the client.

The latency is coming from the npc server or from the link between it and the live server.

Mobs are taking too long to disappear after killed and even taking long to actually receive the dmg and get its hp lowered after you attack.

Edited by Daikon

Lag started for me a couple weeks after Fafurion update right when SS got fixed. As i said before in other post it was there but it was playable. A good point to check would when guys did something with SS and i think ranking system is not the cause of it but it managed to completely brake the servers.

1 hour ago, Kellian said:

Lag started for me a couple weeks after Fafurion update right when SS got fixed. As i said before in other post it was there but it was playable. A good point to check would when guys did something with SS and i think ranking system is not the cause of it but it managed to completely brake the servers.

I too noticed that lag after Fafurion Update went live.