Forums

Known Issue: Server Latency

Hime

20 hours ago, Shard said:

@Juji after Update u added Manner system, this system is causing lags beacuze its checking everyone who is attacking what mob and sending too much data to server and back, imagen if everyone will turn ON Manner system too much data base, remove it.

Also Ranking system too much data for server, remove it also

I love manner system... because I m now not be tief for other players select mobs... ;) 

it's set at 7 atm see Juji's post but not that that actually helped solving the delay issue..

they need to either upscale/replace their hardware or turn off the server side scripts like tracking the xp gained / manner mode etc. or just roll back the whole damn chilada

• Haha 1

If you take time to think people who were farming adenas in AF (like myself) had to buy prestige pack and 200% drop rune pack and emperors buffs so we were spending real money in game we were contributing monthly and when you add them together it comes up 60 or more bucks monthly. I didn't think we were the problem but hey what do i know I'm just a random guy online.

I don't know about everybody else; but I actually like the idea of rebooting the server every 24 hours to free up hunting areas from people gone afk for extended periods or even falling asleep.

(It Happens.)

This gives more live players the opportunity to xp in this highly competitive environment.

3 hours ago, Varhalla said:

I don't know about everybody else; but I actually like the idea of rebooting the server every 24 hours to free up hunting areas from people gone afk for extended periods or even falling asleep.

(It Happens.)

This gives more live players the opportunity to xp in this highly competitive environment.

+1 to the rebooting of the server every 24 hour till this lag is fix 

5 hours ago, Varhalla said:

(It Happens.)

I don't like it. There are other ways to claim a spot without interrupting the game play of everybody else. I wouldn't want to log in a bunch of boxes daily and I sure as hell wouldn't want to set up my shops -especially the crafter- daily.

What's wrong with you guys? Fix this shit because it's getting worse and worse...

How much more time you need? What are you waiting for? Do you want to loose more players?  There was enough time to fix it... 

• Thanks 1

This lag is the same lag you get when somebody is DDOSing a server.

What is DDoSing?

In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) is a denial-of-service attack using 2 or more (typically many more) computers.

Edited by MrUniverse

On 8/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, Draecke said:

it's set at 7 atm see Juji's post but not that that actually helped solving the delay issue..

they need to either upscale/replace their hardware or turn off the server side scripts like tracking the xp gained / manner mode etc. or just roll back the whole damn chilada

Its not like they dont have enough of our money to upgrade their lineage........

Im using Prestige Pack, Destiny Pack, 30-days Talismans and Epic Jewels 30-days. I hope you will give us a compensation good enough for all this time with problems.

For sure find a way to solve this issues maybe take time but 1 week++?

23 minutes ago, Feryl said:

Im using Prestige Pack, Destiny Pack, 30-days Talismans and Epic Jewels 30-days. I hope you will give us a compensation good enough for all this time with problems.

For sure find a way to solve this issues maybe take time but 1 week++?

i have same problem 

The less you should give is 200% xp for 1 month ..... this kind of lag and RR is really funny from an official server.
Even in pvp servers there does not excist such a kind of lag for so big period......

Trully dissaponted!!

Folks please stop talk about compensation.. that's totally un important while the cause / issue still remains - obviously everyone can & should demand refund of all their paid for items/runes but this will only be useful AFTER the problems have been resolved.

@Juji / @Hime please provide some kind of status update or timeline as to where we stand, this has been going on for too long already and trust me as explained above I and everyone else WILL demand restitution of the timer based items our chars had active during this server performance issue.

points to look at:

1. server hardware, has the team checked the differences between NCWest server settings/hardware and that of Korea / Japan & EU/RU just to rule that out ?

2. has the patch causing the server (log/tracking features) been identified and if so can thise be disabled / removed or roll back ?

- Manner mode / Server Ranking are the obvious new features that can easily cause the seen performance degradation when implemented poorly

- will a full roll back aka removal of the whole update be considered as that would guarantee restoration of server performance ?

Please communicate with us on where things stand as people stopped logging in (myself included) and some even start looking for alternative places to resume playing L2 without the risk of these kind of server & customer services issues.

• Thanks 1