Known Issue: Server Latency

Hime

my 2 cents

Server was ok after upgrade. 

Then slowly bugs appear and then boom we get lag

After upgrade, Hero started the same nonsense chatter but this time cannot be avoid

Players started to block them en mass and reach critical point.... LAG!!!!

To prove this should be very simple, just disconnect all Hero and disable their account for 1 day

- i tell ya, even if it does not solved the lags, server would be a much better place :D

no to mention the bowing, no idea how they implement this, maybe an AOE skill in peace area, but resource should be very intensive, just imagine Aden. all toons bowing , then time counter to avoid bowing loop

4 hours ago, Draecke said:

Folks please stop talk about compensation.. that's totally un important while the cause / issue still remains - obviously everyone can & should demand refund of all their paid for items/runes but this will only be useful AFTER the problems have been resolved.

@Juji / @Hime please provide some kind of status update or timeline as to where we stand, this has been going on for too long already and trust me as explained above I and everyone else WILL demand restitution of the timer based items our chars had active during this server performance issue.

points to look at:

1. server hardware, has the team checked the differences between NCWest server settings/hardware and that of Korea / Japan & EU/RU just to rule that out ?

2. has the patch causing the server (log/tracking features) been identified and if so can thise be disabled / removed or roll back ?

- Manner mode / Server Ranking are the obvious new features that can easily cause the seen performance degradation when implemented poorly

- will a full roll back aka removal of the whole update be considered as that would guarantee restoration of server performance ?

Please communicate with us on where things stand as people stopped logging in (myself included) and some even start looking for alternative places to resume playing L2 without the risk of these kind of server & customer services issues.

Quoting this because it should be mentioned on every page.

After 4-5 hours of gameplay on Core, which has the Supplemental Fafurion patch as well I am starting to suspect that it's the NCWest servers that are just not capable of running the update. Everything on Core goes smooth, the melee Atk.Spd isn't crippled. The Manner Mode does a great job on NOT targeting the same mob as someone else instead of just standing there doing nothing. There is absolutely no sign of any lag while both servers run the same patch.

@Juji I have spoken out before that the Ranking System probably is the reason for Naia and Chronos to be unplayable and I keep this suspicion. I totally agree with Draecke that there should be kept a good log and clear information to us on the progress of sorting out these issues. My clan has almost no melee/support class online because it's almost impossible for them to play. Siege last night was near impossible due to lag and it makes people leave Naia/Chronos left and right.

We're aware of the limitations NCWest has in their team, we're aware that Korea just rolled out a new patch as well themself last week and maybe resources on their side are limited to give you and your team the support needed to make our servers run smoothly and bug free. Just be aware that nobody on NCWest will accept the default Angel Cat and GM buffs as compensation when this is all over, unless you want a mass exodus to occur.

Keep us updated on what is going on!

Last suggestion I gonna do: Can't you make the server just restart every day at e.g. 16:00 CEST? In the past days the server been very stable for 4-5 hours after a maintenance and a 30 minute downtime in the afternoon will make the server playable for majority of your players.

Guys please all pseudo-engineers, IT guru etc. Stop this useless advises. It can be many reason to slow down comunication with npc server, so let NC staff to test/collect logs to find a reason and apply correct solution. And yes it can take long time. And yes i am sure we get some compensation after fix.

well Hime told to us to report about rune consummative . almost 2 weeks prestige/eva/drop/xp runes run i ask about compensation and got this answer . by what way they will keep us to play on this server when i get this answer?

GM Nollie Saturday at 20:31

Hello,

Please note that if compensation will be deemed appropriate for this issue, it will be applied equally to all affected accounts and not delivered by customer support to individual customers. At this point, we have no information about whether a compensation is being considered. Thank you for your understanding.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Nollie
NCSOFT Support Team

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoToMoTo said:

Guys please all pseudo-engineers, IT guru etc. Stop this useless advises. It can be many reason to slow down comunication with npc server, so let NC staff to test/collect logs to find a reason and apply correct solution. And yes it can take long time. And yes i am sure we get some compensation after fix.

To be honest, if they can't fix the problem themselves, they might as well take advises from poeople players who have the skills to do so.

We're almost 2 weeks into these lags and we have no sign of improvements since then. ncwest l2 team is probably understaffed, and I don't doubt that they're doing their best at the moment, but the situation is critical and if experienced players in the field can help fixing the issue, that would be better for everyone

Edited by Jeune

• L2 Team

Hello All,

We received a fix today for adjusting how the Ranking System checks the Database for ranking data. Another unscheduled maintenance will be planned to implement this change for the Live servers. More details will be announced shortly.

Thank You!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Skaftias said:

almost all monday gone and NO RESPONSE at all

they just dont care to communicate with players

paying or not real money

Are you aware of this abstract model called "time zones" and where the people that could respond live? 

6 minutes ago, Keyra said:

Are you aware of this abstract model called "time zones" and where the people that could respond live? 

how much you get paied ?

or work for ncwest maybe ?

from friday that server got a crash and restarted itself not a single hyphen

time zones doesnt exist in international servers, a paied from clients pocket techniacian

should monitor all time the servers for their customers and act accordingly

Edited by Skaftias

51 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

We received a fix today for adjusting how the Ranking System checks the Database for ranking data. Another unscheduled maintenance will be planned to implement this change for the Live servers. More details will be announced shortly.

Thank You!

Juji can i have a question?

We know that Innova Eu/Ru, Japan, Korea... (the other Territories) that have the same update, they doesn't have any problems....

Why it's always NCWest who have issues? Why?

20 hours ago, Skaftias said:

how much you get paied ?

or work for ncwest maybe ?

from friday that server got a crash and restarted itself not a single hyphen

time zones doesnt exist in international servers, a paied from clients pocket techniacian

should monitor all time the servers for their customers and act accordingly

I'll silently ignore the getting paid by NCSoft part...

But you're mixing things up. Technicians should be available 24/7 and there should be proper monitoring implemented that alerts them if needed (I even would suspect that most of the time a server crashes, they auto restart themselves). 

Technicians are not the people that are responding here on the forum, so if you write "almost all monday gone and NO RESPONSE at all" don't tell me stories about technicians. 

Same goes to the grunts (sorry, don't mean it disrespectful) that are scanning 24/7 through the forum to remove all the e.g. racist posts that I've seen here recently. They are here, but I wouldn't expect them to post anything about the current Lagageddon, because it's above their paygrade. I would expect updates from either Hime or Juji. Those two are the faces for Lineage2 on NCWest, they have the authority&responsibility to update us on the current status. I'm also not completely satisfied about the information flow, but [moderated] hell, I don't expect them to give us updates in the middle of (their) night. 

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, Dawe said:

Juji can i have a question?

We know that Innova Eu/Ru, Japan, Korea... (the other Territories) that have the same update, they doesn't have any problems....

Why it's always NCWest who have issues? Why?

Every country has their own setup, business model, and different server configuration files for their servers. Devs are looking into everything for the latency issue.

I would like to point something out about this lag that may help. If my toons are spaced a ways apart and assisting off of each other I noticed that the toon that is assisting occasionally skips the /assist command and runs back to the toon to use an attack skill on the toon that's doing the targeting instead of attacking the target. Of course there is no attack, they are not set to /force, but they run back and stay targeted on the toon they were supposed to assist. About one in 4 macro cycles. This is occurring even though the targeting toon is not using a /target %Self command and even when there is a solid target, not switching or about to switch. In other words the issue may be that the macros are not lagging but just skipping over commands, like in this case an /assist command. I noticed you revamped the macro system to run faster than before, is it possible that this caused a situation where some computers are getting ahead of themselves and passing over commands?

I am no expert, just reporting what I see and offering some uninformed speculation.

I dont play much at the moment and I dont read the forum:

Does this problem affect Feohs too?

Because I do not have any issues.

I never updated my launcher and still use the old one, maybe look into that as a possible reason.

Again, I didnt really follow all this mess, maybe what I wrote has already been said/checked/tried/whatever.

6 hours ago, NaratyrMizzrym said:

I dont play much at the moment and I dont read the forum:

Does this problem affect Feohs too?

Because I do not have any issues.

I never updated my launcher and still use the old one, maybe look into that as a possible reason.

Again, I didnt really follow all this mess, maybe what I wrote has already been said/checked/tried/whatever.

It affected everyone because your character would sometimes be unable to use any skill (macro or active) and just standing. Skill use wasn't as bad as attack speed, thought. As evi, I'd have from half a second to 2 seconds delay between each auto attack animation, and sometimes I'd completely stop attacking.

I haven't noticed the problem anymore since last night's unscheduled maintenance, though.

19 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Thank You!

It's just one more useless try bcz am still lagging, you guys really don't know what is the problem? bcz if you really don't know what is the problem then this is another story:)

@Juji if you guys put an ATP type database on an ADW type you messed up the server IO performance right there on how that stuff works, considering the nature of the manner and ranking system which is basically transactional data processing..

https://blog.dbi-services.com/atp-vs-adw-the-autonomous-database-lockdown-profiles/

https://sqlmaria.com/2018/08/07/how-does-autonomous-transaction-processing-differ-from-the-autonomous-data-warehouse/

36 minutes ago, Draecke said:

@Juji if you guys put an ATP type database on an ADW type you messed up the server IO performance right there on how that stuff works, considering the nature of the manner and ranking system which is basically transactional data processing..

https://blog.dbi-services.com/atp-vs-adw-the-autonomous-database-lockdown-profiles/

https://sqlmaria.com/2018/08/07/how-does-autonomous-transaction-processing-differ-from-the-autonomous-data-warehouse/

Servers are perfect no laggs today