Macro farm and exping

Sleight

Hi. I want to give my thoughts about this whole macro system exping and farming afk thing. As you realize a lot of people doing this now and you can see when you open rooms that theres no parties going on. And you start to think " Huh this server going dead". Well thats not exactly the case. Before that macro AFK thingy started people used to open party rooms doing instances or EXP parties to go somewhere and just grind for hour or two. In my opining this is how it should be. Because this game was made to gather with people and friends and to play it together. Thats the whole beauty about this game you go with clans and do stuff.. instances,sieges ,exp or quests doesnt matter. Now its all about afk macroing. So I ask wheres the fun in all that? Nobody opens rooms for parties anymore. Players prefer going somewhere to some spot hopefuly nobody would pk them and just set the macro and grind then go afk. It doesnt make sense to me. I dont care if you dont agree with me I play this game since c3 and I know L2 from back in the days and it used to be a great game. Now its all about l2 botage. I hope GMs read the post and remove the macro option from the game completely because I dont see wheres the fun in that.

• Like 1

Story of my not-friend. :D:ph34r::P

@I got 100 lvl and try to kill any mob in Giant cave(100 lvl mob). I couldnt. I tried to find party about 2 weeks to kill them. And i understood it was impossible. Then i went to SV and stood playing afk macro as all new players. Sometime i went to Baylor. After last update i stood afk macro in Blazing swamp as all new players. I played about 2 months to get 100 lvl. Now i am 101 lvl soon. But i dont know where to go and why. Blazing swamp is my rest in peace. And yes i got about 250 millions adena for that 2 months. Spent some on new skills after last update. But any weapon costs about 1 billion(clean).@

I saw that in some movie about drunkers they sit around and talk stories, same stories. I WAS CRYING FOR HIM crying for my not-friend destiny. And you?

OK, what I wish to know from all of the people out there now in macro mode, whats your end game? I don't get were everyone plans to go from here. If most of us are in macro and lvl'ing alone, or with friends while AFK what lvl are we looking for and what do we plan to do once we get there? Its like this, you have about 4 clans that pretty much farm all the big bosses, they spend the most money, they have all the major stuff, so what are the rest of us in macro mode for? We get to lvl110 and they'll be at lvl113. They farm the blood swords and get the 10b+ 4 days a week. If you take away the fact that i'm only playing because of the friends I've made and spending time with them...Why am I here? I still have a CP, I still try to do dallies everyday. We still do the lower bosses in single party raids to try to make some adena. Now if everybody goes to AFK macro it becomes that version of L2 that you play on your phone(which I never did). So what i'm asking is, if you're not actively looking for parties and just getting your xp from AFK macro....Why?

2 hours ago, Ganealf said:

OK, what I wish to know from all of the people out there now in macro mode, whats your end game? I don't get were everyone plans to go from here. If most of us are in macro and lvl'ing alone, or with friends while AFK what lvl are we looking for and what do we plan to do once we get there? Its like this, you have about 4 clans that pretty much farm all the big bosses, they spend the most money, they have all the major stuff, so what are the rest of us in macro mode for? We get to lvl110 and they'll be at lvl113. They farm the blood swords and get the 10b+ 4 days a week. If you take away the fact that i'm only playing because of the friends I've made and spending time with them...Why am I here? I still have a CP, I still try to do dallies everyday. We still do the lower bosses in single party raids to try to make some adena. Now if everybody goes to AFK macro it becomes that version of L2 that you play on your phone(which I never did). So what i'm asking is, if you're not actively looking for parties and just getting your xp from AFK macro....Why?

I've got your answer pal.

Once you have a real live with work, kids and other priorities but playing this game is still a free time satisfaction, that's when we use macro. Why?

You see, there's not a single thing in this game that is fast and casual. If you want to finish the very first exalted quest you have many, many, many days to spend in front of the PC for it. Leveling up you factions and farming anything take months. Quests worth doing are extremely tedious and time consuming if you're not extremely overgeared and can 1 shoot anything.

Not boxing and finding another player that, also has a job that can afford playing this game, and thus have other priorities and his/her own time for gaming is another thing.

So, that's why so many auto macro around. Cant play 24/7 and not willing to do the boring part of the game by hand.

This auto macro/target is the best thing that they have done over the past 10 years as is bringing ppl back and getting them more $ from them.

For your dream land to happen many things would have to change in this game.

Fist of all, they have to aim at that sweet spot between profit and players satisfaction that they have left behind for years now and stop being greedy. That could happen, but not with the current management (juji, etc)

Edited by Daikon

2 hours ago, Daikon said:

I've got your answer pal.

Once you have a real live with work, kids and other priorities but playing this game is still a free time satisfaction, that's when we use macro. Why?

You see, there's not a single thing in this game that is fast and casual. If you want to finish the very first exalted quest you have many, many, many days to spend in front of the PC for it. Leveling up you factions and farming anything take months. Quests worth doing are extremely tedious and time consuming if you're not extremely overgeared and can 1 shoot anything.

Not boxing and finding another player that, also has a job that can afford playing this game, and thus have other priorities and his/her own time for gaming is another thing.

So, that's why so many auto macro around. Cant play 24/7 and not willing to do the boring part of the game by hand.

This auto macro/target is the best thing that they have done over the past 10 years as is bringing ppl back and getting them more $ from them.

For your dream land to happen many things would have to change in this game.

Fist of all, they have to aim at that sweet spot between profit and players satisfaction that they have left behind for years now and stop being greedy. That could happen, but not with the current management (juji, etc)

But you just named all the reasons why you should be in a party. All the things you said will take time and lvl you. You didn't answer why you feel you need to macro or what you'll get out of it. And I believe at some point you began to assume something about whom I might be... Let me clarify. Rather young, 59yrs young to be exact, and i'm guessing I've probably worked longer than you've been alive.(an assumption)  But I believe you got lost in something that I typed. My question is, once you macro whats your end game. Do you plan to play with others at higher lvls? Do you plan to PvP? Are you macroing to get high enough to do more powerful area? Whats your endgame and lvl that you're reaching for? That's what i'm asking. So if you're macroing all day, when do you stop, and what happens then?

Edited by Ganealf
miss spelled words