Manner mode and party

Maerwen

I think the idea of manner mode to avoid ks mobs of others while you macro is nice to promote a pseudo fair play but... why work with the party members to? 

I do not know if i am the onlyone that have it usually active, and only tested a few times, but that was allways the case

pt member hit a mob 1 time (imagine your iss) before the dd, and the damage dealers do not target that mob with autotarget if the manner mode is on.

Maybe is something wrong with my toons, or with the high latency/delay/attack speed bug or whatever is called. but i think that manner mode working inside a party is not the best idea one could have designed

1 hour ago, Maerwen said:

pt member hit a mob 1 time (imagine your iss) before the dd, and the damage dealers do not target that mob with autotarget if the manner mode is on.

Maybe is something wrong with my toons, or with the high latency/delay/attack speed bug or whatever is called. but i think that manner mode working inside a party is not the best idea one could have designed

I also noticed that.

IMHO it's useless thing and nobody use it..  Players still stealing mobs from each others. 

In some servers you have totally different playstyle and player mentality. You have good mannered players, who behave well and do not bully each other 24/7. 

Also why use manner mode if you are in a party? In the past you had to pvp for a decent xp spot. There will be always a conflict in the good XP areas.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

In some servers you have totally different playstyle and player mentality. You have good mannered players, who behave well and do not bully each other 24/7. 

Also why use manner mode if you are in a party? In the past you had to pvp for a decent xp spot. There will be always a conflict in the good XP areas.

I know, in the past it was fun, and one would pvp for xp spot, raids, or for the honor!

I did it only by curiosity. sometimes when i need to do faction quest, i use auto nextarget to avoid using next target all the time (lazy) and observed that.

It is true that it should be disabled in party as @Draecke said, or at least if party have more than 3 members for example (so you can play your DD, iss and another toon you want in macro)

The game is so focused on DD's nowadays, you do not need anyone else to hit, while XPing. GEAR and DPS .. all you need now to win. In pvp even geared supports die from random AOE dmg from top DD's. More DD's all play DD, more dmg, more gear, more consumables to boost dps,  more $$$ :(  

Madness