Weapon Overenchanting conspiracy theories (or not?)

After having a long discussion with a couple of people in-game, i wanted to ask the community and hopefully receive an answer from @Neutron about the overenchanting bonuses on weapons starting from +16 and above. Many people claim that overenchanting a weapon gains you a "hidden" P/M critical damage or P/M atck bonus which multiplies when u enchant it even further. The same question goes for the soulshot/spiritshot cap which eventualy maximizes at 21%, yet many people claim a cap does not exist, and that overenchanting your weapon gains you even more soulshot/spiritshot damage. 

Is there any truth behind those theories? Why would gm's hide the the facts if this was true? 

2 hours ago, mixa said:

How did you decide that there is a cap on the SS/BSS bonus?

Also there are no hidden bonuses if you go even +30. You're to naive xD

After some enchant, i don't remember which one, maybe +25, the soulshot/spiritshot damage says "21%" . I'm not sure though if it goes further and the client just won't show it.

How do you measure effect of  SS/BSS bonus damage in game?

21% on what?

Its visible on avatar stats?

I tried with Sapphire lvl 4 witch is supposed to give 12.5% more damage for spirit shots but there are no visible effect in stats.

Is there any tool to measure it?

Like sort of tracker to collect damage done on mobs from displayed damage in chat to do 1000 mobs with it and 1000 mobs without and see difference? 

And if 21% is a cap then what point is to have Brooch?

4 minutes ago, SleepingPower said:

21% on what?

I tried with Sapphire lvl 4 witch is supposed to give 12.5% more damage for spirit shots but there are no visible effect in stats.

Like sort of tracker to collect damage done on mobs from displayed damage in chat to do 100 mobs with it and 100 mobs without and see difference? 

its no visible increase in stats as it said its soulshot dmg% increase. to count correctly even if not accurate you need +0 weapon. with it you hit mob without soul/spirit shots then with them. you see your dmg increase. so if you minus dmg without shots from dmg with shots you will get your shot dmg. and from that dmg is increased by your sapphire 12.5%.

1 hour ago, SleepingPower said:

21% on what?

Like sort of tracker to collect damage done on mobs from displayed damage in chat to do 1000 mobs with it and 1000 mobs without and see difference? 

And if 21% is a cap then what point is to have Brooch?

When i'm talking about the cap, i was reffering to the weapon's enchatment soulshot cap which seems to not go above 21% , but some people claim it does. Of course, with ruby 5 you go up to 41%. But the weapon alone goes up to 21% i guess. 

• 4 weeks later...
Really yes, there must be several tricks and also stats that are not seen, because for example, 
making the knife of the quest of exalted, with my healer I did it on the second attempt, but with 
my wizard I took more than 30 attempts and in any way it fails , I no longer try it. 

The percentages are not the ones that say and also the CHANGE constantly and without warning.

12 minutes ago, SalvaQlos said:

Really yes, there must be several tricks and also stats that are not seen, because for example, 
making the knife of the quest of exalted, with my healer I did it on the second attempt, but with 
my wizard I took more than 30 attempts and in any way it fails , I no longer try it. 

The percentages are not the ones that say and also the CHANGE constantly and without warning.

I was not aiming to discuss weapon enchanting rates. I was hoping to receive a response from the gm's about any hidden statuses after you overenchant the said weapons.

3 hours ago, TalkToMeNC said:

It's a pointless question.  If there is anything hidden, the GMs are not about to admit it.  I just want to know how in the world one enchants a weapon to +36.  Impressive feat, however it was done.

with purple scrolls . on fail they drop -1 so basically  if you achieve good chance rates and you do something like +2  -1 u come up with  +36 wep so. But such situation is one  in 5 years so. 

There is absolutely no hidden part i had +12 bloody retri 3sa and +21 Blessed R95 Retri 3sa.....Pffft what a piece of garbage. Well at least i have sold it to those noob who be;ieved in.

The bloody retri beat the cr@p out of+21 blessed R95 hand down when it comes to pve, The soul shot spirit shot advantage only calculated from 50% of soul shot dmg so say 15% of 50% is....pffft,

Anyway my point is nothing beat 15% pve dmg or pvp dmg as it is the final formula that apply into the calculations so it provide the highest dmg boost. Unless u have +27 perhaps...then the atk/matk will overcome the dmg differences.

Save urself adena and go for +12x1pve 12x1pvp weapon and u will still have more adena to spend than+2x R95 weapon unless u wanna try ur luck on future trade to R99..

6 hours ago, lllllllllllll said:

There is absolutely no hidden part i had +12 bloody retri 3sa and +21 Blessed R95 Retri 3sa.....Pffft what a piece of garbage. Well at least i have sold it to those noob who be;ieved in.

The bloody retri beat the cr@p out of+21 blessed R95 hand down when it comes to pve, The soul shot spirit shot advantage only calculated from 50% of soul shot dmg so say 15% of 50% is....pffft,

Anyway my point is nothing beat 15% pve dmg or pvp dmg as it is the final formula that apply into the calculations so it provide the highest dmg boost. Unless u have +27 perhaps...then the atk/matk will overcome the dmg differences.

Save urself adena and go for +12x1pve 12x1pvp weapon and u will still have more adena to spend than+2x R95 weapon unless u wanna try ur luck on future trade to R99..

+1 im sure i saw someone did the test before but cant remember.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2018 at 4:40 AM, lllllllllllll said:

Noticed this as well.

Archived