Live Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Friday, August 23

Juji

9 hours ago, Original said:

Server Hardware will be upgraded

Really?  

i play since 2005 1 time i read that you do Hardware upgrade ...

If any 1 els remember it pls tell me 

Well  on this 14 years i change or upgrade my pc 5-6 times for keeping play better 

I upgrade my connection   3-4 times for keep play better and faster 

And you do upgrade on HARDWARE after 15 or more years +the beta times  

OMG 

Best post ;)

10 hours ago, Original said:

Really?  

Well  on this 14 years i change or upgrade my pc 5-6 times for keeping play better 

OMG 

Really?

you played since 2005, and you always read the forums?

I remember seeing that you only have 10 forum posts over 14 years

you must be 1 of the players who submitted fake lag reports

"OMG"

10 hours ago, Sesh said:

Really?

"OMG"

Hey mate, i think im talking for all "the kids who report fake lag"........just cut the crap with "u have 1-10 post" thing and "is your internet problem"(all are fairytales bumping in ur head)....do us a favour leave that forum if u dont have smtg costructive to say.

11 hours ago, Original said:

Really?  

OMG 

you player here since 2005? really? and you missed the most contract in 5 years ago? really? go back to your cage

9 hours ago, Tora said:

Hey mate, i think im talking for all "the kids who report fake lag"........just cut the crap with "u have 1-10 post" thing and "is your internet problem"(all are fairytales bumping in ur head)....do us a favour leave that forum if u dont have smtg costructive to say.

Ouch, that was a bit harsh. As he said in several "fake-lag-posts", he was talking to many others, and none of them had problems with lag. 

Although  - interrogating NPCs doesn't really correspond to a representative survey ...;)

4 minutes ago, Gnarf said:

Ouch, that was a bit harsh. As he said in several "fake-lag-posts", he was talking to many others, and none of them had problems with lag. 

Although  - interrogating NPCs doesn't really correspond to a representative survey ...;)

Was not belive me.....1st there was not any fake lag and others many and many can confirm that......2nd he's just a troll,just go to check all his post.

17 hours ago, Original said:

Really?  

OMG 

There were plenty of opportunities to change the hardware without being noticed by us. E.g. when they started the EU servers (probably new-ish hardware), and later merged them back to US (pretty unlikely that they shipped the servers from EU to US). Also during all the server merges in general they could have changed the hardware. 

TL;DR: don't expect that they only upgraded the hardware once, even if you've read it only once. 

6 hours ago, Sesh said:

Really?

"OMG"

You might not remember it, but they switched the software for the board at some point (the old one was still reachable for some time at http://boards.lineage2.com) , Everyone had to re-register - I'm also one of the players that started in open beta, and still I have a join date in this forum of July 2019.. 

LOL You folks are a tough crowd.  Keep in mind, the team has likely tried to keep the game simple to be able to be played by lower end PCs and slower connections....because they know they have a loyal community.  But, all things change, and technology is changing and speeding up every six months.  Those who are still playing on slower PCs and connections will have that greatest trouble with lag.  I can remember playing on a laptop many years ago and had lag because back then L2 graphics was cutting edge.  And now, Virtual Reality is here.... I wouldn't be surprised if the team is planning one day to bring L2 into the virtual world.  So buckle down and be prepared for change.  As you can see, the team is trying to bring a lot of auto functions and statics to players..... this widens the hardware aperture.  They are great changes..... so take it easy on them.    

14 hours ago, Healingbewbs said:

If I'm not mistaken it's now every Friday, not every other week like before.

I know, i read the patch notes too, but as far as i know, we didn't get that change... We are still on the 14 days interval... atleast we were before the latest update.

On 2019. 08. 23. at 7:48 PM, zTy said:

this is gonna be a dumb question, but for an old player coming back after a long time, mind letting me know what are those q that give lvl 2 ruby and the +5 circlet?

You can start the quest series at Tarti (Town of Gludio) after lvl85 but for the lv2 Ruby/Sapphire you need to be 95+

After you've reached lvl99 you can start the Nobless quest but for the +5 Circlet reward you have to reach lvl100

Good luck :)

So when can we expect that compensation pack?

On 23.08.2019 at 7:26 PM, Juji said:

We have multiple server settings that we planned for next week and you already seem to be some kind of psychic for one of them ;)

A compensation pack will be offered in the L2 store for 0 NCoin for the latency issue with Freya's Ice Roses and more!

Edited by Venomek

• L2 Team
12 hours ago, Level105 said:

Do we still have a maximum of 7 accounts per pc?

Yes, it will stay that way for a little longer. The rest of the changes (Timed Hunting Zones and Ranked) will be reverted back for the maintenance this week.

• Like 1

• Hime unpinned this topic