Tank agro aura/skill issues

Khelida

I thought it might have been connected to the latency issues we have for the past days, but those issues are gone, yet the skills on my tank, and some other tanks friends of mine are not back to normal.
For some reason in all the instanes I've been entering, the boss monsters are unaffected by my "Provoke Aura", not to mention they resist all my agro skills.
What is more, the "Provoke Aura" itself seems to be working periodically, as if once in a while it was turning itself off completely, and turning back on after a while.

I know I am not an isolated case, since all the other tanks I know have this problem, but I just wonder if it is a bug that came into effect after all the recent lag related changes, or for some incomprehensible reason, this was done by design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed also that my chain gust does not work as often, and it has no affect on bosses at all. If changes were made to tanks we would like to know what they were. We've already heard about the mobs getting better stunn resistance, but did you also lower our stunn? It would be nice to know what all the changes were and what we as tanks need to do to improve our skills, short of coming up with God jewelry adena. 

I'd like to think that this is all a part of the many mistakes you've made in this newest update addon, but more than likely i'll get your auto-answer.  THESE SKILLS ARE NOW WORKING AS INTENDED. 

It might be related to the new debuff categories that were introduced with the last update.

Juji can check that out, how the auras work now and what affects them as in terms of lendrate and residence, but this might take some digging and a lot of time, which he probably doesn't have.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Khelida said:

What is more, the "Provoke Aura" itself seems to be working periodically, as if once in a while it was turning itself off completely, and turning back on after a while.

Totally can confirm that. It is like you can even watch how that happens now. Run near a group of monsters, catch a part of the group, then effect turns off and leaves the rest of the group behind. You may get them with a second turn by chance. But this wasn't the case some time ago. 

About chain gust on RBs, i am not sure if that ever worked.

• Like 1

The best example of chain gust on bosses is Octivas. On the first part were he runs in a circle I could do chain gust when the raid first starts and keep him in that spot the whole time. Maybe the game masters didn't like that, but if your tank had the right stuff on 5 secs of root, 5 secs til reuse. Failed every blue moon.. Now doesn't work at all. I could gather up the mobs in Altar and chain gust would keep them from roaming even when hate aura wasn't enough. Now I can keep a few, the rest keep trying to move away. Same thing every were now where I could once control, now a lot of control is lost. I do my single target hate on Bosses, no effect. Seldom lands. Tank is lvl106 with bloody gear and some good fixings :) .So the changes are there, would just like to know what they all are and why didn't they post them.

18 hours ago, Ganealf said:

The best example of chain gust on bosses is Octivas. On the first part were he runs in a circle I could do chain gust when the raid first starts and keep him in that spot the whole time. 

ah yeah right. on Octavis it worked perfectly.