Forums

The Spring Harvest is Here!

Conguero

no comment!!

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% to get something good

This 14° anniversary should be called "Event of the Crystals R or Nothing" >:(

10 hours ago, Rodah said:

I know you believe this is a great event/promo for the "average" player but it really isn't.  What is the biggest problem with L2?  It isn't level disparity; it is gear!  Literally 95% of the rewards won't help average players bridge the gap.  Additionally; if you factor in the nectar drop rates and the reward rates I would argue that your chances of actually getting something useful from this event as an "average" player are less than .1%.

There are only a few items on the list that have any noticeable benefit for ANY players (low, mid, high, top tier).  I know you can argue that some of the low end stuff is useful (R-Gems, GE, Crys) but the amount dropped is so low as to be irrelevant.  The "average" players needs bloody/dark gear, higher enchanted shirts, higher lvl gems, higher lvl circlets/cloaks, etc.  Top tier players have most of this stuff AND, they have had it for a LONG time.  

I mean come on, this is the 14th Anniversary of Lineage 2; this should be a BIG deal.  I am actually shocked that so many people are OK with this event just because they are getting a few crumbs.....     

You're wasting your time explaining how these events should be or should I say how great they were before pay2win/Goddess of Destruction launced. New players post 2011 don't have a clue. Ignorance is bliss. Crumbs to us will seem appropriate to the newbies. Everything is a matter of perception.

9 hours ago, ProDigY said:

You're wasting your time explaining how these events should be or should I say how great they were before pay2win/Goddess of Destruction launced. New players post 2011 don't have a clue. Ignorance is bliss. Crumbs to us will seem appropriate to the newbies. Everything is a matter of perception.

You are mostly correct; there were some truly amazing Pre-GoD events. 

However, there HAVE BEEN some really nice Post GoD events in the past.  For example, the FIRST Draco event, in my opinion, was one of the better GoD events we have had.  High drop rate of items from mobs, clean reward list, and not available in L2 Store (probably why mobs dropped a lot of event items).

Seriously, take a look at the reward list:

http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/events/birth-of-draco.php

This list is arguable BETTER than than the rewards from the current event and it was from SIX YEARS AGO!

EDIT: I sincerely apologize for sounding like a broken record but the more and more I check past events I am simply shocked at how underwhelming this current ANNIVERSARY event is.  I would really like to know the GMs/Devs reasoning behind this event; I just don't get it....

Players wanted a 50% base XP boost.......we get a vit boost

Players wanted temp high end gear to take advantage of any boost.....we get...nothing

Players wanted a balanced reward list with USEFUL rewards......we get this.

• L2 Team
33 minutes ago, Nuky said:

@Conguero

Is the 14th Anniversary Rune 100% pack (1h) going to be removed when event is over?

PS: It might be a stupid question, but i know that ncsoft loves to remove items that aren't supposed to be removed.. So i rather ask now than be sorry later

The event page says it'll be deleted on May 30 with other event-related items.

27 minutes ago, Conguero said:

The XP runes are actually quite useful and good for some players. In my case I usually use a boost while doing my dailies, (most of the times something as simple as a rose and sometimes a 1 hour Xp rune or a vita potion).

A 100% XP rune is 400 Ncoin in the shop, I opened 100 large pumpkins (with a 3,200 Ncoin investment) and was able to get almost 60 runes, since I usually play 4-5 hours per day I will run out of runes by the time the event ends and will be able to have a permanent Xp boost of 100% while Xp'ing. Should I want the same boost by simply buying runes from shop, I would be looking at about 24k Ncoin, (which I would never spend that way). So personally, even if it is disappointing to open an emperor pumpkin and get nothing, the event is good enough. 

I do agree that the reward list was done hastily and should be reviewed. Also it is a joke that you provide blessing scrolls but they are the small chance ones which fail 9 out 10 times. 

15 minutes ago, Irub said:

You really do love to remove stuff people pay money for. Have you tried to open any squashes? Do you realize the amount of shattered fragments dropped? So at the end of the event tons of unused fragments/bought runes will be removed. 

NcSoft has the right to remove any items purchased from the Lineage 2 store. This is also in their terms of service agreement.

Always remember you do not own any of the pixels in this game, they all belong to NcSoft.

It is best to do your research before you start attacking community management and team members of any company.

1 hour ago, Irub said:

You really do love to remove stuff people pay money for. Have you tried to open any squashes? Do you realize the amount of shattered fragments dropped? So at the end of the event tons of unused fragments/bought runes will be removed. 

That's how capitalism works.

8 hours ago, Rodah said:

You are mostly correct; there were some truly amazing Pre-GoD events. 

However, there HAVE BEEN some really nice Post GoD events in the past.  For example, the FIRST Draco event, in my opinion, was one of the better GoD events we have had.  High drop rate of items from mobs, clean reward list, and not available in L2 Store (probably why mobs dropped a lot of event items).

Seriously, take a look at the reward list:

http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/events/birth-of-draco.php

This list is arguable BETTER than than the rewards from the current event and it was from SIX YEARS AGO!

EDIT: I sincerely apologize for sounding like a broken record but the more and more I check past events I am simply shocked at how underwhelming this current ANNIVERSARY event is.  I would really like to know the GMs/Devs reasoning behind this event; I just don't get it....

Players wanted a 50% base XP boost.......we get a vit boost

Players wanted temp high end gear to take advantage of any boost.....we get...nothing

Players wanted a balanced reward list with USEFUL rewards......we get this.

It's really simple: to make more money. Everything is driven by profits now that it's pay2win. You're right about these events being better in the beginning after GoD. But as time passed, NCsoft realized the potential of making more money. People were spending $1000s on events. It's a natural instinct for a corporation to capitalize. Buying Ncoin in order to trade in-game items is encouraged now. It's actually the same as RMT but legal; bending the rule without breaking it. They've essentially taken the market away from adena farmers. In addition to reducing adena drop amounts & rates.

17 hours ago, Conguero said:

ROFL :D There is no way to use them all during that time .... alot of runes gonna be deleted. Event drops almost nothing and in addition u delete even runes :D

On 4/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, Conguero said:

Puss the Cat returns to the game during the 14th anniversary Spring Harvest with more smashable food items! Go hunting, collect nectar, grow squashes, and smash them for rewards inside. With the arrival of the harvest you'll also find a number of L2 Store updates available to satiate even the most eclectic array of appetites.

Check out the event page for full details and share your thoughts below. :)

Cheers,

The Lineage II Team

Im not sure who determines rewards for the events, but why are there items in these events that are ENTIRELY worthless. (See: Scroll of blessing: R-grade for example). I get that theres going to be low level "Base" items, but why in god include items that are essentially taking up an inventory slot that you just delete? =/. Give more r-gems or something instead of including an item thats worthless in the rewards. T_T

Like seriously, it would be better for the population as a whole if it just flooded another low grade item instead (Superior Giants Codex, R-gems, Elycum powder/crystals/etc) than to give someone an item that might have been useful once, 7 years ago. Or even better yet, flood the market with Dark/Bloody eternal/amaranthine enhancement stones. The game would be infinitely more fun if 80% of people had access to this stuff cheaply on the market or via the events like this one. 

14th anniversary... what a celebration! 300% vp bonus! where u need to waste real money to enjoy it,,, open 500 seeds and get NOTHING, good job ncwest we are proud of you! I can't wait for the 15th anniversary!!!!!!!!!

On 6/5/2018 at 8:44 PM, Infami said:

Im not sure who determines rewards for the events, but why are there items in these events that are ENTIRELY worthless. (See: Scroll of blessing: R-grade for example). I get that theres going to be low level "Base" items, but why in god include items that are essentially taking up an inventory slot that you just delete? =/. Give more r-gems or something instead of including an item thats worthless in the rewards. T_T

Low grade scrolls! 5% mega super success!!! xD

I don't get it, why are most coments about discontent players when the event is free? You can get rewards without paying anything, players who enjoy the game and don't have the "i'm the pvp King, but if someone kills me is a RMTer" should post more often on foruns, those are the majority. NCSOFT should think why every Server dies, there is always healthy competition until some clan dominates the server, after that the gap becomes so huge that the losing side quits and the winning side becomes bored and the vast majority quits too.

34 minutes ago, Neesir said:

I don't get it, why are most coments about discontent players when the event is free? You can get rewards without paying anything, players who enjoy the game and don't have the "i'm the pvp King, but if someone kills me is a RMTer" should post more often on foruns, those are the majority. NCSOFT should think why every Server dies, there is always healthy competition until some clan dominates the server, after that the gap becomes so huge that the losing side quits and the winning side becomes bored and the vast majority quits too.

You really don't get it?

Let me reiterate my previous point;

This is the 14th Anniversary Event (should be a big deal right?) and the rewards/bonuses are WORSE than FREE events from 6 years ago. 

This is the 14th Anniversary Event (should be a big deal right?) and the rewards/bonuses are WORSE than FREE events from 6 years ago.

Should I repeat that one more time????

Who cares if you are getting free stuff if most of it is worthless....

Why a vit bonus when we KNOW they can do a 50% base XP (what most people want).

4 hours ago, mixa said:

The squash event is excellent.Made ton of adena w/o spending a dime.More events like this please!

true!! as back in the days the bot train players did made a lot of adena and ruined the free events forever!

now can we accept the farming of your free items to be paid from depressed players to get good items or being addicted gamble, as a solution?

think no no and no

10 hours ago, Rodah said:

You really don't get it?

Let me reiterate my previous point;

Should I repeat that one more time????

Who cares if you are getting free stuff if most of it is worthless....

Why a vit bonus when we KNOW they can do a 50% base XP (what most people want).

pretty much this.. events used to be way better before this F2P approach which is actually 10x more expensive then the old P2P

Archived