Forums

Post Your Event Rewards Here!

Rodah

On 4/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, Auburn said:

This part kills me. Please tell me that you aren't ignorant enough to assume that there isn't a legit way to get a dark/bloody weapon/armor set without resorting to RMT (Black Market as you call it).

There are more than enough ways in GAME to make money without having to resort to being a CC warrior and gear yourself out with the adena you spend, but the new generation wants things now without having to work for them.

This is the typical player back in C3, who hits lvl 61 and appears out of nowhere with full Majestic Armor and a +7 Soul Bow saying "I played the market". Just give it up, we know how you got your billions.

Well as many others i decided to get 10k nectars for 3.2k ncoin.

The best item i got was a codex mastery for skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From 150 large squashes if i sell in ah what i got i make a profit of 600 milion adena.

As all of you can understand i lost my euro!!!!!

I wonder did anyone got something good in whole server?

7 hours ago, WetPinay said:

This is the typical player back in C3, who hits lvl 61 and appears out of nowhere with full Majestic Armor and a +7 Soul Bow saying "I played the market". Just give it up, we know how you got your billions.

Unlike most "Top" players I'm not running around with 6x6 jewels claiming I'm a God and my shit don't stink, just saying its possible. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

4 hours ago, Auburn said:

Unlike most "Top" players I'm not running around with 6x6 jewels claiming I'm a God and my shit don't stink, just saying its possible. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I'm skeptical when I hear people making claims like yours.  Perhaps you are able to make "billions" a week by simply playing the market for an hour or two a day; good for you.  My skepticism arises because you must realize that if more people started doing what you do you wouldn't make as much as you do now.  You get that right?

This applies to all who make outrageous claims about how much they make "doing quest" or "playing the market."  Unless you know a way to make a significant amount of adena from drops (like Merchants before update) or know of something which can be sold to NPCs for a profit (like old fishing) then I'm simply not buying.

Also, don't attack me or try to convince me otherwise; simply be content in the knowledge that are a brilliant investor when it comes to L2 (even if I don't believe you :)).

On 4/30/2018 at 11:58 AM, Rodah said:

I'm skeptical when I hear people making claims like yours.  Perhaps you are able to make "billions" a week by simply playing the market for an hour or two a day; good for you.  My skepticism arises because you must realize that if more people started doing what you do you wouldn't make as much as you do now.  You get that right?

This applies to all who make outrageous claims about how much they make "doing quest" or "playing the market."  Unless you know a way to make a significant amount of adena from drops (like Merchants before update) or know of something which can be sold to NPCs for a profit (like old fishing) then I'm simply not buying.

Also, don't attack me or try to convince me otherwise; simply be content in the knowledge that are a brilliant investor when it comes to L2 (even if I don't believe you :)).

Skepticism is good, and yes you are 100% right, if more people started to do what I do my profits would plummet to the point where it would no longer be worth it. The whole "doing quests" thing, I think is 100% joke unless they are running 1000 bot level 80 toons through mithril mines quest a day. No repeatable quests are left in game to earn any kind of decent money, NCSoft made sure of that. I tried to do the Merchants thing a few times, never was really worth it IMO, too much time, not enough adena, back in the OLD OLD days with drop rune maybe. Wasn't it like 90M per mobs without runes or something crazy like that? I'm pretty sure someone had a bot party out there when they figured that one out. I did fishing for a while, netting about 1B a week with 3 toons, still have the rods, fished enough to break even on the spending of the rods, so no real profit there.

There are lots of people who are in it for the now, I invest for the future. Some items I buy might take me 6 months to a year to actually see a profit on by holding them, but I've never been an all eggs in one basket kinda guy. 1 event from NCSoft could completely ruin profits if you decided to do that. Look at Blessed Enchant Armor R and Giant Enchant weapon R's. I lost a few Billion because ncsoft decided that the main reward for certain events was going to be BEAR and they started selling for less that 20M instead of 75-80M each. I know people who bought over 5k of those during that event and are STILL waiting on a profit. I think that was like 2-3 years ago. It honestly about luck, timing, NCSoft not ruining it for you, taking advantage of events, mistakes made by players in AH pricing (HUGE profits here, but hard/lucky to find), and the desperation of the seller. 

Desperation is always a fun one, when someone needs adena now and isn't willing to wait for something so sell for a day or 2. I can normally get these items for 50 to 500M cheaper than they are worth depending on they are worth. 

I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and not saying my shit doesn't stink and that I don't have CC purchases of this game from long ago that I'm not so proud of, but putting a little effort into it can go a long way if your good at investing. 

21 hours ago, Auburn said:

There are lots of people who are in it for the now, I invest for the future. Some items I buy might take me 6 months to a year to actually see a profit on by holding them, but I've never been an all eggs in one basket kinda guy. 1 event from NCSoft could completely ruin profits if you decided to do that. Look at Blessed Enchant Armor R and Giant Enchant weapon R's. I lost a few Billion because ncsoft decided that the main reward for certain events was going to be BEAR and they started selling for less that 20M instead of 75-80M each. I know people who bought over 5k of those during that event and are STILL waiting on a profit. I think that was like 2-3 years ago. It honestly about luck, timing, NCSoft not ruining it for you, taking advantage of events, mistakes made by players in AH pricing (HUGE profits here, but hard/lucky to find), and the desperation of the seller. 

Desperation is always a fun one, when someone needs adena now and isn't willing to wait for something so sell for a day or 2. I can normally get these items for 50 to 500M cheaper than they are worth depending on they are worth. 

I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and not saying my shit doesn't stink and that I don't have CC purchases of this game from long ago that I'm not so proud of, but putting a little effort into it can go a long way if your good at investing. 

If I take you at your word (based on the above response) it's pretty clear that you only participate in "some" aspects of the game.  

So let me ask you a pretty straightforward question; is it possibly to be an end-game PvP toon without utilizing the L2 store?  I only ask this because if we are to believe you then, you are possibly the most successful non-spender in all of L2NA but, you aren't anywhere near endgame gear wise.  

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

If I take you at your word (based on the above response) it's pretty clear that you only participate in "some" aspects of the game.  

So let me ask you a pretty straightforward question; is it possibly to be an end-game PvP toon without utilizing the L2 store?  I only ask this because if we are to believe you then, you are possibly the most successful non-spender in all of L2NA but, you aren't anywhere near endgame gear wise.  

Is it possible to be an end game pvper without the use of L2 store by mean of making adena off the market like I do. That's actually a hard question, maybe BUT and HUGE BUT, you would have to dedicate WAY WAY more time that I do to do it, even then I kind of doubt it possible. Figure something like the Cloak or Circlet event recently, you would have to spend 500 USD roughly to get anything decent, or roughly 65B adena per event. Now given enough time in between events yeah it would be, but with the rate the NCSoft rolls out events and promotions, not a chance to make that much adena on the market in time. If you threw on top someone that used RMT and the market without using L2 Store then absolutely. Make adena on the side in the market, buy what you need from RMT, thats fairly easy. As far as what I do, I don't think I will ever catch up to the Top dogs, mostly because I don't focus on the PvP aspect, just like you say I only participate in "some" aspects of the game. 

I do do seiges, gainaks and that stuff, but compared to 99% of the "top" players, I'm like wet tissue paper. I don't even have a Dark armor set, not because I can't afford one, just don't see the need because it is only a very small piece of the puzzle when it comes to pvp, and without investing further every time NCSoft comes out with another event you risk the chance of slipping behind just a little bit more. 

TL:DR The way I do it, no.

P.S. I forgot to mention one very important thing here, this is 100% dependant on the server that you play on as well. Smaller less populated servers most of my methods will not work on. I sell to the little and medium fish and only one Very deep pocketed Whale, but most servers lack Chronos' diversity.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, Auburn said:

Only only brought all this up so that we could return back to one of the primary arguments from your initial replay (which I disagree with); 

"but the new generation wants things now without having to work for them."

As we both seem to agree; you can't be an end-gamer w/o the L2 store.  Does this suck?  Of course; BUT, that is on NC not players who want instant gratification.  I guess my point is, you can't accuse players of, essentially, being lazy when NC makes it virtually impossible for an average player to participate in all aspects of the game. 

Back on topic!! 

Terrible event, terrible reward list.  Events from SIX YEARS AGO had better reward list.  WTF NC???

13 minutes ago, Rodah said:

Well , i kinda understand new generation. ) Robots work nowadays. I presume people simply don't have to work much anymore )

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

Only only brought all this up so that we could return back to one of the primary arguments from your initial replay (which I disagree with); 

As we both seem to agree; you can't be an end-gamer w/o the L2 store.  Does this suck?  Of course; BUT, that is on NC not players who want instant gratification.  I guess my point is, you can't accuse players of, essentially, being lazy when NC makes it virtually impossible for an average player to participate in all aspects of the game. 

Back on topic!! 

Terrible event, terrible reward list.  Events from SIX YEARS AGO had better reward list.  WTF NC???

On 4/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, Auburn said:

End game PvP no, low to mid range pvp that still exists that hardly anyone sees, yeah, there is still fun to be had there. 

I did state that end game pvp would be impossible with the way I do things earlier, we do agree on that. Where we might start to disagree with the players and NCSoft, where who is at fault. I do agree that NCSoft does carry some of the blame, but as do the players IMO. If we as a community would all come together and refuse to buy their bullshit every event then NCSoft might change their toon. But from a business perspective I understand what they are doing as well. Bring out game breaking items that will help you rule unquestionably, but make them stupid expensive because without them your enemies will win. So I agree that SOME of the fault lies with them, but not 100%, some is our faults for buying and encouraging them.

On Topic Response: Agree with everyone here. I've opened about 100 Squash, at least I'm set with 100% runes, until the end of the event when they get deleted. Other than that, I got some R-Gems to AH and Crystals to sell to NPC. Looking at the bright side not total loss considering I got them for free.

So far :

Defective Squash 43
High Quality Squash 38
King Squash 8

rewards:

CryR 1,294
Shattered Squash Fragment 162
Energy of Destruction 3 units pack 14
Freya's ChA Potion 5
Gemstone-R 24
Mysterious Talisman - WIT 2 Hour 1
Superior Gaint's Codex 6
Elcyum Powder 8
Elcyum Crystal 1
Giant's Energy 2
Mochi 1
Scroll of Blessing Armor: (R-grade) 2
Shadow Ingot 1

Overall around 80kk in value I think. Even though I don't feel I should complain about free stuff I have to admit I am disappointed. Like most people commenting here, I do remember former events which had a 'free' aspect to them and were way more rewarding, exceptionally rewarding I guess... if you know what I mean ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived