What happened to Lineage?

I heard about Lineage 2 Classic and decided to give it a go for the sake of old times. I remember playing it back in the day when I was a still a school boy. Always loved the artstyle and the atmosphere of L2 and the graphics were ahead of it's competitors like WoW for the time (let's not forget the lovely female armor designs too haha)

So after googling how to download Lineage 2 with the new launcher (because I could not figure out myself, props to nc soft for that) I fired it up, selected the classic Giran server (as I think it's Europe server?) and was greeted with a familiar view of the dark elven surroundings, except after a few minutes I got teleported straight to the village instead of running through familiar forest area (all of whitch I still remember through the rose tinted nostalgia glasses) after that I got offered a quest to hunt down some monsters and this time after reading the dialogue I realised that I don't even have to do any running as the game offers to teleport me to quest locations and gives a scroll to teleport back. Few dead monsters later another teleport, got some reward dual swords that are disgustingly op for my level and onehit everything. Another quest and another ~20 onehit kills. Another teleport, dialogue and I'm level 20 now and got some d grade gear that are better anything I can get my hands on by other means.

All this in maybe 20 mins. What happened to all the struggle, gear buying at low levels, all the running arround while enjoying the beutiful scenery? What's the point of all the low level gear that someone put effort into modeling? Usually these first few moments are the most memorable in any mmo you try. Where is all the working to level up stuff I was used to back when I first played it? Is this really "classic" as it does not feel like it one bit. Went back to dark elf village and can't even find a person to talk to regarding class change. What's up with all of this?

What is the exp and adena rate of this server (Giran)? Maybe this is some high rate pvp server with sped up leveling that I stumbled into? I'm confused now...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jagdpanzer38t said:

I heard about Lineage 2 Classic and decided to give it a go for the sake of old times. I remember playing it back in the day when I was a still a school boy. Always loved the artstyle and the atmosphere of L2 and the graphics were ahead of it's competitors like WoW for the time (let's not forget the lovely female armor designs too haha)

So after googling how to download Lineage 2 with the new launcher (because I could not figure out myself, props to nc soft for that) I fired it up, selected the classic Giran server (as I think it's Europe server?) and was greeted with a familiar view of the dark elven surroundings, except after a few minutes I got teleported straight to the village instead of running through familiar forest area (all of whitch I still remember through the rose tinted nostalgia glasses) after that I got offered a quest to hunt down some monsters and this time after reading the dialogue I realised that I don't even have to do any running as the game offers to teleport me to quest locations and gives a scroll to teleport back. Few dead monsters later another teleport, got some reward dual swords that are disgustingly op for my level and onehit everything. Another quest and another ~20 onehit kills. Another teleport, dialogue and I'm level 20 now and got some d grade gear that are better anything I can get my hands on by other means.

All this in maybe 20 mins. What happened to all the struggle, gear buying at low levels, all the running arround while enjoying the beutiful scenery? What's the point of all the low level gear that someone put effort into modeling? Usually these first few moments are the most memorable in any mmo you try. Where is all the working to level up stuff I was used to back when I first played it? Is this really "classic" as it does not feel like it one bit. Went back to dark elf village and can't even find a person to talk to regarding class change. What's up with all of this?

What is the exp and adena rate of this server (Giran)? Maybe this is some high rate pvp server with sped up leveling that I stumbled into? I'm confused now...

Let me tell you a story in a form of dream, i don't know why i've to tell you but i know what it means, close your eyes and just picture the scene : it was world war two...no wait, wrong song.

The game has changed and L2Classic is not like WoW Classic that brings you back to the day with a Vanilla version of the game. For those who've been in Awakening servers (the "live" servers), they should have figured out by now that classic is just a "what if" of awakening servers, without the awakening. 

The rates are lower than EU company (which is innova) 'cause we're playing in a free-to-play server. It means that you can enjoy that 1-20 in 20 mins cause it'll take you quite some more time to get up to 40 etc. 

Let's for a moment ignore the fact you've joined a bot/p2w wasteland with barely 1000 players left around (in giran, it's the EU gmt server, let's not confuse it with the EU company tho, you're playing into the NA servers, NCWest) and let's focus for a moment on the game design : it's crap. Things from different patches got mixed creating this sort of hybrid that is not classic at all. 

And you've yet to see the worst of this version and server.

Giran is the one and only EU gmt server in the NA servers, while TI is the most populated for NA players. 

Classic version is the same here or in innova, the differences are : innova is not p2w, its p2p, so you gotta pay to log account. Sadly, the server is quite empty (400-500 online? maybe?) due to past issues with RMTer and russians. 0 bots. 

Rates there are higher than here, here our rates are heavy nerfed, otherwise NCWest wont be able to sell runes/vip. 

I know how you feel, the L2 you loved is long gone :)

19 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Giran is the one and only EU gmt server in the NA servers, while TI is the most populated for NA players. 

Classic version is the same here or in innova, the differences are : innova is not p2w, its p2p, so you gotta pay to log account. Sadly, the server is quite empty (400-500 online? maybe?) due to past issues with RMTer and russians. 0 bots. 

Rates there are higher than here, here our rates are heavy nerfed, otherwise NCWest wont be able to sell runes/vip. 

I know how you feel, the L2 you loved is long gone :)

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll probably stick arround here for a bit see how things are at 20-40 lvl

P.S. this bloody forum always asking me to login instead of saving my info ahhhhh